blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Play-Off final ticket v Large cash amount
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Play-Off final ticket v Large cash amount  (Read 10583 times)
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 06:52:51 PM »

Depends whether it impacts future earnings. If you don't earn some amount because you go to the final, then it's a relatively small one-off cost. If it impacts your reputation and likelihood of getting future work then it is significantly more costly.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 11:10:22 PM »

No biggie - trips to Wembley are ten a penny.

I mean, I *already* got to go 25 & 23yrs ago, from when all I can really remember is:

- my dad's mate Soggis thinking the Walkers blue packet offer was just the salt and being livid that he didn't find it until the dregs of the pack.

- another Wedmesday fan who had set out Star Wars models (?!) in the aisles.

- everyone seeming really disappointed compared to when Waddle banged in a screamer / John Sheridan won us the cup in '91.

- being really sad without fully understanding why given I was 4 / 6 years old and Wembley trips *were* ten a penny.

So yeah, there'll be 'PLENTY' of other chances at it whereas 'club night' one offs where you might nick £5-6,000 (which is, don't get me wrong, a considerable sum of money) hardly ever come about.

23 years is a long time. A whole generation.

Have a word with yourself, Arron. It's only money and it comes and goes. You will never, ever, regret turning down just another work night for the chance to be present on Saturday.

Allez!!
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 11:15:11 PM »

Welcome to big school

https://amp.twimg.com/v/84d5e18b-7b0f-4129-ba48-b1d0d5498866

Allez!!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 11:46:02 PM »

If you don't go and they lose, you will always wonder whether your missing voice was the cause.

If you don't go and they win, you will have missed that major buzz of seeing your club, your team winning 'The Richest Prize in Football'.

Seriously though, if you are even having to ask the question then you should just give the tickets to someone who really wants them. Give them away, you'll make more than enough at your club night to cover the cost.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 12:06:04 AM »

If you don't go and they lose, you will always wonder whether your missing voice was the cause.

If you don't go and they win, you will have missed that major buzz of seeing your club, your team winning 'The Richest Prize in Football'.

Seriously though, if you are even having to ask the question then you should just give the tickets to someone who really wants them. Give them away, you'll make more than enough at your club night to cover the cost.

Never do this.  This is the nut worse outcome.  If you are not going tout them online for the best price and make money in your job so you win both ways.  If not go to the game. You will make the same at the club night whatever.  If you don't go to the game you have to max your loss of enjoyment from not going by touting your tickets for the maximum. I assume Weds will sell out and you can sell the tickets at a decent premium?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 01:06:03 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Selling the tickets at a premium to a fellow Wednesday fan is the nut worst thing to do.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 01:09:34 AM »

Also, it seems that it's a bit more complicated than just telling the nightclub you can't make
It. You seem to be a key figure in the whole organising/running, rather than just doing a shift behind the bar.

Life's a bitch etc. Do the job, hopefully get promoted and then you'll have plenty time to watch Wednesday in big games.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 01:46:48 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Selling the tickets at a premium to a fellow Wednesday fan is the nut worst thing to do.

Rutter will pay over the odds in his stupid Sheff Weds outfit he wears!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 06:51:09 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Giving them away to someone who otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford to go is the nut best. You've probably done the cost in an hour on a FOBT in the past, make someone's day, feel good about yourself.
Win/win.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 07:16:02 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Giving them away to someone who otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford to go is the nut best. You've probably done the cost in an hour on a FOBT in the past, make someone's day, feel good about yourself.
Win/win.

This.  Anyone even suggesting touting is an utter scumbag imo. 
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 08:44:31 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Win/win.

This.  Anyone even suggesting touting is an utter scumbag imo.  

Surely that's just a matter of opinion.

I'm not a football fan, and I don't know anything about fan etiquette, but if I had those tickets and touting them wasn't illegal (I have no idea if it is or isn't BTW) I would tout them in a heartbeat without even the slightest inkling that I was doing anything wrong.

Football may be a worthy cause, but I have several causes that I think are more worthy of spending a couple of grand on.

We're all different, we all have different priorities.

I don't think that makes me an utter scumbag.

The older I get, the better I was.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 09:24:13 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Win/win.

I'm not a football fan, and I don't know anything about fan etiquette, but if I had those tickets and touting them wasn't illegal (I have no idea if it is or isn't BTW) I would tout them in a heartbeat without even the slightest inkling that I was doing anything wrong.

Football may be a worthy cause, but I have several causes that I think are more worthy of spending a couple of grand on.

Obviously this.

In the real world, it's no different to having really nice Kylie Minogue tickets, good seats at the next Anthony Joshua fight, X Factor final tickets, T20 Finals Day tickets, an audience with Pele, signed copies of all the Game of Thrones books or a hearty snog from David Gandy.

There would be someone out there who would pay more for these things than the prawn sandwich seats at the Championship Playoff Final. (Might not all be the same person, granted. Unless they're a Blades fan, maybe)

Giving them to someone who couldn't afford to go is a lovely gesture. So is selling them to the highest bidder and using the money for good purposes. But selling them and keeping the money isn't a bad thing either. Buying the tickets en bloc with the intention of then selling them off to the highest bidder is less pleasant, of course.

If doing something makes you a good person, not doing it doesn't necessarily make you a bad one.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 09:26:28 AM »

Never do this.  This is the nut worse outcome.  If you are not going tout them online for the best price and make money in your job so you win both ways.  If not go to the game. You will make the same at the club night whatever.  If you don't go to the game you have to max your loss of enjoyment from not going by touting your tickets for the maximum. I assume Weds will sell out and you can sell the tickets at a decent premium?

Wednesday had an allocation of c38K and c33K were sold to their core supporter base of ST holders, Members and others qualifying who had  accumulated poinst for attending games. The other 5k went on general sale and sold quickly. Demand outsrips supply and I've read about Wednesday fans buying tickets from Hull.

Without getting into the "tout or not tout" issue, you need to remember Aaron doesn't attend home games out of principle because he objects to the Wednesday ticket pricing policy. Although RickBFA has pointed out several times that there are competively priced tickets available for many games, including £20 for the play off semi-final, Aaron sticks to his guns and won't attend - not because he doesn't want to but because of his principles and presumably the exploitation of Wednesday supporters by the owners. Presumably, therefore, it would be somewhat hypocritical  for him to sell on tickets at an inflated profit.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 09:28:02 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Win/win.

This.  Anyone even suggesting touting is an utter scumbag imo. 

Touting is ok if money is the thing that makes you feel good about yourself. Doesn't make you a scumbag, utter or otherwise.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 09:43:25 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Win/win.

Obviously this.

In the real world, it's no different to having really nice Kylie Minogue tickets, good seats at the next Anthony Joshua fight, X Factor final tickets, T20 Finals Day tickets, an audience with Pele, signed copies of all the Game of Thrones books or a hearty snog from David Gandy.

There would be someone out there who would pay more for these things than the prawn sandwich seats at the Championship Playoff Final. (Might not all be the same person, granted. Unless they're a Blades fan, maybe)

Giving them to someone who couldn't afford to go is a lovely gesture. So is selling them to the highest bidder and using the money for good purposes. But selling them and keeping the money isn't a bad thing either. Buying the tickets en bloc with the intention of then selling them off to the highest bidder is less pleasant, of course.

If doing something makes you a good person, not doing it doesn't necessarily make you a bad one.

FYI, technically the resale of football tickets  is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.  If someone is convicted of ticket touting at football matches under UK law, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and have a football banning order imposed upon them.

It is not illegal for concerts etc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: