blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Weird snow 2-7 hand with all the deuces
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weird snow 2-7 hand with all the deuces  (Read 6306 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »

Anyone play 2-7 Triple Draw?

Strange hand from the 8 game mix.

I start with three deuces and open with the plan to snow. Get three callers though.

Q1. Should we now just stick with the snow or abandon? I choose to abandon and draw 4

Q2. After first draw we hit a 5 but still only have a 2 card hand, with such a big pot should we pay $2 to draw again even though we don't complete the action?

Q3. Wow we catch the last remaining deuce, but we also have a decent 1 card draw now. Should we bet? Should we then snow or draw to try to make a hand? My plan was to draw and then bluff a lot on the end value bet wide.

Any opinions on this hand?

PokerStars Limit Triple Draw $2/$4 - 5 players

SB: $146.51
BB: $36.81
UTG: $90.66
CO: $142.38  (Hero)
Button: $117.23

Dealing Hands: ($3.00)  (5 players)
UTG folds, Hero raises to $4, Button calls $4, SB calls $3, BB calls $2

First Draw: ($16.00) (4 players)
SB discards 1, BB discards 3, Hero discards 4, Button discards 2,
  ||
SB bets $2, BB folds, Hero calls $2, Button calls $2

Second Draw: ($22.00) (3 players)
SB discards 1, Hero discards 3, Button discards 1,
  ||
SB checks, Hero bets $4, Button calls $4, SB calls $4

Third Draw: ($34.00) (3 players)
SB discards 1, Hero discards 1, Button discards 1,
  ||
SB checks, Hero bets $4, Button folds, SB calls $4

SB mucked
Hero showed , Lo: 8,7,5,4,2
Hero won $40.75
(Rake: $1.25)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 03:04:45 PM »

Love this game! Unfortunately I'm not very good at it so I don't have any idea what you "should" do, although going down this route and just making the best hand is certainly the best option :p

I think I'd just continue with the original plan and keep betting - you've just seen the BB discard 3 so he's going to find it hard to make a hand given what we're holding, and I kinda think we can just stand given that both the SB and BB have discarded, bet ourselves and see what the BTN does. Also kinda feel that going 4 ways everyone is gonna have each others blockers and be trying to draw to better hands than if we were just HU, making me more inclined to attempt to keep bluffing with our blockers.

I also think that once we open and discard 3 we can't really legitimately try and bluff again on the second draw, think we're likely to get looked up pretty light after our initial discard and it's still got to get through 2 players, which isn't horrendously different from having to get through 3 players with one having just discarded 3. Think that's a good reason to play your hand as you did after you've elected to abandon the snow.

As I said, I'm not very good at this but do really enjoy it, so if anyone does take a look at this and know what they're doing please let me know how I did?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 04:52:31 PM »

I mainly play 2-7NLSD or 2-7TD MTTs rather than cash but I find that you cant snow too often as they'll call you down a lot with 9 s or 8's, hate to think what your two foes had as you had all the deuces!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 04:54:08 PM by redsimon » Logged

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 05:22:11 PM »

First draw I'd pitch the A/T and plan around snowing from there. We can credibly rep strong hands with a 2 card draw from co and also pull some good 2 card draws (22273 etc)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 05:38:01 PM »

First draw I'd pitch the A/T and plan around snowing from there. We can credibly rep strong hands with a 2 card draw from co and also pull some good 2 card draws (22273 etc)

So you'd plan to do that even going 4 ways to the first draw?
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 05:42:01 PM »

I mainly play 2-7NLSD or 2-7TD MTTs rather than cash but I find that you cant snow too often as they'll call you down a lot with 9 s or 8's, hate to think what your two foes had as you had all the deuces!

Agree. Yeah I definitely don't plan to snow often from the start, a common way is that if I have a bunch of blocking cards/discards and end up with a straight and then turn it into a snow.

Not often I have had three deuces and possibly the second time ever I had all four of them, or maybe the first... yeah I mean, I initially assumed one of them must have had a deuce, but obviously not! Smiley
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »

So you'd plan to do that even going 4 ways to the first draw?

Yeh maybe this is too ambitious, although doubt btn and sb can ever have strong 1/2 card draws here. Agree with previous poster though that people at this lvl prob won't be folding 8/9's.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 10:40:20 PM »

Forgive me ignorance at the jargon, but is 'snow' stand pat? As in take 0 cards?

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 11:16:58 PM »

Taking no cards with the intention of bluffing later street(s).
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 04:06:35 PM »

I think i would like to discard 1 and pat if i draw an 8 or 7. Drawing lower cards i would be inclined to draw one again to hopefully collect another blocker but still pat if not. Id like to leave as many cards that will pair villain out in the deck for that littls extra fold equity. This way i see you being HU with sb. 97s should be folding and the smooth 96543 will probs call. the one 95432 combo will call. Sb looks like they are drawing to any 9 low and  at this level maybe wont fold if they make it. 

To win at poker is to not have to play
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: