blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170202 times)
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 08, 2017, 10:30:30 AM »

Where are you putting KP in the English list?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 08, 2017, 10:35:57 AM »

Where are you putting KP in the English list?

averages 47. similar bracket to boycott, gooch, gower, cook

below the hobbs, hammond, hutton, compton greats of eras past who played far less test matches but all average 50-57

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 08, 2017, 10:52:44 AM »

Racing post said betway were 3/1 he breaks the record.

i know you have to park it in the bottom draw for 5 years but i think thats more than a fair price

this is what he said yesterday

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 08, 2017, 12:21:11 PM »

Racing post said betway were 3/1 he breaks the record.

i know you have to park it in the bottom draw for 5 years but i think thats more than a fair price

this is what he said yesterday

Click to see full-size image.

...and it is a double with betway still existing in 5 years.  Price seems about right to me with margin.  Wouldn't be looking to take 2/9 he doesn't break the record but wouldn't be in a rush to take the 3/1 either tbh.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2017, 10:59:07 AM »

pleased to see we have appointed a genuine celeb as our new captain

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 20, 2017, 09:05:31 AM »

Ben Stokes £1.7 mill in the IPL  Shocked. Some other English bowler I've never heard of for £1.4 mill, Eoin Morgan £240k.....
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: February 20, 2017, 09:28:58 AM »

Ben Stokes £1.7 mill in the IPL  Shocked. Some other English bowler I've never heard of for £1.4 mill, Eoin Morgan £240k.....

Stokes is a the most ever for an overseas player, joining MS Dhonis team, so he's done well! I would assume they'd be favourites. (Along with Steve Smith, faf du plessis)

Mills was 1.4, played a few internationals for us, against India this last month which probably helped his value!, I don't follow the league so couldn't tell you much morr about him.

Soaked went for over a mill too.

nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2017, 10:04:09 AM »

Stokes is a the most ever for an overseas player, joining MS Dhonis team, so he's done well! I would assume they'd be favourites. (Along with Steve Smith, faf du plessis)

Mills was 1.4, played a few internationals for us, against India this last month which probably helped his value!, I don't follow the league so couldn't tell you much morr about him.

Dhoni's team were 2nd bottom last year (had injuries to key players though). They are one of the newer franchises so they may have needed time to gel.

Miles has the best death bowling figures around the world in recent T20 franchise cricket. He joins a strong team though, with Gayle, ABDV, Watson and Starc the 4 overseas guns. He'll be available for the entire tournament, so that would have been a boost for his chances.

Surprised Woakes went for that much. He could be a direct replacement at KKR for Andre Russell, who's serving a drugs violation ban.

Jason Roy has just got picked up. He was good in the WT20 in India last year and is having a good PSL comp at the moment, but he joins a team with McCullum, Dw.Smith and Finch in their ranks so he may be a bench character.

Morgan's got similar issues, he joins Kings Xi who have Miller, Maxwell and Shaun Marsh in their top order so he may only be a bit-part player.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2017, 10:12:22 AM »

Dhoni's team were 2nd bottom last year (had injuries to key players though). They are one of the newer franchises so they may have needed time to gel.

Miles has the best death bowling figures around the world in recent T20 franchise cricket. He joins a strong team though, with Gayle, ABDV, Watson and Starc the 4 overseas guns. He'll be available for the entire tournament, so that would have been a boost for his chances.

Surprised Woakes went for that much. He could be a direct replacement at KKR for Andre Russell, who's serving a drugs violation ban.

Jason Roy has just got picked up. He was good in the WT20 in India last year and is having a good PSL comp at the moment, but he joins a team with McCullum, Dw.Smith and Finch in their ranks so he may be a bench character.

Morgan's got similar issues, he joins Kings Xi who have Miller, Maxwell and Shaun Marsh in their top order so he may only be a bit-part player.

Never having heard of Mills just shows your ignorance of any cricket bar England test team. He played the last 3 T20 internationals that England played.
I've seen a fair bit of Mills play as he plays for Sussex, his slower ball is basically unpickable. Surprised by ho much he went for, but he is available for the whole tournament as only plays T20s. Also plays them all over the world, so quite experienced in them.
Jordan going for £60,000 is an absolute bargain. Again he likely available for most of the tournament.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2017, 10:18:20 AM »

Never having heard of Mills just shows your ignorance of any cricket bar England test team. He played the last 3 T20 internationals that England played.
I've seen a fair bit of Mills play as he plays for Sussex, his slower ball is basically unpickable. Surprised by ho much he went for, but he is available for the whole tournament as only plays T20s. Also plays them all over the world, so quite experienced in them.
Jordan going for £60,000 is an absolute bargain. Again he likely available for most of the tournament.

It's true, I do only mostly care about English test cricket. Throw in the big T20 tournaments and that's it for me, no reason I would have heard of him otherwise. I would bet a fair few others have never heard of him also....
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 21, 2017, 12:23:50 AM »

hmmm, anyone into cricket has heard of Mills, destroyed Gayle in T20 season just gone,
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 21, 2017, 09:47:36 AM »

hmmm, anyone into cricket has heard of Mills, destroyed Gayle in T20 season just gone,

BS I go to quite a few games every year, follow it in the news tv etc and consider myself a fairly big cricket fan, I just don't follow T20 in other parts of the world, and if he's only played a handful of T20's for England he'd be easy to miss.

I won't be the only one either, bet you some of the lads who come to games with me and 'follow cricket' have never heard of him either....
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 21, 2017, 10:02:25 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J_b2qDkQrg

If somebody could sort the links, cheers

EDIT - Link sorted.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 11:10:12 AM by tikay » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 21, 2017, 10:30:38 AM »

Obviously Not everyone is an expert and knows everything like you....
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 21, 2017, 10:57:27 AM »

Obviously Not everyone is an expert and knows everything like you....

Whatever
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: