blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 195910 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 24, 2019, 07:47:00 PM »

Both Dustin and Rory stretching the rule book to its very limit.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 24, 2019, 07:55:12 PM »

De Chambeau

Fleetwood

Woods

Matsuyama

Wise.

Had to drop Speith from my Team, replaced him with Woods, might not be the brightest move.

BetFred would not allow me to bet EW on the 2 longest priced ones.

Almost missed this gem.   They let you take bad each way bets, but not good each way bets?   Were these bets all at once, or one at a time?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 24, 2019, 08:21:29 PM »

De Chambeau

Fleetwood

Woods

Matsuyama

Wise.

Had to drop Speith from my Team, replaced him with Woods, might not be the brightest move.

Almost missed this gem.   They let you take bad each way bets, but not good each way bets?   Were these bets all at once, or one at a time?

Yup.

I placed them all at once.

Looks like they were all bad bets the way it's panning out.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 24, 2019, 08:57:06 PM »

De Chambeau

Fleetwood

Woods

Matsuyama

Wise.

Almost missed this gem.   They let you take bad each way bets, but not good each way bets?   Were these bets all at once, or one at a time?

Yup.

I placed them all at once.

Looks like they were all bad bets the way it's panning out.....

results orientated.

That seems so bad.  If you have done a spread of each way bets; some bad, some good; surely they should take them all and not select againat you.  So if betfair says De Chambeau place should be 3/1 and not the 5/2 you took, they don't get fussy when you took 8/1 on a 7/1 place on another bet.   If they were one at a time, I could understand it a bit more, as the computer just sees one bet and decides it is bad.  But hey, it is betfred.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 24, 2019, 09:28:46 PM »

Absolutly no way Rory should have got a drop earlier. The referee was right was right to question his shot choice.

However I'm not sure was worthy of a drop either, he seemed to manipulate his stance and set up to get closer to the path. I also don't think he'd have been hitting the ball at the angle he set up to either, he was almost hitting it back down the fairway towards the tee box. The referee did not question 's shot choice at all.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 24, 2019, 09:37:46 PM »

Absolutly no way Rory should have got a drop earlier. The referee was right was right to question his shot choice.

However I'm not sure DJ was worthy of a drop either, he seemed to manipulate his stance and set up to get closer to the path. I also don't think he'd have been hitting the ball at the angle he set up to either, he was almost hitting it back down the fairway towards the tee box. The referee did not question DJ's shot choice at all.

Agree with all that, neither deserved a drop IMO.

Bit sad to hear the commentators eulogising both players, "they both have great integrity and would never bend the rules". Yuk.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 24, 2019, 10:34:33 PM »

The standard was set a couple of years ago when Bubba Watson, who was in a bush, was given relief because there was an animal burrow in his way if he chose to hit the ball backwards by striking through the bush.

Given that standard Rory was perfectly entitled to ask for a drop and the referee was not entitled to question his shot choice.

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 24, 2019, 10:58:19 PM »

Had Rory been a different player who was comfortable putting more pressure on the referee he'd 100% have got that drop. Someone like Mickelson or Garcia would've got a drop there i think.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 27, 2019, 07:27:54 PM »

I'm going with Webb Simpson @27, and Matt Wallace @66/1(ew 1-8) in The Honda Classic.

In The LPGA Handa Women's Championship in Malaysia Angel Yin is an autobet @125/1 ew - I'm convinced she's going to win soon.

GL all who play.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 07:31:03 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 28, 2019, 01:03:58 PM »

Cameron Smith 25/1  1/5 1-8

The Rat 66/1  1/5 1-6
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 28, 2019, 02:27:05 PM »

No time to rail any golf with the weights just coming out, so good luck, gents!

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 02, 2019, 07:50:21 AM »

Over to you Ralph glglgl
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 02, 2019, 08:10:49 PM »

Over to you Ralph glglgl

They fell in the damn bear-trap unfortunately Sad

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 03, 2019, 04:13:25 PM »

My go-to man Brooks Koepka has been entrusted with the get-out stakes @7/1.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 05, 2019, 05:06:58 PM »

I think 100/1 Champ looks more than fair this week. His game sets up well for Bay Hill and the field is on the wean side, with The Players coming up.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: