blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:31:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  They are dropping like flies at the moment
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: They are dropping like flies at the moment  (Read 207502 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #630 on: February 15, 2020, 06:15:43 PM »

Caroline flack
Jesus

That second one is old news
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 15, 2020, 06:17:23 PM »

Caroline flack
Jesus

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: February 15, 2020, 06:23:53 PM »

The older I get, the better I was.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #633 on: February 15, 2020, 07:30:09 PM »

Caroline flack
Jesus

Turns out it was fake news, alive after all.

Cymru am byth
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 15, 2020, 08:07:45 PM »

Joseph Shabalala, the founder of Ladysmith Black Mambazo died on Tuesday at a hospital in Pretoria, South Africa. He was 78 years old.

From the NME:  The group’s “Amabutho’ album became Africa’s first gold-selling album and in 1986, the choir joined Paul Simon on ‘Graceland’ and a subsequent world tour.

Simon later produced three of Ladysmith Black Mambazo’s albums – including their Grammy Award winning 1987 album, ‘Shaka Zulu’.

Shabalala also co-wrote ‘Homeless’ and ‘Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes’ with Simon, here is a link to DOTSOHS:

https://youtu.be/aAhHGYrzj2M

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 16, 2020, 06:17:31 AM »

Caroline flack

Tabloids still getting their targets on a regular basis. Shameful scenes.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 18, 2020, 12:06:55 AM »

Andrew Weatherall passed away today.

As a DJ he was unique, could play the darkest techno rooms or places like the heavenly social that were eclectic nights.he was there at the beginning of the acid house scene and respected right up till his death

But as a producer he was unrivalled. Took primal screen and my bloody valentine to new heights, and produced a ridiculous number of seminal remixes. His work as under the two lone swordsman moniker was incredible.

I dont think there's been a producer of his calibre operating both in mainstream and counter cultures and being equally respected by both.

Been moved by his music for over 20 years and had the pleasure of being on one of his dancefloors.

Rip
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 11:41:23 AM by tikay » Logged
Supernova

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 19, 2020, 07:48:36 PM »

Heather Couper  the British astronomer, broadcaster and science populariser has died aged 70 in Stoke Mandeville Hospital after a short illness.

From her wiki:

At the age of 16, she wrote to British television astronomer Patrick Moore asking if she would be able to take up a career in astronomy, and received the reply "being a girl is no problem at all"

From 1977 to 1983, Couper was Senior Lecturer at the Caird Planetarium of the Old Royal Observatory at Greenwich & in 1984, she was elected President of the British Astronomical Association, the first female and the second youngest person to hold the position.

Couper was appointed Professor of Astronomy at Gresham College in 1993 – the first female professor in the 400-year history of the college – and held the position until 1996

From 1978, Couper wrote over 40 popular-level books on astronomy and space, many in collaboration with Henbest. According to one reviewer, Couper and Henbest are 'great storytellers with an eye for a colourful character'.[8]

Her articles appeared in leading astronomy and science magazines, including BBC Sky at Night, BBC Focus and New Scientist. She was a columnist for The Independent online newspaper.

Couper's international lecture tours and public speaking engagements ranged from the US to China; Colombia to New Zealand. She was chief guest celebrity speaker on the maiden voyage of the P&O cruise ship Arcadia, and gave presentations on Cunard's Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria. In 1986, Couper was aboard Concorde on its first flight from London to Auckland, New Zealand, as the astronomer responsible for showing passengers Halley's Comet while flying at 18,000 metres over the Indian Ocean.[11]

Couper appeared at many festivals, including the Brighton Festival, the Cheltenham Science Festival and the Sunday Times Oxford Literary Festival. Her corporate work included keynote presentations to British Gas, AXA SunLife and IBM.

RIP Heather.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #638 on: February 20, 2020, 11:33:39 AM »

Remarkable woman , R.I.P

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 25, 2020, 01:15:10 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51619848

Another remarkable woman.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 01:19:30 PM by bookiebasher » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 25, 2020, 01:29:21 PM »

Jeez, that's extraordinary.

RIP.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Supernova

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 25, 2020, 08:39:38 PM »

Indeed. RIP Katherine

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 08, 2020, 11:03:42 AM »

Tremendous Knowledge Dave, Egghead, just 49 Sad

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 08, 2020, 12:01:50 PM »

Tremendous Knowledge Dave, Egghead, just 49 Sad

Real shame, I remember when he joined the team as an Egghead. Very relaxed attitude with no ego.

RIP
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 09, 2020, 12:29:03 PM »

Max Von Sydow - aged 90.

Too many movies to list, but some memorable ones from my childhood.  Emperor Ming in Flash Gordon, and the Nazi officer in Escape To Victory spring to mind.

Acting-wise, they were his more trivial roles, but his performances were always memorable whenever he appeared.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: