blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:26:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Final table spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Final table spot  (Read 2459 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2016, 02:11:59 AM »

It's against a maniac who is the chip leader we are 2nd in chips. Feel free to be as honest  as you want!

Its like 1.1k+bounties for 1st, 6th gets £300. Maniac is pretty much playing any2 and a lot of hands.

FT -6 handed on Sky, oh btw there is a player with 40k chips.

Blinds 4k/8k, we min raise UTG with Ace 10 o/s from a 270k stack.

Villian calls UTG+1, every1 else folds. Pot 44k.

Flop: 

We Check, they bet pot 44k, we jam they call.

It's a very unusual line to take with this particular hand on this board texture, but am confident I am crushing their range.

I took this line purely based on the villain.

They won the hand with a 7 high flush draw (73) on the river. In a way i'm v happy with how I played the hand, but it was perhaps was to high variance, eg they are never folding any flush draw and could have found a better spot.

Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 04:04:58 AM »

Yeah, unlucky! Villain gonna Villain

To win at poker is to not have to play
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 05:09:37 AM »

It's against a maniac who is the chip leader we are 2nd in chips. Feel free to be as honest  as you want!

Its like 1.1k+bounties for 1st, 6th gets £300. Maniac is pretty much playing any2 and a lot of hands.

FT -6 handed on Sky, oh btw there is a player with 40k chips.

Blinds 4k/8k, we min raise UTG with Ace 10 o/s from a 270k stack.

Villian calls UTG+1, every1 else folds. Pot 44k.

Flop: 

We Check, they bet pot 44k, we jam they call.

It's a very unusual line to take with this particular hand on this board texture, but am confident I am crushing their range.

I took this line purely based on the villain.

They won the hand with a 7 high flush draw (73) on the river. In a way i'm v happy with how I played the hand, but it was perhaps was to high variance, eg they are never folding any flush draw and could have found a better spot.

What's the question exactly? Seems a little more like a diary post than a PHA, looks like you've explained why you did what you did and why you didn't do something more "standard".

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 06:56:31 AM »

Can't imagine it's ever a good idea to take a line like this vs the player who can bust you. Especially with a super shortstack at the table.

I daresay there's an ICM wizard that would tell you precisely how expensive it should be.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 12:25:53 PM »

Would you have posted this hand if you won the pot? Sure it's annoying to bust here whilst 2nd in chips if you were variance conscious then you can just chk/call flop. See a safe turn and check jam, result might be the same but you feel less shitty about it lol! Or if turn goes chk/chk you won't go busto on a heart river.

My only advice is, don't be so critical of yourself in a results oriented manner.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 01:08:18 PM »

I'd fold pre. I think exact stack sizes and player tendencies are pretty important discussing hands like this. Given how we played it, I'd check call flop and c/c,c/s blank turns.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 12:53:08 AM »

Hey everyone,

tyvm for the responses.

@David a bit of ICM suicide (!) it was indeed very costly.

Not a line that I'd normally ever take, just so unique versus this particular villain. I also in a way expected they'd be folding here a whole heep too.

Looking back though, I shouldn't be risking my stack versus this player at that time.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 05:17:14 AM »

Seems completely fine. If he has 73 then he has every axs pre as well as a bunch of off suit ax and a sprinkle of random kx too. Think he seems very unlike the kind of guy to b/f a7 here.

Wp

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: