blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170228 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2016, 10:12:17 AM »

Poor use of a review
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2016, 12:04:35 PM »

the difference in the quality of the spin attacks is making it look like the pitch has flattened out

India bat all day tomorrow and lead, maybe.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2016, 03:36:12 PM »

the difference in the quality of the spin attacks is making it look like the pitch has flattened out

India bat all day tomorrow and lead, maybe.

Yep.  Spinners being shown up.  So would most countries mind. Early days buts ashwin and jadeja will be even more of a handful 2nd time around
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2016, 10:24:40 AM »

Sigh 230-2 to 249-5

Its already spinning and going through the top. 350 might be a winning score, but got to get there first

Rashid at 5/2 a bet for top England wicket taker?

Edit 1st innings only if not clear

Well done! 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2016, 10:47:04 AM »

Sigh 230-2 to 249-5

Its already spinning and going through the top. 350 might be a winning score, but got to get there first

Edit 1st innings only if not clear

Well done! 

Only 2 England players have conceded more runs in an innings.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2016, 08:52:55 PM »

Sigh 230-2 to 249-5

currently a bet in any innings of this series. Could be especially so on this pitch which has spun more on the first day than the previous three pitches in the series

He has 18 wickets in 3 games, next highest is 7

Cook has been bowling Moeen less, the team has dropped the third spinner too. So as long as England don't take early wickets, Rashid should be a good favourite

Cheers.  Hills maxed me at £32. 

Cheers guys  thumbs up
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2016, 09:01:10 PM »

No one has won a test in india since we last won the series over there. we went expecting to get hammered every test, and we havent. yes we will probably lose 3-1 or 4-0 but we have competed for long periods in each test, and just been let down because India, in their own conditions are just far superior to everyone ekse. We have put up a better fight than the aussies and the saffas, who were completely battered.

Side for first test this summer assuming all fit?

Cook
Hameed
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

Thats what id go with, Rashid has proved he is a good bowler this tour, and offers something different. No point picking 5 seamers, one just wont bowl if you have Jimmy, Broady, Stokes and Woakes plus one other. only other option could be to bat Buttler 7, and Ali 8 and drop Rashid, but i like the balance of it wtith the leggie in the team

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2016, 01:13:50 AM »

Would love to find a way of getting Mark Wood into that team if fully fit. Maybe some sort of rotation between Ando Broard Wood and Woakes.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2016, 01:22:34 AM »

Stokes seems too high at 6 given Hameed and Jennings relative inexperience plus not sure we need to find room for both Rashid and Moeen on English pitches. I'd probably drop Moeen for Duckett or someone similar given Root can bowl reasonable offies if required, not that i'd expect him to much given England's forte is definitely pace at home.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2016, 11:16:13 AM »

Gonna depend on the captaincy I think. If Cook remains skipper, Root going back to 4 gives room for him to bowl more spin. If he takes over as Captain, can't see him bowling much.

Seamers should be rotated somewhat, all of them at an age where injuries play a part
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2016, 11:48:34 AM »

Doubt Rashid plays in home tests. Spinner at home is more used for control, Moeen fits that role better than Rashid. Hameed and Jennings look ready, so that solves some problems. For me it's just who you bat at 7. Do you want a keeper so Bairstow can just concentrate on his batting? majority of candiates are actually keepers haha, Billings, Buttler, Duckett etc.

Cook
Hammed
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
?
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

In home conditions, the rest will take the burden and should allow Hammed/Jennings/your number 7 to bed in. Wood would certainly challenge if fit, but at the moment he's far too injury prone. Shame, as he's a real handful. Other bowlers like Finn, Ball, TRJ are back-up/rotation. First test of the summer is later due to hosting champions trophy so players will have a chance to state their case in county games prior.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2016, 11:55:30 AM »

Mark Wood, if fit, please

4 seamers plus Moeen as the stock bowler

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2016, 09:29:05 PM »

Mark wood is a must when fit the attack has been missing a proper fast bowler for the last 4 years the missing piece and you only need to one spinner at home unless it's a real turner,everyone seems to pointing the fingers at the bowling but it's the batting thats the big letdown this winter
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2016, 11:52:20 PM »

yeah but its not 4 seamers is it... its 5with stokes. wood anderson broad woaks and stokes, too many, one would never bowl! think buttler ha done enough so far to warrant his spot come the summer

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2016, 06:59:43 AM »

I think England should give some consideration to playing Buttler as a keeper and allowing Johnny Bairstow to concentrate on batting. He has been fantastic but the team would benefit hugely from a few more BIG hundred rather than the 70/80s he seems to get regularly.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: