blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:03:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 665071 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: October 07, 2016, 04:21:01 PM »

Does Hillary use an actor to ask a staged question here?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-05/clinton-caught-using-child-actor-ask-planted-question-pennsylvania-townhall

I don't think it can happen on Sunday though.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 07, 2016, 05:55:24 PM »

Not even considered the young voter turnout in this one, given it was a big bone of contention with Brexit I reckon it could be in this un.

It's a real problem that they haven't been able to resolve so far. As Hills isn't attracting the young, guess who they're turning to to do some speechifying for them - young Bernie Sanders. Might help. They are also bringing in........Al Gore. Jesus - that might have worked twenty-five years ago. Even then, he was a young fuddy-duddy, but he is over sixty now, and looks it. They seem to think that he will also remind voters how voting for the third party can mess things up, on account of Gore losing due to Ralph Nader's votes. I would give Gore himself plenty of credit for that defeat, throwing away an election he should have won, but whatever.

Surely they would do better to stick with Michelle Obama, who young people seem to like, and maybe set Chelsea Clinton loose. Or maybe get some real young people involved. If not proper young ones, there must be some youngish starry politicians who would connect better than Gore. I would say, at this stage, they are more likely to go all the way without finding a solution than they are of cracking it.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 07, 2016, 09:06:21 PM »

We have an American guest over at the moment.

Dr in Engineering type.

Telling us he fully expects Trump to win, despite all his failings.

People are very scared over there at the moment and even living in the outskirts of Chicago(50 km from centre), he has taken up arms.

More importantly, he was telling us that Obamacare is a complete disaster for middle class types.

He was paying $300 per month before Obama got his hands on HealthCare. Now he is paying $900 a month, with an excess of over $8000 if he actually has to use it!

His words were "we can't afford to be ill" even though they are paying through the nose.

He anticipates this continuing during any Clinton administration.

Makes you glad for the Health Service!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #843 on: October 07, 2016, 10:38:17 PM »

Dr in Engineering type.

People are very scared over there at the moment and even living in the outskirts of Chicago(50 km from centre), he has taken up arms.

More importantly, he was telling us that Obamacare is a complete disaster for middle class types.

He was paying $300 per month before Obama got his hands on HealthCare. Now he is paying $900 a month, with an excess of over $8000 if he actually has to use it!

His words were "we can't afford to be ill" even though they are paying through the nose.

Yeah this. I know quite a few yanks for whom Obamacare has been a total disaster, and yep makes me very happy to have an NHS.

As for Chicago, the gun/gang violence over there is horrifying and largely being unreported.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 08, 2016, 12:20:28 AM »

I've become friends with a couple guys from the US, one of whom is a pollster, and another was a lawyer, who was responsible for running campaigns. One of which was for someone who actually became president (I think it was Carter)

We had dinner with them a few times in Vegas this summer, and they both said that Trump had a serious chance of winning, too.  

They are democrats, but weren't happy, and it was a case of 'Hold my nose and vote for Hilary'.

Might be good for the £ if Trump gets in, so that's one silver lining Grin

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:27:02 AM by Marky147 » Logged

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 08, 2016, 09:45:16 AM »

As for Chicago, the gun/gang violence over there is horrifying and largely being unreported.

Guess which one of these get reported on the most by the MSM?

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 08, 2016, 10:33:54 AM »

Trump tape on groping women should destroy him - but will it?

http://reaction.life/trump-tape-groping-women-destroy-will/?sf

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #847 on: October 08, 2016, 11:00:57 AM »

Seems like a good time to stick a few quid on Trump if you were feeling inclined to anyway, his odds have gone up by quite a bit after his lewd comments leak. Any yank who was voting for him still is after this IMO, anyone outraged by it was never voting for him in the first place and he could deflect this in the debates by bringing up Bill Clinton's indiscretions which everyone thought he would in the first debate.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 08, 2016, 11:06:31 AM »

Seems like a good time to stick a few quid on Trump if you were feeling inclined to anyway, his odds have gone up by quite a bit after his lewd comments leak. Any yank who was voting for him still is after this IMO, anyone outraged by it was never voting for him in the first place and he could deflect this in the debates by bringing up Bill Clinton's indiscretions which everyone thought he would in the first debate.

Exactly like Mr Harris said, the people who love him don't care.

Still makes me lol, even now Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 08, 2016, 11:16:58 AM »

its the most insane political year on both sides of the pond

i mean, this headline...

who could have imagined this?

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 08, 2016, 11:18:30 AM »

one commentary i was listening to said

paraphrasing a bit but..

"Trump will lose, but its not Trump you have to worry about. Hillary will be a one term president and the next GOP candidate might be just as dangerous only more controlled, look more sensible and get elected"

My eyes are open wide
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #851 on: October 08, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »

The secret sauce to why that is funny is Rogan's infectious laugh

You'll like this

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #852 on: October 08, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »

one commentary i was listening to said

paraphrasing a bit but..

"Trump will lose, but its not Trump you have to worry about. Hillary will be a one term president and the next GOP candidate might be just as dangerous only more controlled, look more sensible and get elected"

This. Career politicians of all persuasions should be looking at Trump's rise and should see it as a blueprint for how to appeal to people sick of 'elitist' establishment politicians.

Not sure it's a bad thing if the actually good politicians take a leaf from his book too.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 08, 2016, 11:56:18 AM »

The secret sauce to why that is funny is Rogan's infectious laugh

You'll like this

Americans are mental.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #854 on: October 08, 2016, 01:59:29 PM »

Dr in Engineering type.

Yeah this. I know quite a few yanks for whom Obamacare has been a total disaster, and yep makes me very happy to have an NHS.

8k isn't all that bad considering the price otherwise over there!!!

Chicago also seems like a truly delightful place to reside-

https://theintercept.com/2016/10/06/in-the-chicago-police-department-if-the-bosses-say-it-didnt-happen-it-didnt-happen/
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: