blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:26:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170318 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: July 15, 2019, 11:25:15 AM »

As one poster commented

Purely for the cameras, on it big style once they were in the dressing room!  Grin

I have seen Rashid duck out of alcohol celebrations before; pretty sure it was in the last 12 months.   Fair play to them, clearly both are well respected in the team. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: July 15, 2019, 12:59:10 PM »

The most surprising thing about yesterday was the amount of empty seats!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 15, 2019, 01:34:43 PM »

The most surprising thing about yesterday was the amount of empty seats!

You should have turned up then!  Cheesy
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 15, 2019, 02:37:32 PM »

Watched the last 25 overs with my sons, one can't stand cricket, the other can't stand sport. The latter had googled the full super over rules with 18 balls to go, the pair of them were celebrating like demented loons by the end.

Just amazing.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #874 on: July 15, 2019, 02:59:08 PM »

Enjoyed that so much! NZ were amazing sports and were so so unlucky not to win today, but I will treasure this victory and really hope it boosts interest in the game in the UK.

Regarding the fluked six, if you had to guess the odds of that happening where would you put it? Million to 1, billion to 1?

I’ve never seen or heard of that before...anyone else?

It used to happen quite regularly, I say regularly, probably not but I had seen it before and I don't watch a whole lot of cricket any more, but teams got more athletic and it's rare these days. 999/1000 he'd have thrown it to his team mate, but I think it was just the pressure of the moment, knowing that catch essentially won them the world cup, just concentrated on holding on to it rather than where he was on the field, complete brain fart moment

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 15, 2019, 06:09:04 PM »

Enjoyed that so much! NZ were amazing sports and were so so unlucky not to win today, but I will treasure this victory and really hope it boosts interest in the game in the UK.

Regarding the fluked six, if you had to guess the odds of that happening where would you put it? Million to 1, billion to 1?

I’ve never seen or heard of that before...anyone else?

It used to happen quite regularly, I say regularly, probably not but I had seen it before and I don't watch a whole lot of cricket any more, but teams got more athletic and it's rare these days. 999/1000 he'd have thrown it to his team mate, but I think it was just the pressure of the moment, knowing that catch essentially won them the world cup, just concentrated on holding on to it rather than where he was on the field, complete brain fart moment

He DID throw it to a team-mate (who caught it), he just did not throw it soon enough, his feet had already touched the boundary rope.

It's not an uncommon thing, it was the context that made it so dramatic.  

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/video/1279075

« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:57:38 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 15, 2019, 06:21:45 PM »

I’m in the first pic on the left, blue hat  Cheesy

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/other-sports/791842/Cricket-World-Cup-final-streaker-Vitaly-Uncensored-England-New-Zealand

Better one  Cheesy

https://www.givemesport.com/1489766-cricket-world-cup-final-at-lords-disrupted-by-vitaly-uncensored-pitch-invader
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 15, 2019, 07:39:27 PM »

Sorry, when I said fluked six I meant the 4 overthrows off the bat. The odds of that happening? I read today that because they hadn’t crossed for the second run, only 5 should have been awarded. More luck going england’s way  thumbs up
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 15, 2019, 08:08:01 PM »

Sorry, when I said fluked six I meant the 4 overthrows off the bat. The odds of that happening? I read today that because they hadn’t crossed for the second run, only 5 should have been awarded. More luck going england’s way  thumbs up

But they had crossed - Stokes was on the second run and diving for the crease when the ball hit his bat.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 15, 2019, 08:17:54 PM »

But they had crossed - Stokes was on the second run and diving for the crease when the ball hit his bat.

It's when the ball was thrown that counts (19.8 of the MCC rulebook, apparently).

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 15, 2019, 08:26:26 PM »

get in
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 15, 2019, 08:29:00 PM »

It's easy to see where the confusion arises;

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/video/1279087/cwc19-final-nz-v-eng-deflection-off-the-bat-gives-england-six-

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 15, 2019, 08:53:29 PM »

If only they had VAR

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 15, 2019, 09:01:56 PM »

Thing is, if Stokes knew we needed 3 off the last ball, he'd have swung properly and clubbed it away for four.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 15, 2019, 09:29:36 PM »

For years I've thought I knew who you were from some trips to DtD.

I now realise I didn't.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: