blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 195871 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: October 12, 2018, 08:39:15 AM »

British Masters yesterday, Walton Heath

Fleetwood, part of Europe's victorious Ryder Cup team earlier this month, produced a freak shot on the opening day.

The 27-year-old's tee-shot on the par-three 17th finished in a cup holder in a buggy which had been parked to the left of the green.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 12, 2018, 01:54:49 PM »

Was flicking around the sports channels the last couple of days and came across a few things where they seem to be making a big effort to enliven golf in some ways and make the players seem interesting.

I admire the incredible skill level of top flight golfers but this is really fighting a losing battle. Golf is fundamentally boring (unless you play) and it's extremely dull and tedious listening to a pro golfer talk about the game and it doesn't matter how much the presenter or pundit laughs and tries to have hilarious bantz with them.

The more they try the narrower the audience I would think. If people don't enjoy the ebb and flow of pro-golf then I doubt they'll get excited by a bunch of bores, being boorish, watching bores trying to land it on a pontoon in a river.

sola virtus nobilitat
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 12, 2018, 08:26:43 PM »

Was flicking around the sports channels the last couple of days and came across a few things where they seem to be making a big effort to enliven golf in some ways and make the players seem interesting.

I admire the incredible skill level of top flight golfers but this is really fighting a losing battle. Golf is fundamentally boring (unless you play) and it's extremely dull and tedious listening to a pro golfer talk about the game and it doesn't matter how much the presenter or pundit laughs and tries to have hilarious bantz with them.

The more they try the narrower the audience I would think. If people don't enjoy the ebb and flow of pro-golf then I doubt they'll get excited by a bunch of bores, being boorish, watching bores trying to land it on a pontoon in a river.

A little harsh, sir.

Have you been at the 19th for a couple of hours?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 13, 2018, 03:56:24 AM »

A little harsh, sir.

Have you been at the 19th for a couple of hours?

Haha, pre-drinks, not quite sure now why it wound me up so much

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 21, 2018, 12:13:59 PM »

Watching the Euro golf and was shocked to see the once potentially top class Bernt Cheesberger looks like having to go back to tour school.

Not sure if he is/has been injured, but either way shows how brutal it can be at the top level when you have a bad season or two.

Other familiar names battling too, very surprising.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 21, 2018, 12:19:13 PM »

Watching the Euro golf and was shocked to see the once potentially top class Bernt Cheesberger looks like having to go back to tour school.

Not sure if he is/has been injured, but either way shows how brutal it can be at the top level when you have a bad season or two.

Yeah agreed, it’s not that long ago he was standout most weeks in the 33/1 range. It’s Lucas now, were you on?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 21, 2018, 01:44:50 PM »

Yeah agreed, it’s not that long ago he was standout most weeks in the 33/1 range. It’s Lucas now, were you on?

Indeedy. My golf betting consists of a couple of weekly cliffs either side of the Atlantic, plus a weekly form choice or two.

The cliffs are

Beergarden. Van Rooyen over here this year

Hossler/Burgoon and Ancer from mid season on PGA

All look to be players of the future and hoping 1 or 2 catch in the next few months before their ever increasing consistency is reflected in the price. Despite a couple of nice ew tickles, Lucas has kept me afloat this golf season

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 24, 2018, 06:48:02 PM »

Always nice when your cliff-players win.

I'm a big fan of the talented youngster Angel Yin who blew up from a promising position one off the lead going into the final round last week.

I'm taking her to make up for that this week in Taiwan - 100/1 EW 1-5 looks tasty to me.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 02, 2018, 07:55:59 AM »

It didnt look overly changeable. However, if ever there was a first day bias it must have been yesterday in Turkey. All the early starters today are in the bottom half of the field. Most unusual.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 02, 2018, 08:59:38 AM »

It didnt look overly changeable. However, if ever there was a first day bias it must have been yesterday in Turkey. All the early starters today are in the bottom half of the field. Most unusual.

It’s just a format change. They’re playing the usual weekend format (leaders out last) from today.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 02, 2018, 11:26:22 AM »

It’s just a format change. They’re playing the usual weekend format (leaders out last) from today.

Ah. Stand corrected.

Had to say, didnt notice it the play yesterday. Cheers

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 12, 2018, 09:56:13 AM »

The caddie of the winner of a Tour event usually gets a high-five, a slap on the back, or even a hug from his player, but rarely a kiss.

Lee Westwood had his girlfriend on his bag yesterday, & somehow conjured a miraculous win after shooting low on the final round & outpacing Garcia &   Oosthuizen in the process.

It was his first European Tour win in 4 years, & he was pretty emotional afterwards.

Delighted for him.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:00:56 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #627 on: November 12, 2018, 12:33:36 PM »

The caddie of the winner of a Tour event usually gets a high-five, a slap on the back, or even a hug from his player, but rarely a kiss.

Lee Westwood had his girlfriend on his bag yesterday, & somehow conjured a miraculous win after shooting low on the final round & outpacing Garcia &   Oosthuizen in the process.

It was his first European Tour win in 4 years, & he was pretty emotional afterwards.

Delighted for him.

Reminds me of is a seaside village near Bideford in Devon.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 12, 2018, 12:53:05 PM »

Delighted for him.

Reminds me of is a seaside village near Bideford in Devon.

Took me a while, but I got there eventually.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 12, 2018, 05:54:59 PM »

Steve Palmer from the RP has been having it right off the last few months!

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: