blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers  (Read 65012 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 26, 2016, 08:04:15 PM »

I take the point but part of it is marketability of the player, image rights etc, shirt sales .Also bear in mind that the true value of a kante is not reflected in his price as there was an escape clause. Open market auction he goes for more

About a Joe Allen more?

As I understand it Pogba's agent will be getting at least a Joe Allen for his trouble too. That can't be right, can't be to football's benefit. Even Tikay won't be able to defend it.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 26, 2016, 08:17:11 PM »

I take the point but part of it is marketability of the player, image rights etc, shirt sales .Also bear in mind that the true value of a kante is not reflected in his price as there was an escape clause. Open market auction he goes for more

About a Joe Allen more?

As I understand it Pogba's agent will be getting at least a Joe Allen for his trouble too. That can't be right, can't be to football's benefit. Even Tikay won't be able to defend it.

I remember when for a while they used to call £500K "A Curle" after his perceivedly inflated transfer to the blue side of Manchester.

Things appear to have moved on apace when an agent makes £20M out of one deal.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 26, 2016, 08:45:33 PM »

This Higuain transfer is nuts. He's 29 in December! Think this may also be highly detrimental to Arsenal's striker search. Napoli need a goal scorer now and have some proper wedge to throw around.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 26, 2016, 08:48:31 PM »

I was thinking about that agent fee figure today. Imo, capping the amount paid to agents per deal to £500k should be the first move the powers that be make when they get together for their annual conventions. The fee ultimately filters down to the fans who go to games or are forced to pay for Sky/BT Sport. For example, Brighton today released an email stating that a previously free to enter family bar would now be members only and cost £250pp for membership, including for kids. Only added benefit? A 'complimentary' program for each game.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 26, 2016, 11:03:34 PM »

Serious question.  How does my kid go about becoming an agent.  Is it as simple as you need to be mates with a youth mega star and then get referrals after that?
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 26, 2016, 11:06:22 PM »

entourage!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 26, 2016, 11:59:54 PM »

Serious question.  How does my kid go about becoming an agent.  Is it as simple as you need to be mates with a youth mega star and then get referrals after that?

I've watched a few 'secret agents' videos on the web and it looks like you only need a couch.

Best Bitter.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 27, 2016, 12:17:06 AM »

I've watched a few 'secret agents' videos on the web and it looks like you only need a couch.

and a camera

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 27, 2016, 12:38:37 AM »

I've seen a few 'Fake Agent' videos... can confirm they had a desk, too.

T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 27, 2016, 12:56:14 AM »

Some drive a taxi too Wink

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 27, 2016, 01:30:52 AM »

Some drive a taxi too Wink

Grin

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 27, 2016, 02:40:15 AM »

Regards kante, does the clause make a difference? If clubs want to bid despite Chelsea triggering it, then Surely they would get preference?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 27, 2016, 06:50:55 AM »

Regards kante, does the clause make a difference? If clubs want to bid despite Chelsea triggering it, then Surely they would get preference?

I suppose it depends on the specific terms and conditions  of the release clause. No doubt Tighty knows more but IIRC there were restrictive conditions in the contract meaning only certain clubs could trigger it. As for the auction element it would again depend on the terms of the clause. Typically the fee is fixed and if several clubs interested it is the player's choice.

Not Kante specific but this is some backgorund:

http://www.danielgeey.com/buy-out-release-clauses-in-football-the-basics/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 27, 2016, 07:01:38 PM »

Man City and Everton are in talks about a possible £50m deal for John Stones. http://bbc.in/2ahdxQE

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 27, 2016, 09:25:45 PM »

I suppose it depends on the specific terms and conditions  of the release clause. No doubt Tighty knows more but IIRC there were restrictive conditions in the contract meaning only certain clubs could trigger it. As for the auction element it would again depend on the terms of the clause. Typically the fee is fixed and if several clubs interested it is the player's choice.

Not Kante specific but this is some backgorund:

http://www.danielgeey.com/buy-out-release-clauses-in-football-the-basics/

Yeah, when we got Delph his release clause was specific for a Champions League involved buyer. Everton couldn't have got him for 8mil but we could Smiley

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: