blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:26:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170221 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2016, 03:14:01 PM »

Bairstow the key factor for me here. Have little faith in Ballance, however I hope he proves me wrong obviously!
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2016, 03:23:40 PM »

Woakes to hit the winning runs!!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2016, 03:35:26 PM »

Why is the draw come in from 1000/1 to 250/1?  Is rain expected at all?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »

Yasir's 6-72 the best figures by a visiting spinner v England at Lord's since Sid Pegler's 7-65 for SA in 1912.

83 wickets in his first 13 teasts, the most ever

very very good bowler

now under DRS the batsmen have a lot less room for manoeuvre because of umpires call, marginal decisions stay with the umpire and so he's getting lots of LBWs

england middle order very weak against spin, can't use their feet because he spins it both ways

Totally agree, this boy has a full set of clubs in his bag, googlies, flippers, everything.........

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 06:48:55 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2016, 07:36:40 PM »

I know it might sound a little after-timey but I was incredulous that Pakistan were almost 2.4 on betty at the start of the run-chase.

I am now extremely grateful that they got me out of this weeks golf losses  aftertiming

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2016, 10:06:20 AM »

Yasir Shah the first spinner to take 10 in a Lord's Test since Underwood v Pakistan in 1974. First visiting spinner since Ramadhin in 1950.

Anderson and Stokes for Finn and Ball would seem natural changes for Old Trafford, provided selectors deem them fit enough of course

what to do about Mo Ali? Rashid maybe?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2016, 10:18:29 AM »

Yasir Shah the first spinner to take 10 in a Lord's Test since Underwood v Pakistan in 1974. First visiting spinner since Ramadhin in 1950.

Anderson and Stokes for Finn and Ball would seem natural changes for Old Trafford, provided selectors deem them fit enough of course

I think Rashid should be in the squad, if anything just to put a bit of pressure on Moeen. I'm not Moeen's biggest fan, but an off-spinner bowling into the left-armer's footmarks should (!) be a useful weapon.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2016, 11:55:27 AM »

Would love to see them changes, but don't think that the selectors will go for all 3. Expect Maureen to continue until the end of the series unfortunately.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2016, 12:37:28 PM »

I'd swap Moeen for Stokes because pace needs to be the focus. It's playing to England's strengths and Pakistan's glaring weakness.

Can't we just forget spin, Rashid will be as ineffective as Moeen vs Pakistani batsmen and just make the tail longer. Doubt Rashid even plays FC cricket over there, certainly gets nowhere near the Pakistan national side.

Instead let a bit of grass grow on the Old Trafford pitch and watch Anderson make a huge difference in the next test. Pakistan's pace attack looked overrated to me.

If you're hellbent on having a spin option then it has to be Moeen because he is at least capable of sparing blushes with the bat.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2016, 12:51:40 PM »

Moeen is more miss than hit (a lot more) with the bat. Rashid is no mug, and offers far more with the ball, turning it both ways, with far more variation.

He deserves his chance.

Not having a spin option isn't really an option, it needs to be there just to offer some variety, if all you have is pace, it is easier to settle in against it.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2016, 05:41:38 PM »

Going in with 5 seamers would be a bit over-kill for me, especially 5 right arm bowlers in and around 85-90 mph. You need a bit of variety. Rashid looks a far better bowler than moeen on the recent odi's (different form obviously) while moeen will contribute a bit more with the bat, though Rashid is no mug. They won't make the change of spinner, and that's probably fair enough but I'd like to see rashy in the squad to add a bit extra motivation for moeen.
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2016, 05:46:34 PM »

A Tour of India starting in November, too, if you need any more reason to keep two spinners involved.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2016, 11:54:07 PM »

Surely stokes in for ball and anderson for Finn.

This also gives the oppourtuntiy to bring Rashid in for Moeen. As Stokes can slot into number 7 and rashid into number 9.

I was quite impressed with Rashid in the ODI's. Obviously a totally different proposition against Pakistan in the test format.

These 3 changes improves both the bowling and batting, seems like a no brainer to me.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2016, 12:24:25 AM »

I think Moeen is a little under-rated as a bowler and reckon he'll keep his place.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2016, 01:37:14 PM »

Rashid in the squad for the 2nd test so i'd be very surprised now if they didn't pick him.

Maybe room for Moeen as well as OT is rumoured to be a turner? Though i'm sure the curators would be under strict instructions not to allow that to happen.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: