blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:30:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170188 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: September 05, 2019, 08:48:33 PM »

Am there Saturday, hopefully my presence makes some more run good happen against the odds as other games I’ve been to recently  
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 05, 2019, 09:46:56 PM »

What has Woakes done to deserve this?   He has been steady enough with the bat and ball this summer. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49566327

Has he been struggling with an injury or similar? 

That’s brutal.....

I think Woakes has been a bit under the admittedly pretty high standards he plays at these days - isn't this just more a horses for courses type thing, as happens a bit more often with bowlers

Heard Root interviewed earlier and he said that Overton is an Old Trafford bowler, plus he’s a bit taller than Woakes and will get more bounce. Added roughing up for Smith?

Root looked totally lost and out of ideas today (and for most of the series) tbf and his batting won't keep him in a job forever at this rate.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 05, 2019, 10:15:59 PM »

What has Woakes done to deserve this?   He has been steady enough with the bat and ball this summer. 

That’s brutal.....

I think Woakes has been a bit under the admittedly pretty high standards he plays at these days - isn't this just more a horses for courses type thing, as happens a bit more often with bowlers

Heard Root interviewed earlier and he said that Overton is an Old Trafford bowler, plus he’s a bit taller than Woakes and will get more bounce. Added roughing up for Smith?

Root looked totally lost and out of ideas today (and for most of the series) tbf and his batting won't keep him in a job forever at this rate.

This is proving a really tough series for him. Was also thinking his job as skipper is going to come under pressure soon

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 05, 2019, 10:32:33 PM »

What has Woakes done to deserve this?   He has been steady enough with the bat and ball this summer.  

That’s brutal.....

This is proving a really tough series for him. Was also thinking his job as skipper is going to come under pressure soon

So many times he looked lost today.   He is faciing a one batsman team as well albeit a top class operator but his decisionss and body language recently seem like he is lost and it is clearly affecttiing his day job batting but that always works like that for all captains.   Its his field body language for me that is saying it more than most.   He has maybe been liviing off England's top two all time wicket takers and is strugglinig without jimmy.  
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 10:43:25 PM by arbboy » Logged
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 06, 2019, 12:22:18 AM »

There is no-one waiting to take the captaincy unfortunately. Stokes is pretty the only person guaranteed his place and he has too much responsibility already with the amount the team rely on him at the moment.

Maybe Broad
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 06, 2019, 04:55:47 AM »

There is no-one waiting to take the captaincy unfortunately. Stokes is pretty the only person guaranteed his place and he has too much responsibility already with the amount the team rely on him at the moment.

Maybe Broad

Broad will be hanging his boots up soon, talk of it maybe even after this summer......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 07, 2019, 06:23:44 PM »

I think we'd better send Woodsey to Old Trafford tomorrow..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 07, 2019, 07:22:57 PM »

I think we'd better send Woodsey to Old Trafford tomorrow..

Haha on the train home right now. If we were 0 down by end of play I would have stayed over and gone 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 07, 2019, 07:26:44 PM »

Steve Smith is all I can say.......without him we would have won already. Pains me to say it but he is unbelievable batsman 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 08, 2019, 10:24:29 AM »

Steve Smith - 639 runs this series at 160 apiece - even more extraordinary considering what a historically tough era this is for batsmen

Last year the average runs per wicket in Test cricket was 27 - the lowest for 61 years.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 08, 2019, 10:38:33 AM »

Steve Smith is all I can say.......without him we would have won already. Pains me to say it but he is unbelievable batsman 

I wish Steve Smith (as well as the way cricket has gone in the short forms) had been around when I was in my pomp as a club cricketer. Any pretence of trying to look 'correct' could have gone out the window and I could have fully focused on smashing it about in any style necessary and just carried on stacking* up the runs.

*Some license on the word stacking

sola virtus nobilitat
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 08, 2019, 04:34:25 PM »

I wish Steve Smith (as well as the way cricket has gone in the short forms) had been around when I was in my pomp as a club cricketer. Any pretence of trying to look 'correct' could have gone out the window and I could have fully focused on smashing it about in any style necessary and just carried on stacking* up the runs.

*Some license on the word stacking

I was thinking exactly the same. My coach at school was very much in the 'get in line, show the bowler the maker's name' style of batting coach. Steve Smith would have driven him insane!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 08, 2019, 04:47:56 PM »

We like these nail biters, can we get out of jail again?  Shocked
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 08, 2019, 05:06:12 PM »

Should have kept my trap shut  Cry
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 08, 2019, 05:38:31 PM »

Should have kept my trap shut  Cry

Haha, pity the game has improved so much that slightly bad light can't save you any more. Mind you, cant see the Aussies being able to get these last 2 wickets in 22 overs. 1-1 going to the last.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: