blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 171162 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2016, 11:34:01 AM »

England won 4 tossess in the series, lost 4-0

lost by an inning here having scored 477 (rare) and lost their last ten wickets for 105 today

i think Cook will step down. Root is ready and Cook can go on as opener for several more years without the captaincy.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2016, 12:01:55 PM »

Great summary. I find myself in the uncomfortable position of nodding along with Sir Geoffrey who just said  we'll come back home, smash teams up with swing on green 'uns, and nothing will change.

Love to see Root given the chance. And Cook the chance to find his form again.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2016, 02:46:55 PM »

Issue with cook going now (I think he will) is that root will still be an inexperienced skipper when we tour Australia next winter. A real battering out there would be a big blow that early in his reign.  I'd prefer cook to stay on till then, so long as he's willing. Today might have made his mind up for him.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2016, 04:02:22 PM »

Thank God that the torture is finally over.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2016, 11:17:12 PM »

England need to get all their fringe players playing abroad in winters in leagues across the world to get them used to foreign conditions, especially the sub continent. What's the point in having a 16/17 man squad when most of them play sod all games and water carry for months. Get them some proper competitive cricket. Not exactly difficult to call someone up for injury replacement/loss of form.

Cook looks shot as a captain, let him get back to being one of the best batsmen in the world.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 20, 2016, 11:39:11 PM »

England need to get all their fringe players playing abroad in winters in leagues across the world to get them used to foreign conditions, especially the sub continent. What's the point in having a 16/17 man squad when most of them play sod all games and water carry for months. Get them some proper competitive cricket. Not exactly difficult to call someone up for injury replacement/loss of form.

Cook looks shot as a captain, let him get back to being one of the best batsmen in the world.

Even just getting him back to a half decent opener will be good enough.

Stokes is too high at 6, Ali is too high at 4.

Back in England i think im going:

Hameed
Cook
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Duckett
Ali
Stokes
Woakes/Wood
Broad
Anderson
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2016, 12:52:08 AM »

Yeah team looks good, though pretty much picks itself at home. Next winter conditions much more friendly for the bowlers so England really need to get some solid form going prior.

Anyone else think, despite the conditions, our seamers were distinctly average in India? Their seamers looked far more potent and they are rank average.
Noose

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 24, 2016, 07:50:36 AM »

Hameed
Cook
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Duckett
Ali
Stokes
Woakes/Wood
Broad
Anderson

Newbie here....hope it's ok for me to join the convo.

Ali is probably one of the best players of spin in the team (albeit his shot selection and temperament need to improve). Couldn't he be groomed as a proper No.4? The man scored 2 centuries in India and could be a vital cog  in any future South Asian tours.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 24, 2016, 09:10:25 AM »

Hameed
Cook
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Duckett
Ali
Stokes
Woakes/Wood
Broad
Anderson

Ali is probably one of the best players of spin in the team (albeit his shot selection and temperament need to improve). Couldn't he be groomed as a proper No.4? The man scored 2 centuries in India and could be a vital cog  in any future South Asian tours.

You are more than welcome, & welcome aboard the blonde madhouse.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 24, 2016, 04:57:17 PM »

Hameed
Cook
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Duckett
Ali
Stokes
Woakes/Wood
Broad
Anderson

Welcome Noose, newbies always welcome.
Personally, I really like Ali down the order. Has a ridic average when batting lower down and having that capable a bat that low seems to help with batting collapses. No sub continent games for a for a fair while either.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 24, 2016, 06:52:45 PM »

bat stokes at 8? averaged over 50 this year in test cricket. Leave duckett out and play wood aswell. thought thats 5 seamers, which seemed a lot. Buttler has done enough to warrant a start in the next test i think.

interesting you say about we'll go back to england and smash sides up on green seamers. What do you think india do?! they come to us/ aussies and get hammered and when we go there its minefield spinners. Its the same thing just the other way round.

Think its a promising side the england team, ashes next winter is the one.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 26, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »

I'd like to see Buttler given the gloves and Bairstow to focus on being the #1 batsman in the world by the end of the year. This lad has resilience, talent and the ability to change gears and we cannot afford for him to keep running out of partners down at 7. Bairstow and Root should be the mainstay of the England middle order for years to come.

hButtler is such a talent and has the ability to change a game within an hour. Yes, he is going to fail sometimes but then again I believe with the batting line up we have we can afford to have a gamble on a potential match winner.

Stoke 6, Buttler 7, Ali 8 and England have a dynamic, game changing lower middle order that can bury tiring attacks.

Rashid has not done enough over the winter to overtake Ali in my opinion so I've stuck with him at 8.

I'd go with :
1. Habib
2. Cook
3. Jennings
4. Root
5. Bairstow
6. Stokes
7. Buttler
8. Ali
9. Wood if fit, otherwise Woakes
10. Broad
11. Anderson

I'd really like to see Root given a few more overs with the ball. I believe he's capable of more than just turning his arm over occassionally.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 26, 2016, 06:46:52 PM »

Do we need a spinner at home? would we not be stronger with an attack of Anderson, Broad, Woakes, Wood and Stokes? Root as a passable option as a spinner. Whenever Moeen is slated the stock response is "he's not a front line bowler, give him a chance". If he isn't a front line bolwer, why are we picking him as a front line bowler on pitches that won't suit?

For me at home he either plays in home tests as a specilaist bat or he doesn't play at all. Averages 40 with the ball at home, if we take out his stunning 1st series v India he averages 50+ with the ball and 2 wickets a game.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 26, 2016, 07:22:49 PM »

Do we need a spinner at home? would we not be stronger with an attack of Anderson, Broad, Woakes, Wood and Stokes? Root as a passable option as a spinner. Whenever Moeen is slated the stock response is "he's not a front line bowler, give him a chance". If he isn't a front line bolwer, why are we picking him as a front line bowler on pitches that won't suit?

For me at home he either plays in home tests as a specilaist bat or he doesn't play at all. Averages 40 with the ball at home, if we take out his stunning 1st series v India he averages 50+ with the ball and 2 wickets a game.

+1. The argument against is that the attack becomes "one paced" but I actually don't agree, you've got Anderson who swings the ball, Broad who hits the deck, Woakes who hits the seam, Stokes and Wood who can hit 90+. You are absolutely right imo that Moeen's stats are poor at test level. I've always felt there's only room for one of him or Stokes in the team, not both.

Playing an extra batsman is going to be important  as the batting line up is long but short of experience.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 26, 2016, 10:17:37 PM »

+1. The argument against is that the attack becomes "one paced" but I actually don't agree, you've got Anderson who swings the ball, Broad who hits the deck, Woakes who hits the seam, Stokes and Wood who can hit 90+. You are absolutely right imo that Moeen's stats are poor at test level. I've always felt there's only room for one of him or Stokes in the team, not both.

Playing an extra batsman is going to be important  as the batting line up is long but short of experience.

Doesnt really matter because Moee is in the team as a batter anyway, so his bowling is there regardless

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: