blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170232 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: August 22, 2019, 11:00:40 AM »

Jofra Archer achieved the remarkable feat of a clean sweep of the back pages this morning, every single one runs a headline & photo on his prowess & how he's going to wreak havoc in the 3rd Test, accompanied, as always with newspaper headlines, by a variety of woeful puns.

And he may well do so, even though Headingley won't be as favourable a pitch for him as Lords, he seems to be the real deal, but God help him if he has a disappointing match, those very same newspapers will be in like a shot to crucify him as a failure. In fact I have a hunch newspapers prefer failure to success, it seems to suit their narrative better.

Meanwhile, delayed start today due to rain, but I believe it's stopped now, so maybe we'll get some play before Lunch. 

11.20 start apparently.

Excellent.

The forecast is iffy for today, sunshine & showers, but fine from tomorrow onwards.

It really would be rather jolly if England could win this one, though their flaky batting needs to improve.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 22, 2019, 11:06:41 AM »

Root wins the toss & elects to bowl.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 22, 2019, 02:21:27 PM »

Khawaja’s last 8 innings v Eng:

c Bairstow.
c Bairstow.
c Bairstow.
c Bairstow.
c Bairstow.
c Bairstow.
c Bairstow.
c Bairstow.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 22, 2019, 07:17:26 PM »

Jofra gets his 5-fer, good work him.

That's all of tomorrow's back pages sorted.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 22, 2019, 07:30:05 PM »

Ha, hold the back page, make that 6.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 23, 2019, 12:47:37 PM »

I appreciate that this is test cricket, against a top quality attack. but i worry that Jofra, Broad and co arent good enough to keep digging these clowns with the bat out of trouble

just some awful shots

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 23, 2019, 02:49:42 PM »

In Tests this year, a wicket falls every 52.6 balls. That's the lowest figure since 1910.

stat from before this match

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 24, 2019, 09:36:32 PM »

Booked to go tomorrow, am I going to get an hour or will it be an all day nail biter? Ahhhh fk it.....  
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 24, 2019, 10:02:37 PM »

Booked to go tomorrow, am I going to get an hour or will it be an all day nail biter? Ahhhh fk it.....  

Joe Root legacy ton tomorrow to secure his captaincy i fancy.   He really needs to get his head down tomorrow and deliver a 300 ball ton.   Make Boycott proud.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 24, 2019, 10:03:11 PM »

'It's not the despair: I can cope with the despair. It's the HOPE - that's what's killing me.'

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 24, 2019, 10:25:13 PM »

'It's not the despair: I can cope with the despair. It's the HOPE - that's what's killing me.'

Some of the best days of cricket I’ve seen have been potential nail biters like this. Gotta suck up the risk of losing for the glory of winning! Been on both sides of it....
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 25, 2019, 12:35:31 PM »

Enjoy woodsey.   Would love to be there today.  Sounds amazing atmosphere on TMS.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 25, 2019, 01:10:11 PM »

Enjoy woodsey.   Would love to be there today.  Sounds amazing atmosphere on TMS.

It is mate, it’s pretty tense but every run is being being cheered, every boundary like someone got their century.......trying not to get too excited as it’s still in the balance. 
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 25, 2019, 01:48:41 PM »

Is there any point letting umpire's make decisions any more? Must be under 50% this cereal?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 25, 2019, 04:21:23 PM »

WOW 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: