blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:58:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Four slice toaster- a question.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Four slice toaster- a question.  (Read 5677 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 06:39:07 PM »

I used to have this problem, now I have four slices of toast though instead of three seems a waste of electricity not to add another slice in!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 06:54:32 PM »

Booder stayed over at my place a while ago and used my four slice toaster to make two slices of toast.

He put one slice in each side and pressed both buttons down at the same time.

I'm not saying it bothered me but it was about 8 years ago and I haven't asked him back since......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 06:54:54 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

The toaster in question.

Cymru am byth
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 06:58:42 PM »

#firstworldproblemsolution

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 07:01:47 PM »

The toaster in question.

That's the same as the one I've got. I use the right hand side so maybe when they both pack up we can just swap...

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 07:02:16 PM »

Booder stayed over at my place a while ago and used my four slice toaster to make two slices of toast.

He put one slice in each side and pressed both buttons down at the same time.

I'm not saying it bothered me but it was about 8 years ago and I haven't asked him back since......

Cheesy

Don't have those new fangled toaster things here , pop the bread under the grill ,jobs a good un.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2016, 07:05:14 PM »

to broaden it out

hotels

you book breakfast

and they present to you a machine where you lay the bread flat and it goes conveyor belt stylee and then comes out of the bottom

just wrong, hotel marked down on trip advisor as a result, every time

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2016, 07:06:23 PM »

Maybe I should get one of these new-fangled four-slice toasters. When I have beans on toast, I always have three slices of toast, as that is what seems to fit naturally with a tin of beans. After I have toasted two slices, I am confronted with the dilemma of whether to toast another immediately or to get on and start eating and toast another one when I am getting near the end of the first two, with the obvious downsides of both options. A four-slice toster would resolve all these problems. However, I estimate that my existing toaster has 17 years life remaining. I need to consider this further.

Toast a single first and eat while the other two are toasting. Problem solved.

Or buy a second, two-slice toaster.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 07:12:35 PM »

Maybe I should get one of these new-fangled four-slice toasters. When I have beans on toast, I always have three slices of toast, as that is what seems to fit naturally with a tin of beans. After I have toasted two slices, I am confronted with the dilemma of whether to toast another immediately or to get on and start eating and toast another one when I am getting near the end of the first two, with the obvious downsides of both options. A four-slice toster would resolve all these problems. However, I estimate that my existing toaster has 17 years life remaining. I need to consider this further.

I actually have another one that I bought accidentally a few years ago, still in its box pending the day Toaster 1 breaks down. You're right - I should bring it into use ahead of its planned start date. We'll probably all be using plutonium toasters or some such by then anyway.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2016, 07:21:41 PM »

I actually have another one that I bought accidentally a few years ago, still in its box pending the day Toaster 1 breaks down. You're right - I should bring it into use ahead of its planned start date. We'll probably all be using plutonium toasters or some such by then anyway.

I don't like toasted plutonium, I'd rather have...

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2016, 07:35:07 PM »

to broaden it out

hotels

you book breakfast

and they present to you a machine where you lay the bread flat and it goes conveyor belt stylee and then comes out of the bottom

That brings back memories, of rushing through the galley when I was in basic training @ Raleigh Cheesy

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2016, 10:28:02 AM »

It makes breakfast a lot quicker having the 4 slice toaster, especially with the kids all wanting some. Few small issues though:

1) The modern day loaf seems to not fit in properly, I end up having to turn it around so that it gets cooked both ends. If I put it sideways it ends up getting squashed.

2) For some reason my new toaster makes the toast too "crisp", very similar to hotel toast. Much prefer softer toast.

3) Said new toaster seems to take a lot longer to toast the bread.

The upside to all of this means I now eat less toast so can't be too bad. Always use the LH side as well if making only two slices.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2016, 11:01:03 AM »

to broaden it out

hotels

you book breakfast

These should be banned.
On holiday the rest of the family goes rushing of to get their breakfast and muggins here has to stand and toast fourteen rounds of bread for everyone.
Each slice travels through at the speed of a glacier and then drops out just warmed and still pale, so you have to put it through again much to the horror of the other guests.
This is when toaster etiquette comes in.
Some people keep there distance until you have finished completely, but it's generally accepted that you can put your bread on as soon as there is a gap, providing you pay attention to which ones are yours and do not commit the cardinal sin of picking someone else's up by mistake. 'Scuse fingers' don't cut it when some randomer has there mawlers on your sliced white.
Of course the second trip through has rendered it charcoal anyway unless you are willing to risk life and limb by dragging it out midway with the bread knife.
Why can't hotels just have normal toasters?

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2016, 11:06:05 AM »

to broaden it out

hotels

you book breakfast

These should be banned.
On holiday the rest of the family goes rushing of to get their breakfast and muggins here has to stand and toast fourteen rounds of bread for everyone.
Each slice travels through at the speed of a glacier and then drops out just warmed and still pale, so you have to put it through again much to the horror of the other guests.
Some people keep there distance until you have finished completely, but it's generally accepted that you can put your bread on as soon as there is a gap, providing you pay attention to which ones are yours and do not commit the cardinal sin of picking someone else's up by mistake. 'Scuse fingers' don't cut it when some randomer has there mawlers on your sliced white.
Of course the second trip through has rendered it charcoal anyway unless you are willing to risk life and limb by dragging it out midway with the bread knife.

Of course, for grown-ups & members of the male gender, that little dial on the side speeds up or slows down the speed of the conveyory thingery & therefore the brownery rate of the toast. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2016, 06:11:31 PM »

to broaden it out

hotels

you book breakfast

These should be banned.

Of course, for grown-ups & members of the male gender, that little dial on the side speeds up or slows down the speed of the conveyory thingery & therefore the brownery rate of the toast. 

I am aware of this, but sometimes it's not easily accessible or has been removed by staff who don't appreciate people twiddling knobs in the breakfast hall without permission from the appropriate authorities.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: