blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664764 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: October 05, 2016, 04:07:24 PM »

Eric Trump is his fathers son Cheesy

I see what you mean now. Just watched his effort on CNN last night. He's even more annoying than Donald.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/eric-trump-says-dad-pays-federal-income-tax-wont-prove-it.html

Hard to imagine anyone could be, but he is more annoying, and had about 40 years less practice Cheesy

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #826 on: October 05, 2016, 04:24:19 PM »

Why is the right in America in red and the left in blue, when in Europe red is left wing?

I don't think the parties ever had colours - I think I read it was brought in by the tv companies with colour tv as they had to show some difference on a map. It may even have been as simple as 'Republican and red both start with R'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 06, 2016, 10:19:11 AM »

The Atlantic was founded in 1860. It has only ever endorsed 3 Presidential candidates. Now it turns on Trump

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/11/the-case-for-hillary-clinton-and-against-donald-trump/501161/?utm_source=atlfb

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 06, 2016, 12:25:27 PM »

Obama in the economist

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21708216-americas-president-writes-us-about-four-crucial-areas-unfinished-business-economic

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 06, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »

"His affect" - WTF!

I am in favour of language developing and changing, but sometimes changes don't seem to be improvements, and the expanded use of verbs as nouns often looks awkward. "The build", "the reveal" and, ugliest of all, "the invite", are now in common use, but I have never seen "the affect" used in this way. I don't know whether The Atlantic has just invented it. It looks odd to me but I guess we might have to get used to seeing this "invent".

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 12:33:33 PM by MintTrav » Logged
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 06, 2016, 03:28:33 PM »

Leaks indicate that Clinton was happy with the performance of the 'loser' in the VP debate, while Trump was not happy with the 'winner'. While Pence has been given the win on points, we are told that Kaine entered the debate with the objective of undermining Trump further, rather than winning the debate. The VP is often required to sacrifice their own best interest for the good of the President, and it seems that Kaine may have already started. This may be a reflection of the Democrats' increasing confidence that they are going to win, just as Pence's disloyalty shows that he may have little expectation of having to work with Trump after next month.

While Pence went through the standard debate prep, locking himself away for a week with one-time front-runner Scott Walker (Gov of Wisconsin) and having four mock debates, there are reports that Trump has learned nothing from his mauling and, despite all the suggestions for changes, is doing nothing different for the next debate. The debate team sat around again at the weekend, just the eight of them this time (!) - Trump, Giuliani, Priebus, Christie, Conway, Steve Miller, Bannon and Kushner, with Christie taking a lead role (as he should).
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/02/christie-advises-trump-on-town-hall-tactics-ahead-of-second-debate/
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 06, 2016, 04:37:28 PM »

What is the difference between a 'town hall' debate and the setup for the first one? I have read that Trump could do better in this formet but none of the articles have actually explained the difference

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 06, 2016, 04:40:32 PM »

What is the difference between a 'town hall' debate and the setup for the first one? I have read that Trump could do better in this formet but none of the articles have actually explained the difference

I watched Obama's 'Town Hall' last week, and that was questions from members of the audience.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 06, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »

uh oh for democrats. younger voters much les likely to vote 2016 v 2012

My eyes are open wide
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #834 on: October 06, 2016, 05:14:31 PM »

uh oh for democrats. younger voters much les likely to vote 2016 v 2012

Not even considered the young voter turnout in this one, given it was a big bone of contention with Brexit I reckon it could be in this un.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 07, 2016, 10:47:40 AM »

Hello, this is Lyin' Ted Cruz.
This humiliation is my punishment for crossing Donald Trump.
I hate myself right now.
I have no principles any more.
My father killed JFK.

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 07, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »

I watched Obama's 'Town Hall' last week, and that was questions from members of the Acting community.

FYP

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 07, 2016, 01:23:59 PM »

I watched Obama's 'Town Hall' last week, and that was questions from members of the audience.

Cheers, how heavily vetted are the attendees? Do the candidates know any of the questions in advance? Aside from the obvious ones ofc

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 07, 2016, 02:55:34 PM »

Cheers, how heavily vetted are the attendees? Do the candidates know any of the questions in advance? Aside from the obvious ones ofc

The people at the one I watched were serving members of the forces, and relatives of ex servicemen/women.

I'd imagine they're quite heavily vetted, given it's the POTUS attending.

However, they might have all been actors  Roll Eyes

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 07, 2016, 03:50:27 PM »

The people at the one I watched were serving members of the forces, and relatives of ex servicemen/women.

I'd imagine they're quite heavily vetted, given it's the POTUS attending.

However, they might have all been actors  Roll Eyes

Gallup has been given the job of providing the audience (who are all supposed to be uncommitted voters), so I guess it depends on how much faith you have in their independence.

Some of the questions are kind of known this time, as they are trying out having the public submit questions and vote on them. The top 30 will be "considered" by the moderators for conclusion. Presumably, they have not guaranteed the top three or whatever will be asked in case someone asks about The Simpsons or votey mcvoteface and everyone piles on. It's gotta be a lock that some questions will be asked from here, but are they really going to be questions that wouldn't be asked anyway?

If you want to, you can vote or even ask your own question here: https://presidentialopenquestions.com/,
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: