blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:44:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blonde dead?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde dead?  (Read 20012 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2017, 09:54:46 AM »

Fear of being ridiculed stops people posting
Plus pokers harder these days there's less bragging
But some of us enjoy reading about your life and experiences without ridicule
We all have something to say bout various subjects / observations ?
God does that sound gay ??

Almost correct Tony, but it's not "fear" of being ridiculed, its just people don't particularly want to be ridiculed. We visit blonde in our recreational time, to enjoy ourselves, rather like, I suppose, folks go to a pub & meet their mates to chat & unwind after a day at work. The last thing they want is to be ridiculed & mocked, & if that happens, they don't go to the pub, or blonde, any more.

It's irony at it's very best that Aaron asks if blonde is dying, bemoans the lack of posts on Fred, then delivers a swipe at many good blondes. It's EXACTLY that which is part of the problem.

Aaron gets a lot out of blonde - see the Vegas thread for example, where he has raised many questions & Marky & others have patiently answered them all without much in the way of thanks.

There's little doubt that blonde is in it's dotage, tottering along ever more slowly, but Aaron's determination to upset so many others when he contributes so little is a shade disappointing & does not help.

Camel created Fred, & is now accused of contributing nothing to it. All of us have, or should have, learned a great deal about successful Sports Betting from Camel & the other Elders, past & present.

Can't make this stuff up.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2017, 10:15:06 AM »

brought a smile to my face this thread.

Lets all come together and #saveblonde, every week everyone has to come up with an idea and execute it.

I'll start the ball rolling, bare knuckle street fight between Aaron & Camel, live streamed exclusively on blonde, £50 to watch, proceeds go towards the #saveblonde campaign projects, like TK's tour of Uk railway stations.

My final #saveblonde for today - some inspiration for you older blondes, she's too old to be Tikay's daughter!!!

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2017, 10:21:35 AM »

Great idea Dave.

How about a Locomotive Of The Day thread?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2017, 10:26:50 AM »

Is there any chance of updates returning? This place will get huge again if they do. 

i got the updates back. between August and October last year i did three events

over a combined nine days updating there were 11 responses

one event had 1 response over three days.

one day, i even asked privately some people to post on them and ask questions to give me a shot at getting it going. got two posts

unsurprisingly, but nonetheless not something i am particularly proud of,my motivation drained away during these events. I was pretty stale.

--

moan aside, DTD have set up a spanking new update suite on their site and every weekend update their DTD200. From a team of six updaters they can sometimes use 4 over a weekend and a professional photographer. This removes the main problem there always was for a person trying to do it on their own, the crushingly long hours.

The team includes zerofive, chili and rexas and they are very good and very funny

the updates are mirrored on facebook in the DTD group for interaction and typically there are 60-100 posts per flight

I was strugglnig to find an argument as to why blonde should carry the "mirror" of these updates having been met with such a resounding rasperberry last autumn (i am sure many people will say "never knew they were on", which is down to me again))

elsewhere Phil Heald and team do a fantastic job on GUKPT and Paul Seaton does a lot of other events. He's very talented   

so a) whilst i have always regarded updates as important and indeed where blonde first became known, i don't think these days it would mean "becoming huge again"

b) the update market has moved on. providers themsleves do them, resourced properly and done well

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2017, 10:40:01 AM »

Funny thing is Aaron trolls us and we all bite Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2017, 11:07:41 AM »

4 pages tho.......

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2017, 11:09:19 AM »

Great idea Dave.

How about a Locomotive Of The Day thread?

Every day a new Locomotive?

Can the servers handle it?

#blondegoesloco

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2017, 11:09:33 AM »

That fear/not wanting to be ridiculed stance is rhubarb. So everybody uses twitter/fb instead of Blonde because that's the way life is these days...what and twitter/fb is some kinda save haven where nobody gets ridiculed? The most successful threads on blonde or social media are when there's a scandal. Maybe not the most pleasant but definitely the most commercially successful. I think Aaron has always been a strong poster in that regard, stimulates reaction. The fella puts a couple of words down, makes camel more angry than ever before, brings a smile to my face, people criticise, thread hits 4 pages. As usual nobody died here and yet is criticised for stimulating people out of their slumber? Can't make that shit up tbh!

The reality is that when something teeters upon the unsuccessful people make excuses, we are victims of circumstance, boo hoo, what can we do? I see it all the time. In these times people need to grab the bull by the horns, reinvent, see opportunity, be pioneers, control what they can control not moan about what they can't.  

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2017, 11:11:23 AM »

btw who else wanted to register interest in ass rip staking this year?

I got 5% in blonde dead stake....

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2017, 11:12:54 AM »

Christine Brinkley's nipples are poking through her top Mantis, I'm not after a fucking medal but I did have to go to page 2 on google images to find that so nod of appreciation would be nice.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2017, 11:13:36 AM »

where's woodsey when you need him ffs

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2017, 11:16:03 AM »

Christine Brinkley's nipples are poking through her top Mantis, I'm not after a fucking medal but I did have to go to page 2 on google images to find that so nod of appreciation would be nice.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2017, 11:16:57 AM »

You won't see too much out of Woodsey until his pension goes tits Smiley

Posts very good pics of holidays and jaunts, though.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2017, 11:19:34 AM »

Right here sunshine, can't beat a bit of making camels blood vessels close to bursting, that's always fun but I was just smiling from afar  Smiley
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2017, 11:21:55 AM »

Right here sunshine, can't beat a bit of making camels blood vessels close to bursting, that's always fun but I was just smiling from afar  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: