blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:54:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 171063 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 15, 2019, 10:23:11 PM »

Thing is, if Stokes knew we needed 3 off the last ball, he'd have swung properly and clubbed it away for four.

Absolutely this.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 16, 2019, 06:56:08 AM »

Thing is, if Stokes knew we needed 3 off the last ball, he'd have swung properly and clubbed it away for four.

Absolutely this.

Not really this. As soon as we go down the ‘if/then’ route we have to start considering. If Ross Taylor hadn’t got one of the poorer LBW’s of the tournament, if Erasmus hadn’t had a shocker with Roy first ball, if Boult (a very capable and switched on outfielder) hadn’t inexplicably switched off at the key moment, if Stokes hadn’t (completely by accident) deflected the ball for four ot’s, if the umpires had implemented the overthrow rule correctly......

I’d rather just say, two excellent teams, game played in absolutely the right spirit (what a great example to set). Stokes was incredible, England are a great side and are absolutely deserved WC winners.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 16, 2019, 07:02:18 AM »

Absolutely this.

Not really this. As soon as we go down the ‘if/then’ route we have to start considering. If Ross Taylor hadn’t got one of the poorer LBW’s of the tournament, if Erasmus hadn’t had a shocker with Roy first ball, if Boult (a very capable and switched on outfielder) hadn’t inexplicably switched off at the key moment, if Stokes hadn’t (completely by accident) deflected the ball for four ot’s, if the umpires had implemented the overthrow rule correctly......there are more. Only then can we say Stokes would have been better off needing 3, than needing 2 (which is quite a stretch to begin with).

I’d rather just say, two excellent teams, game played in absolutely the right spirit (what a great example to set). Stokes was incredible, England are a great side and are absolutely deserved WC winners.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 16, 2019, 07:04:28 AM »

mmm, Some sort of next level quote fail. Apologies to Mantis.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 16, 2019, 08:48:36 AM »

Absolutely this.

Not really this. As soon as we go down the ‘if/then’ route we have to start considering. If Ross Taylor hadn’t got one of the poorer LBW’s of the tournament, if Erasmus hadn’t had a shocker with Roy first ball, if Boult (a very capable and switched on outfielder) hadn’t inexplicably switched off at the key moment, if Stokes hadn’t (completely by accident) deflected the ball for four ot’s, if the umpires had implemented the overthrow rule correctly......

We probably don’t need to debate sporting outcomes in the same way as we do politics.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 16, 2019, 11:08:50 AM »

:-)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 16, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »

on the radio last night Vaughan reported that Stokes went up to Jofra Archer before the super over and said "this over will not define you as a cricketer"

Quite the rehabilitation from his off the field issues. key performances all tournament and a real team man it seems

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 16, 2019, 12:19:52 PM »

you look about 12 and why you wearing a team india hat to an england game

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 16, 2019, 07:18:44 PM »

India hat? You need your eyes testing mate......
engy

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 16, 2019, 09:49:47 PM »

Facepaint??
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 16, 2019, 10:47:26 PM »

Facepaint??

Transfer type things.....actually grazed one of my cheeks getting one of the fkers off  Cheesy
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 24, 2019, 11:42:21 AM »

Bizarre team selection here.

Going in with 5 batsmen ( Denly???) and Moeen Ali who seems to have forgotten what a bat looks like.

A batsman light for sure, but good to see Sam Curran back involved.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 24, 2019, 12:04:27 PM »

Going in with 5 batsmen ( Denly???) and Moeen Ali who seems to have forgotten what a bat looks like.

recount requested on the number of batsmen?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 24, 2019, 12:16:51 PM »

Just been out for a run ( no sarky comments please, us fat lads have to try!) to return to this? What the absolute f..................
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 24, 2019, 12:19:36 PM »

Just been out for a run ( no sarky comments please, us fat lads have to try!) to return to this? What the absolute f..................

Haha, working from home today and just made a nice ham and cheese roll and cup of tea to sit down for an hour. Gonna see the 1st innings over before i do a little more work

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: