blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:21:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers  (Read 65149 times)
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 06:09:58 PM »

I have dislocated my knee before (when I was 16) it all depends what damage is done.

I tore my patella tendon, ACL and MCL.

The knee is never as stable as it was before the injury, the risk of it dislocating again is definitely higher than it was before the injury.

Obviously the treatment a professional athlete gets will be better than that which I got off the NHS, but it is a major injury.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 06:19:54 PM »

I have dislocated my knee before (when I was 16) it all depends what damage is done.

The knee is never as stable as it was before the injury, the risk of it dislocating again is definitely higher than it was before the injury.

Obviously the treatment a professional athlete gets will be better than that which I got off the NHS, but it is a major injury.

Gundogan is only 25 but seems to have had a catalogue of injuries, including some serious ones. Hope we don't have an Owen Hargreaves on our hands. Looks quite the player when he's fit.

A dislocated kneecap just sounds gross and stupidly painful.

Best Bitter.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 06:39:27 PM »

Gundogan is only 25 but seems to have had a catalogue of injuries, including some serious ones. Hope we don't have an Owen Hargreaves on our hands. Looks quite the player when he's fit.

Yeah my kneecap ended up going from the front of my leg to the right hand side

Relocation was the most painful thing I have ever experienced, and I'm very injury prone!!!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 06:40:26 PM »

Wasn't a dislocated kneecap the injury which effectively ended Jack Collison's career?

Nope, it was moving to Peterborough.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 06:48:50 PM »

Yeah my kneecap ended up going from the front of my leg to the right hand side

Relocation was the most painful thing I have ever experienced, and I'm very injury prone!!!

I thought my seasoncard relocation at City was painful (and believe me it was Wink ) but your relocation sounds worse! The kneecap is supposed to be forward facing always, just eurgh.

Best Bitter.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 06:50:16 PM »

Wasn't a dislocated kneecap the injury which effectively ended Jack Collison's career?

Nope, it was moving to Peterborough.

Haha 

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 10:34:37 PM »

Reports that Kante has turned down a new contract at Leicester
Not sure there is a team who would not want him,bar maybe Barce as they have Busquets
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 10:38:54 PM »

Not true. He is under contract for another two seasons and there haven't been any fresh negotiations yet. He is currently in France.There is a release clause though and such is the scarcity of players at his position that it is going to be difficult to keep him especially if he performs at the euros too. PSG is the obvious destination.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 10:41:55 PM »

Just the repeating reports coming from France

Obviously silly season even worse now with Twitter etc

Dani Alves leaving Barce for Juve , Bellerin back to Spain seems likely
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 10:47:42 PM »

His current contract has 3 years to run
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2016, 08:26:31 PM »

Mark Duffy a great signing for t'Blades. Expect this to be their season now Mrs Wishywashy has left the building.

How did Burton not get him? Crazy.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2016, 10:32:57 AM »

Heard a very persuasive argument  on an analytics podcast basically saying that big clubs don't/won't need Kante. His 'off the chart' stats are tackles and recoveries/interceptions. Really useful for a team who have 40% possession & counter attack. Not as useful a skill set for the really big clubs who dominate possession and need to break down teams who stick 9/10 men behind the ball.

that makes a lot of sense that line of logic.  Never really thought about certain players suiting certain teams style of play/stats make up.

Bellamy said he struggled at liverpool after going from a team that wasn't much out of their own half to always being in the opponents half/box

Can happen a lot, twice I've seen Celtic sign players who score lots of goals in Scandy leagues who struggled badly because they were 'breakaway' strikers, great at running onto a ball over a defence. Difficult to do when the defence hardly come out of their box against you though. One, Harald Brattbak went back to Rosenburg, resumed rattling in goals & battered a couple in against us in Europe Cheesy

Bellamy had played (and shone) at Celtic, where he was pretty much camped out in the oppositions box, so it's a strange thing for him to say at Liverpool.

Re Rumours, Ibrahimovic has gone from 80/1 to 5/2 to be joining Celtic. Heart says he wants a year or 2 of what Larsson got, head says Paddy Power are great at generating publicity.....

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2016, 10:08:30 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36450106

Vardy to Arsenal?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2016, 11:34:10 PM »

"The Gunners' bid for the 29-year-old England international is reported to be in the region of £20m and has triggered the release clause in his contract. "

£20,000,001 then
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2016, 11:51:29 PM »

Heard a very persuasive argument  on an analytics podcast basically saying that big clubs don't/won't need Kante. His 'off the chart' stats are tackles and recoveries/interceptions. Really useful for a team who have 40% possession & counter attack. Not as useful a skill set for the really big clubs who dominate possession and need to break down teams who stick 9/10 men behind the ball.

that makes a lot of sense that line of logic.  Never really thought about certain players suiting certain teams style of play/stats make up.

Bellamy said he struggled at liverpool after going from a team that wasn't much out of their own half to always being in the opponents half/box

Can happen a lot, twice I've seen Celtic sign players who score lots of goals in Scandy leagues who struggled badly because they were 'breakaway' strikers, great at running onto a ball over a defence. Difficult to do when the defence hardly come out of their box against you though. One, Harald Brattbak went back to Rosenburg, resumed rattling in goals & battered a couple in against us in Europe Cheesy

Bellamy had played (and shone) at Celtic, where he was pretty much camped out in the oppositions box, so it's a strange thing for him to say at Liverpool.

Re Rumours, Ibrahimovic has gone from 80/1 to 5/2 to be joining Celtic. Heart says he wants a year or 2 of what Larsson got, head says Paddy Power are great at generating publicity.....

He would want close to your entire wage budget wouldn't he on his own?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: