blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:25:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170993 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2016, 02:26:23 PM »

The classic question with ansari is who do you pick instead? No other spinner good enough.  Another batsman would be ballance (not good enough) or buttler (no red ball cricket in a year) I think ansari has done the holding role passably So far.  The days where rashid goes round the park he'll be important.

Duckett will be fine,  he's learning on the job but hopefully Thorpe will be a good help for him.  Hope he doesn't just plonk his front foot on off stump as an over reaction,  as he'll. Then be lbw fodder for the one that goes straight on.

Out of the lot have to go with Batty, though can't just pick 3 spinners if all are poor just because it's India. Wouldn't go near Ballance and he should never have been picked. Buttler should be in team, plays IPL and knows conditions.

This. Would have even rather played a fast bowler over Ansari as England have quite a few of those who are good. England need to learn to play to their strengths and not just pick x player from county circuit because spinner.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2016, 06:04:08 PM »

Issue would be with woakes injured in would be ball or finn,  so it's not much of an upgrade. Next test could be the best chance of a helpful wicket for seamers so hopefully woakes/broad will be able to play.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2016, 10:36:09 AM »

good photo

Stokes catches Kohli again

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2016, 12:21:18 PM »

Gritty stuff from England today

Shame cook out at the end but both nothing could be done really.

Complete agree with nasser as I usually do.

Kholi likes to shout a lot but his field placings are average at best gets away with it due to this attack
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2016, 12:24:24 PM »

a very creditable effort today. ball is keeping low and turning. good technique to only be two down at the close

game was lost with the first innings batting from the top 5 (not Cook), run outs and slogs etc. arguably lost the moment they lost the toss i suppose

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2016, 12:25:23 PM »

Yep won't be many who survive against this pitch when losing the toss.

Nick knight like kholi no surprise there
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2016, 12:31:44 PM »

id drop duckett for buttler next test, bairstow to 4. just dont think duckett is going to get anything out of this tour, and maybe give him a go next summer.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2016, 12:40:45 PM »

i am a fan of ansari and batty but unless they rock up and find mohali cracked crazy paving and dusty (they might) then i think given the way broad bowled here they'll be tempted to go with 4 quicks (anderson, broad and woakes + stokes) and moeen/rashid as suggested in this thread

they also have 4 left handers in the top six, so buttler for duckett could well be an option for that reason

tomorrow is a big inning for duckett's short term future, though whatever happens has a very bright future. not easy to rock up on the sub-continent and begin a test career there.

My eyes are open wide
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2016, 12:44:07 PM »

i am a fan of ansari and batty but unless they rock up and find mohali cracked crazy paving and dusty (they might) then i think given the way broad bowled here they'll be tempted to go with 4 quicks (anderson, broad and woakes + stokes) and moeen/rashid as suggested in this thread

they also have 4 left handers in the top six, so buttler for duckett could well be an option for that reason

tomorrow is a big inning for duckett's short term future, though whatever happens has a very bright future. not easy to rock up on the sub-continent and begin a test career there.

broad is injured, inflamed tendon i think? and will be out for the next test, surprising given how well he bowled today!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2016, 02:07:23 PM »

Yeah one for the future, just need to remind him hat he's still in their thoughts for the summer when they pull him. Nothing wrong with getting exposed to Test level and then given time to go away and work on it.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2016, 10:15:47 AM »

Looks like Buttler for Duckett. Is there anyone who doesn't agree he should have replaced Ansari instead? #frustrating
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2016, 06:06:50 PM »

Looks like Buttler for Duckett. Is there anyone who doesn't agree he should have replaced Ansari instead? #frustrating

me. I think Ansari gets left out, for either Ball or Batty. Broad looks likely to miss out for Woakes. Whatever combo we go with we're going to need 6 bowlers. Anderson Broad and Woakes are have injury doubts, if one of them breaks down then you'd be down to 4 bowlers, risk bowling Stokes into the ground etc.

I do agree it's time for Ansari to be took out of the firing line, but I don't think he's been horrendous ala Ian Salisbury of old, Kerrigan etc.

Any changes we make won't necessarily enhance our team. Duckett needs taking out, but the man replacing him had a shocker the last time he played test cricket and has a first class average below Rashid and Woakes ... Other batsman in the squad in Ballance.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2016, 11:06:59 AM »

Broad and Ansari out injured

Buttler replaces Dckett and will bat 7

Cook
Hameed
Root
Moeen
Bairstow
Stokes
Buttler
Woakes
Rashid
Batty
Anderson

the pitch is very dry. Must win the toss and bat to have a shot

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2016, 11:32:22 AM »

Who gets the gloves?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2016, 09:24:03 PM »

Who gets the gloves?

Bairstow keeps them
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: