blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:55:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664654 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: October 04, 2016, 02:58:49 PM »

Kellyanne Conway is a funny one. I hadn't seen any footage of her until yesterday but in most of the articles that I've read she was portrayed as a campaign outsider that was bought in to be a voice of reason and dilute the crazy in Trumps campaign. That illusion was quickly shattered watching TV interviews where as recently as a couple of days ago she was attempting to spin Trumps misogyny as a few isolated incidents even though they just keep piling up day after day.

Yeah, she will explain and rationalise anything. It is easy to underestimate her, but she is horribly effective. She is, essentially, an unprincipled hired gun willing to work for whoever comes along, rather than a true believer. She has worked for quite a few of the top Republicans along the way and was on Gingrich's team in 2012. She was running the biggest Cruz PAC until he chucked it in. This is what she was saying about Trump six months ago:

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 04, 2016, 03:39:01 PM »

Kate Mckinnon is really talented

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 04, 2016, 04:21:38 PM »

Nothing to do with the election, but have you seen her as Ellen?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 04, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »

she's very good. won an emmy this year for SNL and has just broken into films following the path of her predecessor on SNL Kristin Wiig.

does a brilliant justin bieber too

i spend far too much time you tube surfing SNL. Some of it is patchy, some of it is inspired

(homeland sketch, californians etc)

this is my favourite McKinnon where she gets them all corpsing

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #799 on: October 04, 2016, 05:04:53 PM »

Well if there has been one good thing from this farce of an election is that we all know who Kate McKinnon is.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 04, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »

So the big WikiLeaks revelation was a non-event, with Assange just talking about it being their tenth anniversary and promoting his new book. Conspiracy theorists all over the world are devastated, firstly that there were none of the expected revelations, but also that their hero would do this to them. Assange had teased the releases for weeks and allowed people to believe that today was the day, and now he has let them down. If you are a conspiracy theorist, what's your first conclusion? He's been got at; he's done a deal. From being their idol, they are now kicking him around. Some of them are sharing their disappointment on #WikiRolled  https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/WikiRolled?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw. The other conclusion is that he doesn't have much. No doubt, they have plenty of documents to release, but it seems there is nothing devastating, contrary to promises.

Alex Jones is one of the best-known conspiracy guys and he is not happy that he stayed up all night for Assange's expected bombshell announcement (10am German time). Jones is always angry, but usually at "establishment" politicians and media, rather than others in the conspiracy industry.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 04, 2016, 09:17:01 PM »

Haha, Alex Jones is an absolute wack job!

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #802 on: October 04, 2016, 10:02:59 PM »

There is a really funny chapter in the Jon Ronson book 'Them' where Jon and Alex Jones try and infiltrate a Bildeberg meeting. Something so entertaining about the unassuming Louis Theroux-esque Ronson following round that nutjob.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 04, 2016, 10:37:48 PM »

There is a really funny chapter in the Jon Ronson book 'Them' where Jon and Alex Jones try and infiltrate a Bildeberg meeting. Something so entertaining about the unassuming Louis Theroux-esque Ronson following round that nutjob.

Think Rogan was talking about that on his podcast, and it might well have been with Louis Theroux that he was telling.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 05, 2016, 12:53:39 AM »

Alex Jones has the distinction of being the only man in the world who makes Piers Morgan look good.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 05, 2016, 03:00:06 AM »

Kaine-Pence VP debate coming up, if anyone if still up.

It's probably even less relevant to the election result than usual, with the extraordinary three-part main event, and these being two less charismatic politicians.

Logically, it should really attract more attention than normal this time, as it is more likely that one of these could end up as President, with both Presidential candidates being well beyond normal retirement age, one with question marks over their health and the other overweight and of unknown health, and both vulnerable to numerous potential scandals that could bring their tenure to a premature end.

This is likely to be more like the normal policy-heavy debate, though the personal stuff is likely to overflow into it.

Game on.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 05, 2016, 03:06:02 AM »

Cheers for the heads up.

I'll give this a spin.

Alex Jones has the distinction of being the only man in the world who makes Piers Morgan look good.

Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 05, 2016, 03:07:51 AM »

Someone fecked up at GOP headquarters and released their verdict saying that Pence won the debate - before it even started.

https://mic.com/articles/155860/rnc-declares-mike-pence-the-vp-debate-winner-before-the-debate-even-begins#.x7dgkEw3T
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 05, 2016, 03:09:42 AM »

Enjoyed how neither candidate really bothered to answer the first question :p

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 05, 2016, 03:13:14 AM »

Not sure I'll see this one out.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: