blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:33:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 195597 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: November 09, 2017, 09:14:19 PM »

Zeke suspended again

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 10, 2017, 07:36:29 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Great to hear the Mailman is back.

For those who don't listen, the Around the NFL podcast is the NFL's main podcast. It's a good balance of analysis, content and irreverence.

The third man along, Chris Wesseling, recently had the all clear from oesophegal cancer.

Show is broadcast 3 times a week.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #992 on: November 10, 2017, 10:17:30 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Great to hear the Mailman is back.

For those who don't listen, the Around the NFL podcast is the NFL's main podcast. It's a good balance of analysis, content and irreverence.

The third man along, Chris Wesseling, recently had the all clear from oesophegal cancer.

Show is broadcast 3 times a week.

Great news isn't it, he's still got Chemo until January I believe but he's said he hopes to be on every week from now on. Probably my favourite podcast as well and one of the few I listen to at normal speed instead of 1.5!

Side note. If you're lucky enough to be able to bet at PP still they have been far bigger with anytime prices than anywhere else recently (I assume it's something to do with joining with bet fair) for example last night they had Gresham at 9/1 the best elsewhere was 9/2. So worth keeping an eye on them over the weekend and seeing if they keep it up. I'm hoping for over evens on Gronk anytime! That'll be the true test!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 11, 2017, 09:07:58 AM »

An all injured reserve team. Would probably win it all!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 18, 2017, 11:10:05 AM »

Tighty, what do you make of the Jerry Jones situation with Roger Goodell?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 18, 2017, 11:31:12 AM »

not really a fan of JJ. A fantastic owner in some ways....negotiated own deals, most popular (and unpopular) franchise, terrifically profitable and valuable business and really helped transform the NFL off the field but not really an NFL GM and that has been reflected on rosters for many a year.

My main ire is reserved for Mara of the Giants though,what a piece of work he appears to be (could say the same about McNair at the texans, Blank at the falcons,Kraft at the Patriots..billionaire white owners and all hypocritical over various stuff)

that said Goodell is in danger of killing the golden goose. the disciplinary process is manifestly unfair. On Zeke he may well have a case to answer (only two people know,after all) but the way the sentence was decided was a joke, this after he said to Jnes that he wouldn't be suspended and then changed his mind (to be fair,Jones crowed publically which was daft). Of course the NFLPA gave the commissioner carte blanche in the 2011 CBA.

then there's declining ratings. handling of the national anthem problem, ray rice, josh brown, deflate-gate,sponsor problems,Kaepernick plus the biggie looming CTE/brain injury research etc

far easier to just watch college football for many fans without all the ancillary crap that Goodell has mishandled

so a tough season, a splintered NFL and a feud at a time when the NFL's long term prosperity looks more difficult

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 20, 2017, 10:49:09 AM »

According to ESPN's win probability model, the Saints had a 0.2% chance of winning at their lowest point (1st and 10 at their own 45 with 4:42 in the 4th quarter). This was the biggest comeback since last season's Super Bowl.

The Saints are the 1st team to win a game after trailing by 15+ points with less than 3 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter since 2011 (Denver vs. Miami, Oct 23)

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 20, 2017, 10:51:06 AM »

Bills Season Recap

McDermott: We're tanking. Pass on Watson & Mahomes.

Bills: We can still win with Tyrod.

McDermott: Get rid of his weapons like Woods/Watkins.

Bills: Defense still alright

McDermott: Ditch Dareus/Darby.

Bills: We still good.

McDermott: PUT. IN. PETERMAN.

Bills:

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 20, 2017, 07:30:26 PM »

Easy to forget we were 5-2.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 21, 2017, 09:14:52 AM »

Raiders defense to enter Thanksgiving with zero interceptions. First team in NFL history without a pick after first 10 games. (Or nine. Or eight. Or seven.)

My eyes are open wide
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1000 on: November 21, 2017, 04:53:55 PM »

Rams have scored over 301 points

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 25, 2017, 05:21:21 PM »

Anyone play on Draft Kings? I've won some tickets to the massive $4m guaranteed tournament ($1m for first) tomorrow, so I will be doing some research. You need guys playing well but also low owned to differentiate yourself from 60,000 teams. It is really important to get a unique team, so I'm going to be trying to find sneaky value plays and fading Tom Brady! Who does anyone like to have a good game in a non obvious spot? Will be doing a bunch of research myself, so will post my thoughts tomorrow...

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 25, 2017, 05:47:55 PM »

Anyone play on Draft Kings? I've won some tickets to the massive $4m guaranteed tournament ($1m for first) tomorrow, so I will be doing some research. You need guys playing well but also low owned to differentiate yourself from 60,000 teams. It is really important to get a unique team, so I'm going to be trying to find sneaky value plays and fading Tom Brady! Who does anyone like to have a good game in a non obvious spot? Will be doing a bunch of research myself, so will post my thoughts tomorrow...

Kareem Hunt for your RB1 - Bills have been poor against the run without Dareus. Plus we should lose the game, so they'll be managing the clock.

Delanie Walker for TE - Colts can defend exactly one receiver per game. That will probably be Matthews. Easily see Davis being a bit indifferent and Mariota using Walker further down the field. Everyone gets yards through the air against Indy.

Hooper an alternative, given he's always on the field and the Falcons are projected to score a lot of points.

Dede Westbrook as a WR flyer against a fairly soft Arizona secondary, after Patrick Peterson. Looked ok last week.

Figuring stacking is the way forward? Never done DFS.

Good luck.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 25, 2017, 06:31:46 PM »

I figure you stack both sides of one match and hope for a high scorer. Try to find a couple of other players who perform well at low ownership. You can afford one or two chalky highly owned players but no more. And take a defence vs a favoured team and hope they shut them down. NFL is massive on but I only really play football (soccer)

Thanks for your thoughts, will take a look at the prices later.

Was considering taking Hunt and McCoy and hoping it stays close
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1004 on: November 25, 2017, 06:45:33 PM »

I think Colts v Indy will be sneaky high scoring.

Brissett/Dalton (scored 4 vs the Browns last time they played) or Wilson (he's a magician)
TY (has big games at home in good match ups, all fits)
Walker/Kroft (scored 2 vs Browns in that game) or Jared Cook (broncos don't do TE)
agree with Dede as a flyer. He won't get P2 and the other person usually scores.
Jags D or Steelers but with it being the late game I don't think they will offer them.

I've got a league setup on DK if you fancy joining a weekly one - Hey! I’m playing in TouchdownTips invitational on DraftKings! Come join the league!
https://dkn.gs/r/XGgfEnV240WIoAaddm6A2g

Also got a friends and family sign up code if anyone wants to join ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:47:26 PM by Cavey007 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: