blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:45:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Play-Off final ticket v Large cash amount
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Play-Off final ticket v Large cash amount  (Read 10678 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 09:58:38 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Selling the tickets at a premium to a fellow Wednesday fan is the nut worst thing to do.

Giving them away to someone who otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford to go is the nut best. You've probably done the cost in an hour on a FOBT in the past, make someone's day, feel good about yourself.
Win/win.

This.  Anyone even suggesting touting is an utter scumbag imo.  

Surely that's just a matter of opinion.

I'm not a football fan, and I don't know anything about fan etiquette, but if I had those tickets and touting them wasn't illegal (I have no idea if it is or isn't BTW) I would tout them in a heartbeat without even the slightest inkling that I was doing anything wrong.

Football may be a worthy cause, but I have several causes that I think are more worthy of spending a couple of grand on.

We're all different, we all have different priorities.

I don't think that makes me an utter scumbag.

Obviously this.

In the real world, it's no different to having really nice Kylie Minogue tickets, good seats at the next Anthony Joshua fight, X Factor final tickets, T20 Finals Day tickets, an audience with Pele, signed copies of all the Game of Thrones books or a hearty snog from David Gandy.

There would be someone out there who would pay more for these things than the prawn sandwich seats at the Championship Playoff Final. (Might not all be the same person, granted. Unless they're a Blades fan, maybe)

Giving them to someone who couldn't afford to go is a lovely gesture. So is selling them to the highest bidder and using the money for good purposes. But selling them and keeping the money isn't a bad thing either. Buying the tickets en bloc with the intention of then selling them off to the highest bidder is less pleasant, of course.

If doing something makes you a good person, not doing it doesn't necessarily make you a bad one.

FYI, technically the resale of football tickets  is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.  If someone is convicted of ticket touting at football matches under UK law, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and have a football banning order imposed upon them.

It is not illegal for concerts etc.

Does the same apply to corporate seats if it has the company's consent? Presumably, that's the situation here.

And yes of course, all my post is to be interpreted as within the confines of the law. Like RED-DOG, I was just speaking from a moral perspective.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:03:25 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 10:00:13 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Selling the tickets at a premium to a fellow Wednesday fan is the nut worst thing to do.

Giving them away to someone who otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford to go is the nut best. You've probably done the cost in an hour on a FOBT in the past, make someone's day, feel good about yourself.
Win/win.

I'm not a football fan, and I don't know anything about fan etiquette, but if I had those tickets and touting them wasn't illegal (I have no idea if it is or isn't BTW) I would tout them in a heartbeat without even the slightest inkling that I was doing anything wrong.

Football may be a worthy cause, but I have several causes that I think are more worthy of spending a couple of grand on.

Obviously this.

In the real world, it's no different to having really nice Kylie Minogue tickets, good seats at the next Anthony Joshua fight, X Factor final tickets, T20 Finals Day tickets, an audience with Pele, signed copies of all the Game of Thrones books or a hearty snog from David Gandy.

There would be someone out there who would pay more for these things than the prawn sandwich seats at the Championship Playoff Final. (Might not all be the same person, granted. Unless they're a Blades fan, maybe)

Giving them to someone who couldn't afford to go is a lovely gesture. So is selling them to the highest bidder and using the money for good purposes. But selling them and keeping the money isn't a bad thing either. Buying the tickets en bloc with the intention of then selling them off to the highest bidder is less pleasant, of course.

If doing something makes you a good person, not doing it doesn't necessarily make you a bad one.

FYI, technically the resale of football tickets  is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.  If someone is convicted of ticket touting at football matches under UK law, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and have a football banning order imposed upon them.

Yes it's illegal.

I would never sell a ticket to a fellow Wednesday fan for more than face value.

Some things are worth more than money.

I was trying to help a friend get a ticket and was offered it for £180. Told them I was not interested.

I might be in a minority but it's just not on.

At the end of the day WAWAW? Football is a tribal thing and I'm not going to shaft one of my own for a few quid.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 10:06:59 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Win/win.

Obviously this.

Yes it's illegal.

What if your daughter had been kidnapped, you had just received her ear in the post and you could sell the ticket to an eccentric millionaire for the exact ransom amount?

The older I get, the better I was.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 11:15:28 AM »

Lol @ arb.

Win/win.

Obviously this.

Yes it's illegal.

What if your daughter had been kidnapped, you had just received her ear in the post and you could sell the ticket to an eccentric millionaire for the exact ransom amount?

That's a rather contrived scenario that is so far removed from reality to be just daft.

RedDog, you would be loyal to your own wouldn't you? I might be crazy but I don't want to exploit other Wednesday fans.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 11:59:57 AM »

What Rick said.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 12:07:52 PM »

Lol @ arb.

Win/win.

Obviously this.

Yes it's illegal.

Is this your latest money making scheme? Don't get any ideas :-)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 01:43:31 PM »

Lol @ arb.

Win/win.

Obviously this.

Yes it's illegal.

That's a rather contrived scenario that is so far removed from reality to be just daft.

RedDog, you would be loyal to your own wouldn't you? I might be crazy but I don't want to exploit other Wednesday fans.

I thought it was far enough removed from reality that people would see it as a joke.

The older I get, the better I was.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 02:07:14 PM »

Lol @ arb.

Win/win.

Obviously this.

Yes it's illegal.

I thought it was far enough removed from reality that people would see it as a joke.

My bad  Cheesy
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 02:13:50 PM »

I'd never tout to a fan of the same team. Last season I had a season ticket but I couldn't make the final game of the season, which happened to be Steven Gerrard's final game for Liverpool. If I were to sell it to a fellow Stokie I'd never sell for any more than the ticket would have cost, but as soon as I found out Liverpool fans were willing to pay a premium I was more than happy to take the cash and put the money towards something useful. I have no loyalty towards Liverpool or their fans, so taking the cash was a no brainer. Maybe this makes me a scumbag, I couldn't give a shit.

edit: Actually this definitely makes me a scumbag. A scouser 5x face value to sit among the stoke fans in the boothen end and watch his team get torn apart 

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:15:55 PM by baldock92 » Logged

Feed em rice.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 08:52:15 PM »

Sell tickets to Hull fans obviously Smiley

Seriously though whole thread is just a brag on OPs part.

1. Hey I never turn up to Hillsborough but I've got 4 tickets, in fact I could of got 10. (By the way, why did you get 4, are the other 3 people going to the game?).

2. I've got a gig same night where I will make loads of £s.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 09:06:47 PM »

Sell tickets to Hull fans obviously Smiley

Seriously though whole thread is just a brag on OPs part.

1. Hey I never turn up to Hillsborough but I've got 4 tickets, in fact I could of got 10. (By the way, why did you get 4, are the other 3 people going to the game?).

2. I've got a gig same night where I will make loads of £s.

OP has a habit of these brag conundrums

In reality I think he has

1. Pub night where 3 guys rely on him to do the quiz
2. 4 tickets to the local amateur curling cup

Which looking at it now, would be a hard choice!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »

Pretty standard 'etiquette' among club fans not to sell over face value, it's how I get most tickets for my team(usually throw a drink on top)but it's an open market so if someone wants to make a quick buck its up to them wouldn't say it's a crime that bothers me much
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2016, 01:52:08 AM »

I had made the decision before I made this thread. It's fair to say that I could not have handled it any worse.

I have hired the venue in question and everything stands in my name. At this time, I've not done any research on the football and any potential play off fixture. Luckily enough I am able to get 4 tickets and glad I'm in London that weekend anyway working, assuming me opening/setting up late would not be a problem. Obviously they say it's huge and are unwilling to negotiate due to any unforeseen circumstances and breach of licensing.

I try working this round for days after & I had to conclude that I couldn't go to the football or the event wouldn't happen. I give the tickets to a family member.

Days later, after giving the tickets away, I get a ring from the club owner. He's changed his mind and as long as I'm in the nightclub an hour before opening, he will ok it. Oh great! I've not got a ticket now.

So I've had to get a ticket from elsewhere. Which has cost me a small fortune & not where I want to be.

Could have handled it better.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2016, 02:07:06 AM »

Dunno, think you've handled it well, imo.

Hope the event goes well, and the match is enjoyable.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2016, 03:05:50 AM »

Dunno, think you've handled it well, imo.

Hope the event goes well, and the match is enjoyable.

Handled it like a tit! I could have tried to handle my absence 2 weeks ago, but decided to do it after I got the tickets. D'oh. PS - thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: