blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:23:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170252 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: August 03, 2019, 09:37:10 AM »

Despite Burns' century yesterday, I still can't buy into him as a Test Opener.

Would you put yesterday's knock down to run good or talent?

Playing and missing ~ 40 times can’t have happened often in a Test knock and amazing he survived the Lyon LBW which just looked absolutely out which ever way you look at it. Poor use of DRS from Australia all round, such a key thing to be good at in modern Test cricket.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 06, 2019, 12:23:07 PM »

Please dear God let's hope the selectors show some balls.

Moeen Ali absolutely needs to be dropped.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 06, 2019, 12:39:40 PM »

Burns
Sibley
Root
Roy
Stokes
Buttler
Foakes
Woakes
Archer if fit if not Curran S
Broad
Jack Leach

please

Roy isn't an opener, really he's a six in long form cricket because of technical deficiencies but can't fit him in there
Sibley is "Cook lite" or could be, occupies the crease, a top scoring opener in domestic cricket in an era where we don't have a myriad of choices
Denly isn't test class
Bairstow needs a spell back in red ball county cricket. Foakes is a better keeper and a tougher out at the moment
Leach as a left arm spinner should play with Moeen out of form with bat and ball
Archer for Anderson. Sam Curran if not fit

obviously we lost the toss at Edgbaston and Anderson got injured so we ran bad, but even so we are short of form and confidence in quite a few spots, hence changing Moeen and Bairstow for now

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 06, 2019, 01:08:26 PM »

The first thing we need to do is make sure the bloody pitch is a greentop swinging pitch before anything else!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 06, 2019, 02:43:29 PM »

Burns
Sibley
Root
Roy
Stokes
Buttler
Foakes
Woakes
Broad
Jack Leach

please

Roy isn't an opener, really he's a six in long form cricket because of technical deficiencies but can't fit him in there
Sibley is "Cook lite" or could be, occupies the crease, a top scoring opener in domestic cricket in an era where we don't have a myriad of choices
Denly isn't test class
Bairstow needs a spell back in red ball county cricket. Foakes is a better keeper and a tougher out at the moment
Leach as a left arm spinner should play with Moeen out of form with bat and ball

obviously we lost the toss at Edgbaston and Anderson got injured so we ran bad, but even so we are short of form and confidence in quite a few spots, hence changing Moeen and Bairstow for now

Losing the toss didn't cost us the game though. Letting Aus score at least 100 more runs than they should have in the first innings and then not scoring enough runs in our innings let the Aussies back into the game.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 06, 2019, 05:48:00 PM »

Burns
Sibley
Root
Roy
Stokes
Buttler
Foakes
Woakes
Broad
Jack Leach

please

Denly isn't test class

This is much more like it.

Tighty, can you send your CV into the ECB please.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 09, 2019, 05:41:36 PM »

Leach in for the hapless Moeen.

Straight fight between Archer and Curran for Jimmy's spot. Somehow, Denly retains his place.....
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 18, 2019, 02:47:06 PM »

Hope we get bowled out for 230 here, they always bat too long before a declaration.......
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 18, 2019, 08:52:29 PM »

I thought the declaration was spot on today.

Archer is something else. If he stays fit and plays for 10 years hes easily one of Englands greatest ever bowler.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 18, 2019, 10:59:44 PM »

I thought the declaration was spot on today.

Archer is something else. If he stays fit and plays for 10 years hes easily one of Englands greatest ever bowler.

Too late for me as it always is. I’d had dragged them in as soon as Stokes got his 100.....

Agree about Archer, special bowler, I had the rugby and the cricket on yesterday and I couldn’t take my eyes off the cricket.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 19, 2019, 12:01:20 AM »

Long time since I got quite as excited watching an English bowler, loved watching the whole attack in 2005, but Archer and Broad at times were just great to watch in this test. Thought Woakes was under bowled a bit when we got carried away with regularly doming them, fun as it was.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 19, 2019, 11:25:43 AM »

great photo yesterday

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 20, 2019, 10:03:23 AM »

I'm confused as to why the Aussies were allowed a concussion substitute in their second innings.

When Steve Smith returned to continue his innings after being struck by Archer and retiring hurt, surely that was a statement that he did not have concussion.

The Aussies seem to have had it both ways.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 20, 2019, 10:16:07 AM »

He woke up the next morning feeling groggy, was tested again and there was a deterioration in his results

At that point he was ruled out of the match (fielding as well) and the Australians applied for a concussion substitute, which the match referee granted under the new rules.

My eyes are open wide
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 20, 2019, 10:18:51 AM »

I'm confused as to why the Aussies were allowed a concussion substitute in their second innings.

When Steve Smith returned to continue his innings after being struck by Archer and retiring hurt, surely that was a statement that he did not have concussion.

The Aussies seem to have had it both ways.

Very blinkered view here. Medical diagnosis is not always black & white. It is very likely that the full after effects of the blow were not felt until later that evening (after the adrenalin had subsided). To me, the doctor should not have let him resume, but I suspect it was Smith that insisted.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: