blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:04:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers  (Read 65144 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2016, 12:03:53 AM »

Zlatan done and dusted. Looking forward to seeing him in the PL.

I have no idea how he'll be shoehorned in their starting XI.

Best Bitter.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2016, 06:31:52 AM »

Nathan Redmond has interest from a few clubs with us, Stoke, leading the way supposedly. I think this would be a decent signing; young, english, good potential etc. Also with Affelay injured long term, Arnautovic perhaps on the way out this would be a good replacement.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-set-sign-norwich-8108448

As previously mentioned Marko Arnautovic will be on his way out after many months of stalling signing a new contract. He's come out saying he wants champions league football. Fair enough. At least if he has a good run during the euro's his fee will be jacked up.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/06/03/24252492/arnautovic-wants-champions-league-football

Feed em rice.
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2016, 08:47:40 AM »

Agree think Redmond is a good fit for Stoke ,needs to find a bit of consistency but definitely talented

re. Arnautovic, these players love this excuse of 'wanting Champions league football' to get a move to a bigger club
Mo Diame said it at West Ham before clinching his move to Hull 😂😂

Shame a few of them don't say " I would like to earn Champions league football'

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2016, 11:27:02 PM »

Vardy medical tomorrow.

Very interesting buy for arsenal. Probably worth the gamble for that price, even if he's closer to Jeffers than Henry.

If you were Theo Walcott, would you try to angle a move the other way?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:42:42 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2016, 01:21:29 PM »

Vardy medical tomorrow.

Very interesting buy for arsenal. Probably worth the gamble for that price, even if he's closer to Jeffers than Henry.

Really not a typical Arsenal signing, and I struggle to see how Vardy would fit in? Tippy tappy in the final 3rd with him as the focal point?

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2016, 01:29:45 PM »

Vardy medical tomorrow.

Really not a typical Arsenal signing, and I struggle to see how Vardy would fit in? Tippy tappy in the final 3rd with him as the focal point?

Thierry Henry was a similarly pacy striker and he didn't do too badly.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2016, 01:30:17 PM »

Vardy medical tomorrow.

i think it works in one important respect, it stretches the field

teams have to defend deeper against Vardy if he is playing on the last defender, so it gives the Arsenal midfield a lot of room within which to create stuff

it also is likely to be effective in away european games enabling them to play on the counter

in principle it gives them what walcott gives them, only fitter, a better finisher and nastier. and i think the team needs a bit of nasty

i do agree that he won't be used to waiting for the ball in patient build ups though

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2016, 01:36:31 PM »

Vardy medical tomorrow.

Are you really comparing Vardy to Henry? lol Smiley Henry had much more to his game.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »

Vardy medical tomorrow.

i think it works in one important respect, it stretches the field

teams have to defend deeper against Vardy if he is playing on the last defender, so it gives the Arsenal midfield a lot of room within which to create stuff

it also is likely to be effective in away european games enabling them to play on the counter

in principle it gives them what walcott gives them, only fitter, a better finisher and nastier. and i think the team needs a bit of nasty

i do agree that he won't be used to waiting for the ball in patient build ups though

It's the fee and his age as well, can't remember the last time Wenger shelled out a significant sum on someone who is gonna have no re-sale value. (I'm not including Cech for obvious reasons)

Will Vardy start? I can see how he'd be useful against certain opposition, but his game is geared towards fast direct football. Will his talents be somewhat wasted in a possession based team?

In before Vardy nets 30 next season Smiley

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2016, 01:45:32 PM »

Think it is important to remember £20m in the summer of 2016 with the huge new TV deal isn't the same as £20m in 2014 and 2015.   It probably equates to £12-15m tbh. 
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2016, 01:50:00 PM »

Vardy medical tomorrow.

Are you really comparing Vardy to Henry? lol Smiley Henry had much more to his game.

Just saying that Henry's pace made teams defend differently, and mindful of over-committing to a pressing game. Vardy's attributes could work similarly and he's also a pretty clinical finisher which is something we've been lacking.

I see Vardy as a big improvement on Walcott who's days are surely numbered at Arsenal now, although I wouldn't be that surprised if he continues to pick up his £140K per week in the reserves as he's stated that he's not keen on moving.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2016, 01:53:37 PM »

Vardy medical tomorrow.

Just saying that Henry's pace made teams defend differently, and mindful of over-committing to a pressing game. Vardy's attributes could work similarly and he's also a pretty clinical finisher which is something we've been lacking.

I see Vardy as a big improvement on Walcott who's days are surely numbered at Arsenal now, although I wouldn't be that surprised if he continues to pick up his £140K per week in the reserves as he's stated that he's not keen on moving.

He is certainly going to be hard to shift wages wise.  How many more years is he under contract for Ralph?  His England career is probably over as well now you would have to imagine he won't get another England cap.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2016, 02:02:22 PM »

Vardy medical tomorrow.

He is certainly going to be hard to shift wages wise.  How many more years is he under contract for Ralph?  His England career is probably over as well now you would have to imagine he won't get another England cap.

I think he has three years left, oddly enough he shares the same agent with Vardy.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2016, 02:05:27 PM »

Vardy medical tomorrow.

I think he has three years left, oddly enough he shares the same agent with Vardy.

Probably says it all then then Walcott going is a done deal and the agent gets two lumpy fees this summer for replacing one client directly with another.  Smart work if you can get it.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2016, 02:05:49 PM »

Think it is important to remember £20m in the summer of 2016 with the huge new TV deal isn't the same as £20m in 2014 and 2015.   It probably equates to £12-15m tbh. 

It's £30m, isn't it? Thought that's what arsenal have offered?

If they'd spent 20m on him on a 3 year deal, I'd genuinely say it's worth the gamble.

50% more than that for 140k a week on a four year deal seems over the odds for a manager who buys on analytics, given the steepness of the cliff for pacy players.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: