blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:46:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  After Liverpool ticket price climb-down what are other changes fans want to see?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: After Liverpool ticket price climb-down what are other changes fans want to see?  (Read 9627 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2016, 01:43:51 PM »

the article quotes

Compensate fans if late fixture changes

Introduce safe standing

Ban tannoy music after goals

Better and cheaper beer

Prevent clubs from using secondary ticket partners

Move the FA Cup final back to 3pm

Stop kits being changed every season

Introduce wi-fi in grounds

Restrict number of loans clubs can make

Adjust prices more fairly for restricted view seats

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/12151557/After-Liverpool-ticket-price-climb-down-what-are-other-changes-fans-want-to-see.html

agree with these? what else?

i thoroughly agree with not changing kits every season. having experienced it recently, late fixture changes are bad too

tannoy goal music is very irritiating!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 05:09:01 PM »

I love the new kits each season.  It's part of the pre season.  Why do people feel that they are forced to buy the latest one?? 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 05:15:16 PM »

I love the new kits each season.  It's part of the pre season.  Why do people feel that they are forced to buy the latest one?? 

there is peer pressure, particularly on children, to have the latest kit

adults don't like to wear the old one either

fwiw i don't wear them but have come up against it with my kids. you don't give in, and wait for christmas and birthdays etc,

its £40+ per shirt, extra for lettering. costs a fortune. Especially if you have a soft spot for Borthwick-Jackson, i expect

seriously though, it's too much.

there is absolutely no need for a new kit each season, the norm used to be every two seasons which was reasonable, unless a sponsor changed etc

My eyes are open wide
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 05:22:04 PM »

Agree with most of them. Ticket allocations for big cup finals (FA,CL) should be more weighted towards fans of the teams playing as well. Most of the time is the clubs biggest match in years (maybe ever) and they only get 1/3 each because 1/3 is allocated to people who have no affiliation with the teams and are just there for the free day out.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 05:34:11 PM »

fwiw i don't wear them but have come up against it with my kids. you don't give in, and wait for christmas and birthdays etc,

its £40+ per shirt, extra for lettering. costs a fortune. Especially if you have a soft spot for Borthwick-Jackson, i expect

there is absolutely no need for a new kit each season, the norm used to be every two seasons which was reasonable, unless a sponsor changed etc

It's a silly argument that clubs can't release new kits because people don't have the discipline not to buy them.  It's cart before horse.  If people stop buying them then they won't change it.  Let the market decide.  Why are football fans special in this regard?  Why do they need protecting from themselves and other fashion consumers don't?

The "norm" you mention was the 80s.  Times have changed.  People rarely had dinners out in the 80s either and now it's several times a week what with pubs serving food.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 05:38:03 PM »

Agree with most of them. Ticket allocations for big cup finals (FA,CL) should be more weighted towards fans of the teams playing as well. Most of the time is the clubs biggest match in years (maybe ever) and they only get 1/3 each because 1/3 is allocated to people who have no affiliation with the teams and are just there for the free day out.

Yep that's a good one.  10 percent only to corporate hospitality and sponsors imo
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 05:39:13 PM »

no as recently as five years ago the "two year rule" was in place

its pertinent because so much of the demand is under 18s based. Clubs are just exploiting fans, treating them as customers rather than what they are, which is a grouping of fans whose passion compels them to buy them

the goodwill they would get from re-asserting a formal two year rule would be enormous

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 05:44:51 PM »

no as recently as five years ago the "two year rule" was in place

its pertinent because so much of the demand is under 18s based. Clubs are just exploiting fans, treating them as customers rather than what they are, which is a grouping of fans whose passion compels them to buy them

the goodwill they would get from re-asserting a formal two year rule would be enormous

Watford have changed their strip every year since 1997 as far as I know.  In fact which clubs kept their kits for 2 years in 2010?  I can't think of a single one? I still don't understand why football fans need protecting from fashion accessories.  It's not drugs.  If fans don't buy the items then clubs won't churn them out.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 05:52:01 PM »

And there will be no goodwill from me if they change it to a 2 year cycle.  I'm already thinking about what spangly silky yellow costume Ighalo will be parading in August.  You're going to leave a void in my life.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 05:58:55 PM »

I was I think 12 or 13 when they first introduced player names. They used to charge per letter ( which I don't think they do any more). My friend was a Villa fan and his dad said he could have a kit with name and number but his dad chose the name. It was Cox - the reserve full back. Economical, but I'm sure not exactly my friends first choice...

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 06:02:32 PM »

Leicester still charge per letter.

My eyes are open wide
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 06:30:57 PM »

Like a lot of these;

Introduce safe standing - having only been to one ground where I stood, that being Griffin Park last season, despite whether that was just because it was different I thought the atmosphere and experience was a lot better.

Better a cheap beer - goes without saying

Adjust prices for restricted view seats - I have been to several games within the last two years where my view has been restricted so much that I can see only 1/3 of the pitch. This definitely needs to happen across the board as it just isn't fair.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 09:11:33 PM »

Would love to be able to have a beer when watching the game. Was at the Amex watching Brentford last Friday, forced to wolf one down pre-match and at half time. Last time I sat in that same stand it was for South Africa/Japan where we could drink in our seats. Much more enjoyable.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 09:46:53 PM »

I miss standing on the terraces a lot.  It was about that time I stopped going every week too.

Agree with most of the points to be fair.  Get rid of the music when a goal is scored......there is something about the 10 second mad cheer....and I like to hear it.

Late changes to fixtures for TV would annoy me if I had booked a hotel and trains etc, refunds from clubs for pre booked train tickets would be nice on production of said useless ticket to opponents town/city etc.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 09:51:48 PM »

Leicester still charge per letter.

Well, I think you've just lost all the neutrals wanting Leicester to win the title.

Safe standing. Most away fans just stand all game anyway, and the home fans surrounding them follow suit. Just get a designated area.
Cheap(er) beer, but also the catering can vary from edible to turgid. Why can't KFC have little stands in the grounds and on the concourses?
Why can't the TV schedule be organised and published in line when train fares go on sale? So they have until 12 weeks before a game to fuck about with the schedule, and then if they alter a fixture from there on in then some form of compensation for those who booked up and have since been left out of pocket due to a TV change. Even just rail vouchers to put towards the next booking or something. There should definitely be something in place meaning fixtures can't be touched less than a month before kick off.

Best Bitter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: