blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  OFFICIAL Star Wars The Force Awakens thread WITH SPOILERS!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL Star Wars The Force Awakens thread WITH SPOILERS!!!  (Read 4657 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »

Very strong parody account, Emo Kylo Ren

https://twitter.com/KyloR3n

Emo Kylo Ren ‏@KyloR3n  · Dec 22 
dad the wookiee used all my garnier fructis

Smiley

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2015, 10:24:06 PM »

Believe that's it for JJ, next one is by the director.of Fast and Furious.

Thats disappointing =/

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2015, 11:27:23 PM »

I liked it because it made me feel young again but some of the disappointments were old/senile Han Solo, old/fat Princess Leia and when the baddie took his mask off it was Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2015, 11:15:49 AM »

What's the deal with this new Death Star?
The first one gets blown up because any old duffer can wander in and switch off the shields.
The second gets blown up because you put the shield generator on a nearby planet but so badly guarded a bunch of teddy bears with sticks can get to it
So you build a super duper new one and go back to plan A and a novice storm trooper with a background in sanitation can sabotage it.

And I have no problem with the concept of the Death Star drawing the power for its devastating weapon from a nearby star, but the idea that it can suck up and store 100% of a star's energy is ridiculous. You know when it's charged because the sun goes dark??

Then you blow up planets in the system with the sucked up power. Why? You've just turned off their sun.

And it has its own atmosphere and climate, including trees and snow. Was it a planet that was converted to a Death Star or a Death Star converted to a planet? Either way, you're going to fly it through the Galaxy at light speed??

They want to get their health and safety sorted out before doing the big projects. Did you see that bridge Kylo Ren and Han Solo were on? No hand rails, poorly lit, very dangerous.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 11:21:47 AM by AdamM » Logged
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 05:51:56 PM »

I had started posting a full review detailing all the issues I had with the film, but the longer I wrote, the lower the score got and it was going to turn into an enormous post.

The short version though is 6/10 and that's with bonus nostalgia/loyalty points from an original generation fan too. Far too many regurgitated plot lines, scenes and relationships, and far too many obsurdities.

I will post specifics over time as they get mentioned by other. I'll start with Finn. I thought the character made no sense at all. Don't get me wrong, the young lad playing the part was fine. It was the character itself.

This was someone who'd been taken as a child, not even named, just given a serial number and trained to be a killing machine (but also had a job in sanitation on the new Death Star). On his very first mission though, he has some miraculous moral epiphany, and find he can't/won't kill anyone.

He rescues Roe, bundles him into a Tie fighter and they make their escape. After a brief dog fight, they are shit down and separated. Finn is devastated when he thinks Roe is dead, and when they are reunited later in the film, it's like they're long lost old friends. They spent about 30 minute in each other's company.

As well as the new found morality, he also feels fear, loyalty, devastation at injury or death of people he's known no time at all. The character makes no sense at all. One minute he's a trained killer who can handle himself with a gun turret, blaster, and even take on a Sith Lord with a light Sable (that was particularly stupid) but the next he's a rookie reluctant soldier transferred from a sanitation post on the Death Star.

Was disappointed he survived the battle with Kylo Ren.

I think the whole setting it in space thing was a bit far fetched

sola virtus nobilitat
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 07:42:11 PM »

Are you suggesting because it's set in Space, nothing else has to make sense?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2015, 08:58:58 PM »

I think so, it's also the hairy monsters as well tbf

sola virtus nobilitat
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 02:10:06 PM »

I think so, it's also the hairy monsters as well tbf

I can't see how sucking the energy out of a sun is any less believable than a little green frog man using telekinesis to lift a space ship out of a lake.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 09:15:25 AM »

ALL the energy from the sun is what's the problem
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 12:49:42 AM »

Whilst they were very clever in showing that the droid could only take one stair at a time - kind of like me with a gammy leg - I just couldn't get my head around the fact that it's body rotated completely independently from its head.

Meanwhile, Han Solo at 70 had all his parts in well-oiled order. Just glad we didn't see any of them.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 08:59:43 AM »

What's the deal with this new Death Star?
The first one gets blown up because any old duffer can wander in and switch off the shields.
The second gets blown up because you put the shield generator on a nearby planet but so badly guarded a bunch of teddy bears with sticks can get to it
So you build a super duper new one and go back to plan A and a novice storm trooper with a background in sanitation can sabotage it.I'm

Brilliant description Adam very funny and sums my thoughts up on it too
Pretty poor film I thought after all the hype it was more like a rehash of the first one
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »

Enjoyed it. I thought Carrie Fisher looked more like Jabba than Leia tho

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 06:47:41 PM »

As well as the new found morality, he also feels fear, loyalty, devastation at injury or death of people he's known no time at all. The character makes no sense at all. One minute he's a trained killer who can handle himself with a gun turret, blaster, and even take on a Sith Lord with a light Sable (that was particularly stupid) but the next he's a rookie reluctant soldier transferred from a sanitation post on the Death Star.

Was disappointed he survived the battle with Kylo Ren.

Think he's gonna be revealed later that he can use the force otherwise him fending off Kylo with the sabre is ridiculous.  Would also explain why the stormtrooper brainwashing techniques didnt work on him.

Overall I enjoyed it, dont really wanna rate it coz Im overly biased towards and didnt even hate eps 1-3.  Lots of unanswered questions arising from it to build anticipation for the next ones.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 04:51:37 PM »

Watched the film this morning and loved it. Thought the humour was spot on, liked the fact that it was more about the new characters with the originals on the fringe. Personally I try not to over analyse films too much and take them for what they are and to me this film was a few hours of taking me away from the real world with a bit of nostalgia built in. Personally I'm not a great fan of Harrison Ford and was fine with him dying, however my wife was crying even though this is the second time she has seen the film. Would like to think humanity or human spirit is why Finn became who he was. Though Keira Knightley   Grin  done a good job as Rey.

Finally is she suppose to be Luke's daughter? Or Obi-wan? Little disagreement with the trouble.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 04:57:15 PM »

Finally is she suppose to be Luke's daughter? Or Obi-wan? Little disagreement with the trouble.

unknown so far, the other rumor is that she may be Han and Leia's daughter and for some reason they didnt mention it to her or didnt recognize her.  I think for certain she was hidden from Kylo when he turned on all of the new Jedi and was placed on Jakku for her own safety

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: