blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:49:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170200 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: June 12, 2021, 12:04:29 PM »

I'm not usually one to throw my hands up and say the world has gone mad. But - England players being investigated for 'historic tweets' where they call each other Sir. Apparently this is mocking Indian people? Now there is a tweet amnesty. This is a crazy business.

Most fair minded people who spend more than a few minutes thinking about the subject would acknowledge that white privilege (especially male) is a real thing irrespective of how many white males live in straitened circumstances.

Its gets lost when you start raking up people's pasts as most fair minded people would also acknowledge that growing and developing one's outlook is a real thing too. It could turn the most liberal minded, empathetic person in to someone who thinks the world has gone mad.

I'm very prepared to be educated that this is very offensive and that I'm totally wrong. Every single person has made mistakes during their life. I dunno, the whole thing just makes me go wow.

I'm not sure why any professional sportsperson would even log in to social media. Everything you say has forensic analysis and you are subject to a barrage of a abuse too. Just pay someone to maintain a social media page to build your profile and get sponsors and don't even bother with it.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 12, 2021, 12:11:33 PM »

On a brighter note, I've been mightily impressed by the commentary & analysis of Ebony Rainford-Brent , who is commentating right now on the England - NZ Test on Sky Sports, & does a lot of TMS commentary too. So it was a delight to see her awarded an MBE today, well done her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebony_Rainford-Brent

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 14, 2022, 04:44:44 PM »

Johnny Bairstow!

Outstanding stuff and what a refreshing approach to a game that could as easily have been lost as won.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Noose

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 14, 2022, 05:38:42 PM »

Johnny Bairstow!

Outstanding stuff and what a refreshing approach to a game that could as easily have been lost as won.

So good! B Mac making an instant difference.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1069 on: June 14, 2022, 06:18:57 PM »

Smith is still not training today by the way, Headingley test in 48 hours so not looking good for him sadly

Now confirmed he will not play.

A great shame imo, but the correct decision.

The third Test will be much the worse for his absence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49408323

It is a shame, I hope he only misses one test as most supporters would want to see us (hopefully) beat them with him in the side I think.

I don’t think anyone who celebrates our win in 2005 ever says “Wish McGrath hadn’t got injured”

Yeah this; of course their first test victory was meaningless because Anderson got injured. :/

I got a cricket injury once. It came on the telly and I fell over whilst running for the remote to turn it off,

The older I get, the better I was.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 27, 2022, 03:02:09 PM »

Bairstow for SPOTY?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: