blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:20:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Huds, negative win rate from bb
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Huds, negative win rate from bb  (Read 4704 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2016, 02:14:40 PM »

Just a quick question about huds. It's fascinating all the information available through a hud, I don't mean stats on other players but your own personal stats.

I've only used a hud a handful of times, but over the last few days I have played over 5k zoom hands and recorded them under the hud.

What I was wondering was, if any zoom cash players could let me know what a normal stats would be from the bb.

According to zoom over the 5k sample, which is of course a small sample, I am losing from the bb, but have positive win rates from all other positions including the sb.

Playing mostly on Sky, and without a hud, I have been totally oblivious to this.

Is it normal to lose from the bb in zoom games, or cash games in general?

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 02:44:45 PM »

Everyone loses out of the blinds. Reducing the rate you lose from these positions is one of the things that separates losing/be players and winners.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 03:31:46 PM »

Think about it this way - if you post the big blind and fold, you lose 1bb. So before you start, you're losing 100bbs per 100 hands. If you're losing any less than this, you're kinda winning (because you're doing better than if you'd just folded. You're not going to find yourself being a winner in the BB or the SB (SB same as BB but you're losing 1/2 a bb each hand, so you're losing 50bb/100).

Would say for the BB anything better than losing 40bbs/100 is decent, although to have a true idea of what your winrate looks like in this spot you'd need a way, way bigger sample than 5k hands in just that position, let alone overall.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 03:51:06 PM »

Before you are even dealt a hand your winrate from the BB will be -100bb/100 and -50bb/100 from the SB

You'll need a really huge sample to get an accurate picture since flopping a couple of sets from the blinds over 5k hands will massively skew the results. You're looking at 50k hands minimum to get a useful picture of your overall winrate and the more you filter it down the more hands you need to retain the accuracy of the data

AFAIK at six max nobody wins from the blinds, something like -36, -18 would be pretty good and -20, -10 would be crushing

Going back quite a few years when 6max winrates were much larger than they are now there were a few prop bets proposed on 2p2 about achieving positive winrates from the SB with 3/1 offered but nobody went for it

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 04:42:26 PM »

just fired up my PT for the first time in 1 yr, 600,000 hands im -28bb/100 from the BB and -20bb/100 from the SB

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 05:21:31 PM »

Memories eh Dave Smiley

Makes sense everyone, thanks.

There  was a guy on 2+2 boasting about having a positive win rate from both blinds over a large sample size, using an aggro 3 betting strategy.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 05:35:09 PM »

There  was a guy on 2+2 boasting about having a positive win rate from both blinds over a large sample size, using an aggro 3 betting strategy.

This is probably possible at small stakes zoom

The player pool will have a tendency to under-defend every street in 3bet pots and will be big enough that most won't cotton on and adjust

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: