blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:02:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 198331 times)
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: December 30, 2017, 11:31:05 AM »

League MVP

1. Who should win?
2. Who will win?

- Brady
- Gurley
- Donald
- Wentz
- Brown
- Bell
- Gronk
- Wilson
- Campbell
- Brees

Someone else?

Brady - Probably between Brady and Gurley IMO.
Wentz - I can't see it happening because of the injury counting against him, but it wouldn't be a total shock either.
Wilson - With the demise of the Legion of Boom, lack of running game and terrible O-Line, I can see the case for Wilson being MVP, because they're probably a 3-13 team this year without him. However, he needs to make the playoffs, and even then it's hard to overlook performances such as the game against Jacksonville.
Brees - Could be argued that he's not even been the MVP of the Saints this year when they've got two backs who will almost certainly reach 3,000 yards from scrimmage between them. He's had a good season, but not an MVP season.
Gurley - Definitely in the conversation, not only for his statistical contribution but for how that also assists the development of Jared Goff. We could potentially look back in fifteen years at Jared Goff's career and wonder where he would've gone if it wasn't for Todd Gurley this season. Last season, Goff looked like a guy who could be out of the league within three years.
Bell - Don't think he's the best player on the team this year. Also don't think he's been better than Gurley.
Gronk - Availability will always be an issue for him, and I think his 1 game suspension will count against him much more than any injury.
Brown - Belongs in the conversation for certain. Like Wentz, injury might cost him.
Donald - DPOTY perhaps. Won't get the love he deserves because he's a defensive tackle for MVP. Maybe in the outside shot group.
Campbell - There's more chance of Jason Campbell winning it. He's had a good season, but so have AJ Bouye and Jalen Ramsay, so how much of their respective performances are down to which player? He's also played against Deshaun Watson Tom Savage, Andrew Luck Jacoby Brissett and Marcus Mariota who hasn't looked the same since his injury last year. 9 out of 14.5 sacks this season were against Houston and Indy in blowouts against poor QBs. No sacks of Rivers in Week 10, Wilson in Week 14 or Garoppolo in Week 16, despite the Jags' secondary. I don't think you can run up big sack numbers against poor teams and poor QBs and be in the MVP discussion because of it. Pro Bowl, yes. MVP, no. I don't think he's even been the best DE this year - IMO that man is Everson Griffen.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 11:35:17 AM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 01, 2018, 01:04:23 AM »

Check out those Bills Tal.

oioi

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 01, 2018, 01:10:18 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

19 years out of the playoffs end.

Superb.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 01, 2018, 09:50:53 AM »

19 years out of the playoffs end.

Superb.

Congratulations Tal some great Bills fan/player reaction videos doing the rounds online.I went to the ravens/Bengals home blowout and didn’t think we had a chance yesterday.Kevin Cadle will be smiling up there...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 01, 2018, 10:21:10 AM »

Seen on Twitter overnight;

Think about this. The phrase "The Bills are in the playoffs" has never been tweeted, posted on Facebook, or uttered by an Uber driver. It has never been told over satellite radio. It has never been streamed. It has never been blogged or vlogged. It has been faxed, though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 01, 2018, 12:58:16 PM »

Lions fire Jim Caldwell.

Got to be one of the more eyebrow-raising decisions on Black Monday.

The Lions have a good defense, three good wide receivers and a franchise QB, who has made a difficult transition from throwing to Megatron all the time to having to read fields and lead his team.

They're a running back and a couple of additions short of a very good team. Conveniently, this year's draft is rich in good running backs.

Odd decision.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 02, 2018, 10:22:23 PM »

Marvin Lewis gets two year extension from the bengals.Think I’m going to cry..
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 02, 2018, 10:58:04 PM »

Carson Palmer retires

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 03, 2018, 06:34:18 AM »

Carson Palmer retires

Complete rebuild ahead there. Larry Fitzgerald next?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 03, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »

Carson Palmer retires

Been posted before, I'm sure, but I remembered this article today:

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/17/nfl-carson-palmer-arizona-cardinals-inside-game-plan

Hard to equate these quarterbacks to premiership footballers. The sheer scale of learning for complete familiarity with a guy shouting "Turtle Right 3 A Hold West 7" and knowing what to do against zone, man or blitz.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 03, 2018, 05:39:04 PM »

Carson Palmer retires

Been posted before, I'm sure, but I remembered this article today:

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/17/nfl-carson-palmer-arizona-cardinals-inside-game-plan

Hard to equate these quarterbacks to premiership footballers. The sheer scale of learning for complete familiarity with a guy shouting "Turtle Right 3 A Hold West 7" and knowing what to do against zone, man or blitz.

Umm, what exactly are you suggesting, Tal Bloke?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:09:14 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 03, 2018, 06:04:26 PM »

One name does spring to mind.

In fairness, I'm sure he's made the point himself a number of times that footballers don't want to listen to stats and learn complex drills. They just want to play.

It's a different culture too.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 05, 2018, 06:53:31 AM »

The beginning of the end for the Patriots?

http://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

Feels optimistic.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 06, 2018, 11:42:17 PM »

I'm assuming this doesn't happen very often, no? Never mind when you're 21-3 down in the wild card game.

TD   M.Mariota 6 yd. pass from M.Mariota (R.Succop kick is good) Drive: 15 plays, 91 yards in 8:29

The fantasy NFL part of me is laughing...that's 10.84 points in one play.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 07, 2018, 12:11:24 AM »

I'm assuming this doesn't happen very often, no? Never mind when you're 21-3 down in the wild card game.

TD   M.Mariota 6 yd. pass from M.Mariota (R.Succop kick is good) Drive: 15 plays, 91 yards in 8:29

The fantasy NFL part of me is laughing...that's 10.84 points in one play.

I'm confused though, he was way in front of the line of scrimmage when he threw it.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: