blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 25, 2021, 04:14:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2256797 Posts in 66570 Topics by 16633 Members
Latest Member: Elephant420
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 430793 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 15465



View Profile WWW
« Reply #4410 on: November 06, 2020, 10:25:22 PM »

You have to love the idea that the Democrats are able to run this sophisticated election rigging operation and yet, in an election where they are forecast to win the Senate, manage to rig it so that they don't win the Senate.
Logged
youthnkzR
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2404


View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: November 06, 2020, 11:41:57 PM »

You have to love the idea that the Democrats are able to run this sophisticated election rigging operation and yet, in an election where they are forecast to win the Senate, manage to rig it so that they don't win the Senate.

Playing devil's advocate here, perhaps Democrats thought they needed so many votes that people filling out fraudulent ballots only voted for president.

It seems to be getting noticed that in a lot of the swing states a lot of the votes were only for President. Funnily enough, the majority of these were for Biden.
Logged
MintTrav
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3396


View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: November 07, 2020, 12:02:38 AM »

Didn't see that but it sounds painful. They've really snookered themselves by having an independent decision desk.

A Pennsylvania court has just ordered that ballots cured by having the voter come in to fix a signature etc are to be set aside and not counted (until a Court decides whether they can be included or not). It seems that it'll only be implemented for the ballots not yet counted, as it's not possible to go back on those already processed. Sounds like the basis for a further complaint.

Georgia is gonna take ages longer. It's heading for a recount once they're done as it's so close (1,561 difference out of 4.9m votes). Quote from the official who said there'll be a recount - "Some of us went to high schools that had more people than the difference between these two candidates".

Military votes yet to come in. Regardless of who wins, recount on the cards. Isn't Georgia a state that recounts anything within a 0.5% diff range anyway?

Candidates can ask for a recount if the difference is less than 0.5% (which would be about 25,000), but it's not automatic if they don't ask for it. Or the State can decide itself to do one for a variety of reasons, which seems to be what is happening.


Rod Blagojevich is moralising. About fraud! Brilliant.
For those who don't know, this is the Illinois Democrat Governor who went to prison for a long list of frauds and corruption, including trying to sell Obama's vacated Senate seat, to which he had the power to appoint a replacement. Trump set him free earlier this year, with six years still to serve, so he owes him a lot.
Logged
MintTrav
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3396


View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: November 07, 2020, 12:07:03 AM »

I saw a comment from some Republican politician piling in on how unseemly Trump is being - he said something along the lines of that every US election has irregularities because they're big and complicated affairs. But that they make barely any difference to the overall result.

I'm guessing Trump is hoping that if he casts a wide enough net he'll manage to get something that actually makes a difference somewhere that is really close but realistically I think he just wants a narrative to say that he never lost, it was stolen and even the courts were in on it.

Surely if there was ever going to be a massive election fraud, this would be the one.

Having a large % of ballots posted via Mail is just asking for trouble.

If anything does come from these lawsuits, I hope both sides are investigated. It's pretty apparent them the Democrats most likely of the two parties to have cheated, but that's not to say the other side isn't doing the same to some extent.

Why is it?
Logged
Doobs
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 15189


View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: November 07, 2020, 01:02:20 AM »

I saw a comment from some Republican politician piling in on how unseemly Trump is being - he said something along the lines of that every US election has irregularities because they're big and complicated affairs. But that they make barely any difference to the overall result.

I'm guessing Trump is hoping that if he casts a wide enough net he'll manage to get something that actually makes a difference somewhere that is really close but realistically I think he just wants a narrative to say that he never lost, it was stolen and even the courts were in on it.

Surely if there was ever going to be a massive election fraud, this would be the one.

Having a large % of ballots posted via Mail is just asking for trouble.

If anything does come from these lawsuits, I hope both sides are investigated. It's pretty apparent them the Democrats most likely of the two parties to have cheated, but that's not to say the other side isn't doing the same to some extent.

Why is it?

 Click to see full-size image.
Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 10063


Go Ducks!


View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: November 07, 2020, 01:10:02 AM »

You have to love the idea that the Democrats are able to run this sophisticated election rigging operation and yet, in an election where they are forecast to win the Senate, manage to rig it so that they don't win the Senate.

Philadelphia is one of the only counties in Pennsylvania where Trump has done better than 2016. The Trump campaign aren’t even trying to spread logical rumours of fraud as they know it doesn’t matter to their base, as they will eat up anything they feed them. This is all about Trumps ego and where he goes next.
 
Logged
MintTrav
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3396


View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: November 07, 2020, 01:46:10 AM »

 Click to see full-size image.
Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 44931



View Profile WWW
« Reply #4417 on: November 07, 2020, 07:49:08 AM »

How can a state count 99% of its vote in a few hours but be unable to count the remaining 1% in three days?
Logged

Youth fades but immaturity can last forever.
nirvana
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7449



View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: November 07, 2020, 08:06:58 AM »

 Click to see full-size image.


Like
Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
bagel
bagel
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 749


View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: November 07, 2020, 08:55:13 AM »

not long to go until we can officially rename the 45th  president of the united states of america ..... P45
Logged
Ironside
Administrator
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 41217



View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: November 07, 2020, 09:41:16 AM »

How can a state count 99% of its vote in a few hours but be unable to count the remaining 1% in three days?
postal votes need a signature check 
Logged

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 10063


Go Ducks!


View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: November 07, 2020, 09:50:59 AM »

How can a state count 99% of its vote in a few hours but be unable to count the remaining 1% in three days?

The last ballots will be a mixture of disputed ballots, ballots that have been partially damaged, if you have a president shouting fraud all the time you are going to be very careful about how you count these with observers disputing them. Also there are  provisional ballots where a person votes on the day but requested a vote by mail so it has to be checked that it hasn’t been duplicated and military/overseas late arriving ballots.
Logged
Doobs
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 15189


View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: November 07, 2020, 10:14:54 AM »

Some states have a late date for when ballots can be counted of 10 November or 12 November.  So long as they are postmarked on 3 November or earlier they still count.  This is why North Carolina has been on 99% for a couple of days and can't finish. 



Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MintTrav
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3396


View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: November 07, 2020, 11:41:22 AM »

Another new record day for Covid infections, 125,000, including Chief of Staff Mark Meadows. It was amazing that he didn't get it a month ago when the rest of them did. He was with the President several times in public around that time without either of them having masks, and you can't imagine they were more careful in private, but he kept testing negative. Now he's got it, and he's been with everyone this week, including at the White House party on election night, when hardly anyone had a mask, including him. More White House or campaign team infections won't be a surprise.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/06/mark-meadows-covid-19-trump
Logged
Marky147
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 21276



View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: November 07, 2020, 03:15:29 PM »



Bit of light relief.

Kayleigh being tongue tied is a rare occurrence.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.