blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:42:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 195913 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 17, 2018, 04:41:57 PM »

falsely accusing you of stuff?

no idea what you mean.

think you had better get off that high horse (for once)

Did you not recently accuse me of being antagonistic towards Betting Emporium in a post I made in the lead-up to Cheltenham?

Your accusation was totally baseless and laughed at by plenty in posts on tft yet you never retracted it in a post or by PM.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 17, 2018, 04:46:38 PM »

no idea what you mean.

Did you not recently accuse me of being antagonistic towards Betting Emporium in a post I made in the lead-up to Cheltenham?

Your accusation was totally baseless and laughed at by plenty in posts on tft yet you never retracted it in a post or by PM.

oh ok

in my defence i didn't think it was false and still don't. so therefore never once considered retracting privately or publically and still don't, which is my right

you've consistently been negative (often veiled and sly,i accept ) on BE and myself over various matters. that is also your right.

one of those agree to disagree situations, therefore

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 17, 2018, 04:59:50 PM »

no idea what you mean.

oh ok

in my defence i didn't think it was false and still don't. so therefore never once considered retracting privately or publically and still don't, which is my right

you've consistently been negative (often veiled and sly,i accept ) on BE and myself over various matters. that is also your right.

one of those agree to disagree situations, therefore

There you go again accusing me of "veiled and sly" negativity towards BE with absolutely no evidence.

It's no wonder you've never lost an argument(in your own head that is) in twelve years on this forum as you simply make up your own phantom evidence.

Examples of my "veiled and sly negativity" please or I would like an apology for that and the many other false accusations over the years.

Anyhow on the subject of your plentiful golf knowledge, do you remember during the Ryder Cup when I tactfully PM'd you to advise you of the difference between fourballs and foursomes as you kept using the wrong terminology - thinking that "better-ball" meant foursomes - or has that been conveniently forgotten?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 17, 2018, 05:04:15 PM »

i am not going to search back through past posts. life is too short. nor have there been "the many other false accusations over the years." so even if you disagree with me onmany issues which is fine lets not exaggerate.

as to foursomes/fourballs i don't recall. if you did, thank you. always a man with our best interests at heart.

My eyes are open wide
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #484 on: June 17, 2018, 05:07:46 PM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: June 17, 2018, 05:14:04 PM »

Actually think Phil cheated and should have been disqualified.

What if he had ran around and hit the ball when it was two inches past the hole and holed it? Just because he was ten foot past makes no difference. They only gave him a two shot penalty because he four putted and he's Phil Mickleson.

Personally I think he should have a huge ban.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:17:18 PM by Rubbish2407 » Logged

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 17, 2018, 05:16:09 PM »

i am not going to search back through past posts. life is too short. nor have there been "the many other false accusations over the years." so even if you disagree with me onmany issues which is fine lets not exaggerate.

as to foursomes/fourballs i don't recall. if you did, thank you. always a man with our best interests at heart.

Typical. You make false accusations but can't back them up, and when I quote an actual example all you can offer is a snide remark.

You're not even man enough to apologize, admit you might have been mistaken, or retract them as that might count as losing an argument.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 17, 2018, 05:18:48 PM »

Typical. You make false accusations but can't back them up, and when I quote an actual example all you can offer is a snide remark.

You're not even man enough to apologize, admit you might have been mistaken, or retract them as that might count as losing an argument.

I am not prepared to search back through 20,245 posts of yours.

that's all. I know that means you can impugn me and hold a grudge but so be it

Have a nice evening, enjoy the golf. happy for you to have the last word if you wish.

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 17, 2018, 09:05:51 PM »

I'm over 40 and don't give a toss in terms of spirit of the game etc, truly great comic moment.

Obvious though and I'm sure Mickelson would have accepted it quite readily - like, literally no way he calculated along the lines if I i do this I'll get 2 shots. He just lost it completely, should have paid the penalty and move on with a quick apology for losing it.

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 17, 2018, 09:13:00 PM »

I'm over 40 and don't give a toss in terms of spirit of the game etc, truly great comic moment.

Obvious though and I'm sure Mickelson would have accepted it quite readily - like, literally no way he calculated along the lines if I i do this I'll get 2 shots. He just lost it completely, should have paid the penalty and move on with a quick apology for losing it.

Exactly this.

A desperate man sick of getting beat up, tantamount to throwing his club.

Not some of the stupid OTT comments I have read here.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 17, 2018, 09:55:22 PM »

It's a bit of an odd rule.  The penalty doesn't apply if the ball starts to move during the stroke, so that implies that the ball must be moving before the player starts their stroke -  ie exactly the situation on the 13th yesterday.

In any case the USGA did a greater disservice to the game than Mickleson by creating absurd and unfair playing conditions.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 17, 2018, 10:09:52 PM »

It's a bit of an odd rule.  The penalty doesn't apply if the ball starts to move during the stroke, so that implies that the ball must be moving before the player starts their stroke -  ie exactly the situation on the 13th yesterday.

In any case the USGA did a greater disservice to the game than Mickleson by creating absurd and unfair playing conditions.

That really is quite odd because it would stretch the imagination to think the rule was made to apply to the kind of circumstance yesterday

sola virtus nobilitat
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 17, 2018, 10:26:08 PM »

Probably not, but I'm struggling to imagine the specific circumstances where the rule would apply ie that the ball has to be moving before the stroke starts?  Perhaps the player takes his stance, the ball begins to move and he still hits it?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 17, 2018, 10:47:57 PM »

Not sure they created them, as they were ok in the morning, which was when they were in control(greens/pin placements etc), ask Berger, Finau or even Barnrat. They played the same day/same course etc

We have talked numerous times about placing bets based on weather conditions in morning and afternoon. Wind got up, course dried out. No different, but it affected the top boys.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 17, 2018, 11:26:58 PM »

well done with koepka, ralph!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: