blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:12:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers  (Read 64855 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 01:47:13 PM »

yes thinking about it the extra required in a competitive bidding process will go to player/agent not club.

i expect £20m and a £1 might work, as it might have done for so meone else before at £40m+£1

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 02:59:37 PM »

Lol, he's going to end up on £400k a week is that's the case.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 03:03:11 AM »

Heard a very persuasive argument  on an analytics podcast basically saying that big clubs don't/won't need Kante. His 'off the chart' stats are tackles and recoveries/interceptions. Really useful for a team who have 40% possession & counter attack. Not as useful a skill set for the really big clubs who dominate possession and need to break down teams who stick 9/10 men behind the ball.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2016, 11:20:14 AM »

Would it not make business sense to sell both Mahrez and Kante this summer? Their stock is at its absolute peak right now, it won't get higher than this. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but I bet Swansea regret not taking £30m for Michu a couple seasons back.

Both players have had an incredible season, but its exactly that, a season. There is no guarantee that they'll reproduce the levels we have seen this year. Fast forward to summer 2017, Leicester have had a decent season and finish 9th for example, and those 2 were again important but less influential squad players and don't trouble any team of the year XI's.....how does that effect their value?

Obv the reasons to keep them is not needing the money, and if the club believe another title tilt is on the cards then it would be crazy to move them on. But £50m+ for a couple of players you paid peanuts for?

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 11:27:51 AM »

naively or not, the club thinks it can press on with suitable reinforcements (which it will need playing twice a week through to xmas). top six next year, out of a CL group etc

both mahrez and kante are 25, michu was 28 when swansea were offered big money. unless something very strange happens in a year's time mahrez and kante will be worth at least as much then as they are now.

i think kante might leave though, but it won't be of the club's choosing

Ranieri is trying to get every key player to give it one season then re-assess.

whether the "band of brothers" type stuff counts for anything when a club offers more than double what a player is on even after we ramp their wages up, we will have to see

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 11:39:29 AM »

yes thinking about it the extra required in a competitive bidding process will go to player/agent not club.

i expect £20m and a £1 might work, as it might have done for so meone else before at £40m+£1

All depends on what the contract says.  The clauses seem a bit woolly in England whereas in Spain they are standardised buy out clauses.  (ie player has buy out clause of £20 million he can pay that to cancel his contract but of course that is always paid by the acquiring club and effectively becomes a release transfer fee)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 01:53:44 PM »

Heard a very persuasive argument  on an analytics podcast basically saying that big clubs don't/won't need Kante. His 'off the chart' stats are tackles and recoveries/interceptions. Really useful for a team who have 40% possession & counter attack. Not as useful a skill set for the really big clubs who dominate possession and need to break down teams who stick 9/10 men behind the ball.

that makes a lot of sense that line of logic.  Never really thought about certain players suiting certain teams style of play/stats make up.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2016, 01:57:23 PM »

that makes a lot of sense that line of logic.  Never really thought about certain players suiting certain teams style of play/stats make up.

Bellamy said he struggled at liverpool after going from a team that wasn't much out of their own half to always being in the opponents half/box
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 05:40:01 PM »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11899/10271409/ilkay-gundogan-to-miss-euro-2016-after-dislocating-kneecap

Bit of a blow as a deal is almost done and dusted. How long does a dislocated kneecap keep you out for?

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 11:45:14 AM »

Quique officially leaving Watford at end of season now.  No great surprise given the disastrous recent performances and the fact he seems to have lost the fanbase.  Imagine it will look odd based on the raw season stats though!
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 01:23:16 PM »

Viktor Fischer from Ajax apparently on the verge of signing for Boro for €5m.

Heard that he is quite a talent, but suffered with some pretty major injuries over the last year or so.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 11:16:23 AM »

Seems Jack Payne (Southend version) is off in the summer to one of a few Championship clubs. Whoever gets him will improve.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »

Gokhan Tore Turkish international winger close to signing for West Ham from Besiktas for £12million
Bilic managed him before
Very good technically and a grafter should be a decent signing
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 05:40:52 PM »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11899/10271409/ilkay-gundogan-to-miss-euro-2016-after-dislocating-kneecap

Bit of a blow as a deal is almost done and dusted. How long does a dislocated kneecap keep you out for?

Looks like fucking your kneecap up equals getting a few million shaved off the price, close to done deal for under £18m with a few extras lobbed on.

Best Bitter.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2016, 05:43:35 PM »

Wasn't a dislocated kneecap the injury which effectively ended Jack Collison's career?

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: