blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664685 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4200 on: October 09, 2020, 03:48:13 PM »

He's surely just trying to play up as much as possible now?

Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: October 09, 2020, 03:55:25 PM »

Isn't "Crazy" Nancy Pelosi making an error trying to remove Trump now.  He may be a complete moron, but an election is due and trying to remove him outside that just gives him a stick to beat you with.  Surely it galvanises his own supporters and makes the democrat supporters a bit uneasy?  And then don't thr Republicans just returrn the favour with Biden in a couple of years?

Trump is clearly a bit unhinged right now, and probably more so than normal, but it still seems a bad strategy to me.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: October 09, 2020, 04:07:27 PM »

Isn't "Crazy" Nancy Pelosi making an error trying to remove Trump now.  He may be a complete moron, but an election is due and trying to remove him outside that just gives him a stick to beat you with.  Surely it galvanises his own supporters and makes the democrat supporters a bit uneasy?  And then don't thr Republicans just returrn the favour with Biden in a couple of years?

Trump is clearly a bit unhinged right now, and probably more so than normal, but it still seems a bad strategy to me.

My guess would be that her commission to look at the issue is never intended to invoke it.

Just have a month leading up to the election where the news can publically discuss his state of mind and fitness to carry out his job.

And it's not like it gives the presidency to the other side - it only gives it to the VP, who was on the same ticket for the election.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: October 10, 2020, 02:30:32 PM »

A drug addict has died in Minnesota at the early age of 38. So what? So, it could change the course of history by determining who becomes President of the USA.

If the Trump campaign recovers and the election ends in a 269-269 tie, the winner is decided by the House of Representatives, but it's not a one-man-one-vote situation. Each State gets one vote, irrespective of how many Representatives they have (so Wyoming's one Rep is equal to California's 53), and 26 votes are needed to win. Although the Dems have a majority in the House, the GOP currently leads 26-23 in States (Pennsylvania is tied), but that could change in November, so it could be another knife-edge situation. The new members don't take their seats until 3 Jan, but it is the new House that makes the decision some time after that.

Which brings us to Minnesota.

This is the website of Adam Weeks, the Legal Marijuana Now Party's candidate for Congress in Minnesota's 2nd District - https://www.weeks2020.com/. Adam managed to reconcile his opposition to herbicides and pesticides with his marijuana use but, unfortunately, has died suddenly from unknown causes, which probably doesn't help sell the party's message.

Minnesota law is that, if the candidate of a major party dies in the run-up to an election, it is postponed until the following February, a major party being one that achieved 5% of the votes in the most recent election for the primary State positions. Currently, there are four - the Democrats, the Republicans, the Legal Marijuana Now Party and the Grassroots-Legalize Cannabis Party. The Greens, Libertarian and Independence Parties didn't make the cut.

So the November House election in District 2 is off. Angie Craig's term expires on 3 Jan and the District will have no representation until the election is held on 9 Feb. Minnesota has eight Representatives, who are currently split 5-3 for the Dems, so seven seats will be contested in Nov. Five of these are safe, three Dems and two GOP and the other two are toss-ups that are held one each at present. With Craig sidelined, if the GOP holds its seat (which it's looking like it will), it just needs to flip one seat to snatch the majority and the Presidential vote. The Democrat incumbent in that District has done 15 terms, but it's feasible that they could do it - the District has become more Republican over time and Trump won there by a massive margin in 2016, 61%-31%, his largest margin in any District represented by a Democrat in the House. So we could see a 4-3 GOP majority and Democrat gains elsewhere could mean that Minnesota is the decider.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: October 10, 2020, 08:39:36 PM »

2020 just gets more chaotic with every passing day.

Tragic to die so young. What was the cause of death?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: October 10, 2020, 08:47:40 PM »

This thread has videos from the pence rally in florida. Taking place in one of the huge retirement
age enclaves

Simply amazing. Unbearably selfish

https://twitter.com/Josiensor/status/1315002123134930945?s=19

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: October 10, 2020, 11:28:16 PM »

It wasn't released....

Just to round off what happens in a tie, in another example of how daft US rules are, the new Vice President would be chosen by the Senate, so wouldn't necessarily be the new President's running mate. They could end up with a President and Vice President from opposing parties.

And if the House can't decide on the new President, the new Vice President becomes Acting President until they do, no matter how long it takes.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: October 10, 2020, 11:48:24 PM »

Donald Trump has a new endorsement.......from the Taliban.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-taliban-hopes-donald-trump-will-win-the-us-election
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: October 11, 2020, 12:45:13 AM »

It wasn't released....

Just to round off what happens in a tie, in another example of how daft US rules are, the new Vice President would be chosen by the Senate, so wouldn't necessarily be the new President's running mate. They could end up with a President and Vice President from opposing parties.

And if the House can't decide on the new President, the new Vice President becomes Acting President until they do, no matter how long it takes.

Makes me glad to live in our political madhouse, as annoying as they are.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: October 11, 2020, 12:46:20 AM »

Donald Trump has a new endorsement.......from the Taliban.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-taliban-hopes-donald-trump-will-win-the-us-election

Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: October 12, 2020, 12:18:37 AM »

Good to see the President back on top, having tackled the virus head-on:

Of course, there's always someone with a chip on their shoulder.   https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/11/fauci-trump-campaign-ad-428761
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 12:22:25 AM by MintTrav » Logged
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: October 12, 2020, 01:08:40 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

The President's first live speech since he became immune to Covid was to a small group of Latino and Black supporters at the White House. It was supposed to be less small, in that 2,000 people were invited but only 800 turned up but, anyway, they were there. The White House said that everyone would be tested beforehand but it turned out that they were temperature-checked and given a questionnaire to complete, but that was all. You would think they would have learned their lesson after the previous episode, but apparently not.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: October 12, 2020, 02:16:18 AM »

Of course, there's always someone with a chip on their shoulder.   https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/11/fauci-trump-campaign-ad-428761

Saw him being interviewed somewhere talking about having been given the cure, and he was making sure everyone would get it.

I know it's a treatment/medicine, but I'm calling it the cure.

All the Alex Jones mob think Fauci is like Bill Gates' sidekick, and they're going to murder everyone's kids.

One of my mates is so deep into it, I'm waiting for him to pop out in Australia.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: October 12, 2020, 02:30:10 AM »

Saw him being interviewed somewhere talking about having been given the cure, and he was making sure everyone would get it.

I know it's a treatment/medicine, but I'm calling it the cure.

All the Alex Jones mob think Fauci is like Bill Gates' sidekick, and they're going to murder everyone's kids.

One of my mates is so deep into it, I'm waiting for him to pop out in Australia.

Nate Silver
@NateSilver538
Trump can still win. But on the other hand, if you're deriving a model from history, it implicitly presumes some baseline level of competence from a presidental campaign that may not be compatible with, say, getting into a public spat with Dr. Fauci 3 weeks out from the election.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: October 12, 2020, 03:26:32 AM »

Nate Silver
@NateSilver538
Trump can still win. But on the other hand, if you're deriving a model from history, it implicitly presumes some baseline level of competence from a presidental campaign that may not be compatible with, say, getting into a public spat with Dr. Fauci 3 weeks out from the election.

Surely all that does is reinforce the trumpsters, who think he's the best thing since sliced bread, anyway.

Anyone with a semblance of common sense sees what it is, so as much as they may dislike the fact Biden shuffles around his position as it suits, it's better than what likely transpires if don don gets back in.

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: