blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:19:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 198039 times)
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: July 22, 2019, 01:48:24 PM »

All this JB finger pointing misses one crucial point for me, it's his turn to hit and he can use his time however he wants. If Keopka or other players think he plays too slow for their liking then it's those players that have the issue. Complaining that someone plays slower than you want them to just looks like arrogance to me.

I think the problem here is that he is using more than his expected time to hit his shot.  The PGA Tour and other professional tours have specific time rules. On the PGA Tour, players are advised to have 40 seconds to hit a shot from when it's their turn. That means, after the preceding player's shot stops at its resting place.  Players like Koepka are frustrated that officials seem lax on awarding penalties for slow play.

BTW, 40 seconds to hit your shot when it is your turn is plenty of time.

When a 2 ball takes 5 hours for a round which regularly happens on the PGA tour something is very wrong.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 22, 2019, 02:09:06 PM »

All this JB finger pointing misses one crucial point for me, it's his turn to hit and he can use his time however he wants. If Keopka or other players think he plays too slow for their liking then it's those players that have the issue. Complaining that someone plays slower than you want them to just looks like arrogance to me.

I think the problem here is that he is using more than his expected time to hit his shot.  The PGA Tour and other professional tours have specific time rules. On the PGA Tour, players are advised to have 40 seconds to hit a shot from when it's their turn. That means, after the preceding player's shot stops at its resting place.  Players like Koepka are frustrated that officials seem lax on awarding penalties for slow play.

When a 2 ball takes 5 hours for a round which regularly happens on the PGA tour something is very wrong.

I agree with what you say but it's not JB's fault that the officials are not using these rules and if they did then there would be about 100 players a week that were deemed too slow. I think that clip from yesterday was when JB had hit it into a bush and had to get an official over to advise him. So Keopka would have been waiting for JB a long time there as he was running up a score on that hole.

Keopka plays fast and JB plays slower, why does Keopka think he has a right to call out players because they don't play at a pace he wants them to as he has done in the past?

A couple of weeks ago Kuch was trying it on trying to get a drop from the middle of the FW in a ridiculous angle shooting episode. Think it took over 10 minutes before the third official he had spoken to told him he had to play the ball where it was. The exact same advice he had been given by the first official. I don't remember Keopka or Fowler who was in the same 3 ball as Kuch complaining about slow play there. So there are double standards galore in complaining about some players but not others.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 22, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »

On the saturday round Holmes was a full hole behind very early in the round.  He did catch up mostly by the end, but don't think he was warned when he fell behind as it would have been commented on. 
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 22, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »

The women on the LPGA tour are almost all ridiculously slow and I can't remember a single instance of a warning for slow play.

JB Holmes must be a pain to play with; remember what he did to Alex Noren a couple of years ago in the final 3-ball.

The amount of time he took to play his opening iron-shot from the first tee yesterday was already verging on the ridiculous.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 22, 2019, 05:05:14 PM »

I agree with what you say but it's not JB's fault that the officials are not using these rules and if they did then there would be about 100 players a week that were deemed too slow. I think that clip from yesterday was when JB had hit it into a bush and had to get an official over to advise him. So Keopka would have been waiting for JB a long time there as he was running up a score on that hole.

Keopka plays fast and JB plays slower, why does Keopka think he has a right to call out players because they don't play at a pace he wants them to as he has done in the past?

A couple of weeks ago Kuch was trying it on trying to get a drop from the middle of the FW in a ridiculous angle shooting episode. Think it took over 10 minutes before the third official he had spoken to told him he had to play the ball where it was. The exact same advice he had been given by the first official. I don't remember Keopka or Fowler who was in the same 3 ball as Kuch complaining about slow play there. So there are double standards galore in complaining about some players but not others.

Gotta say, I think when Brooks mentions the bit about, he doesn't put his glove on until its his turn, is sort of indicative of his type of slow play. Very much like the average golfer who never thinks about where he ditches his trolley in relation to the next tee, then has to walk all the way back to the front of the green, then all the way round, after putting out. He may think he walks quick between shots and doesn't take much time hitting the ball, however, he slows the game down. Its just common sense to be aware of things in your control.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 23, 2019, 10:54:20 PM »

It's The Evian Championship this week for the LPGA, one of the five majors.

I'm on Inbee Park @18/1, Nasa Hataoka @55/1, and Angel Yin @175/1, all 1/4 1-5.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 24, 2019, 08:42:48 AM »

All in on Rory.

Lets see if the jolt of last week has made a man of him with some cold hard cash at 10-1.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 24, 2019, 12:47:51 PM »

I think the problem here is that he is using more than his expected time to hit his shot.  The PGA Tour and other professional tours have specific time rules. On the PGA Tour, players are advised to have 40 seconds to hit a shot from when it's their turn. That means, after the preceding player's shot stops at its resting place.  Players like Koepka are frustrated that officials seem lax on awarding penalties for slow play.

Gotta say, I think when Brooks mentions the bit about, he doesn't put his glove on until its his turn, is sort of indicative of his type of slow play. Very much like the average golfer who never thinks about where he ditches his trolley in relation to the next tee, then has to walk all the way back to the front of the green, then all the way round, after putting out. He may think he walks quick between shots and doesn't take much time hitting the ball, however, he slows the game down. Its just common sense to be aware of things in your control.

I do think the glove part might annoy me too Adz, tho I assume that's all part of Holmes pre shot routine which just sticks to and the glove on is the start of that routine. Putting a glove on takes a second or 2 tho so it's not really contributing a lot to time taken.

Can't remember which player it was but think it was a non US player who had a pre shot routine a few years ago that involved 4-5 swings of the golf club holding the head and swinging the club upside down. Think it was something about getting the club going thru the ball and completing the follow thru in full.

That would be weirder and more time consuming than putting a glove on for me. According to Brooks interview afterwards they were on time with the group ahead until early on the back 9. From the 11th hole onward Holmes made a triple bogey, 3 double bogeys and two bogeys. During that spell of bad holes Keopka was tapping his watch at the official walking with that group.

WTF does Keopka think he is in that spot?  My first thought is there is abs no way in the world he even mentions slow play if it was someone he was close to. He seems to have created this persona that he is going to call players out for slow play, so he now thinks he has to call players out for slow play. If I were in JB's shoes and seen him tapping his watch at the officials when I was going thru a spell of +11 thru 8 holes I would be telling him to mind his own business and **** off ;o)

Woods, Rose and Bryson  De'crazy were put on the clock a couple of weeks ago. Abs no way in the world Keopka is going to mention that or call those players out in public.

Hope you are well bud.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 24, 2019, 01:10:58 PM »

^^^^^

Lol @ "De'crazy"

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 24, 2019, 02:01:35 PM »

I think the problem here is that he is using more than his expected time to hit his shot.  The PGA Tour and other professional tours have specific time rules. On the PGA Tour, players are advised to have 40 seconds to hit a shot from when it's their turn. That means, after the preceding player's shot stops at its resting place.  Players like Koepka are frustrated that officials seem lax on awarding penalties for slow play.

I do think the glove part might annoy me too Adz, tho I assume that's all part of Holmes pre shot routine which just sticks to and the glove on is the start of that routine. Putting a glove on takes a second or 2 tho so it's not really contributing a lot to time taken.

Can't remember which player it was but think it was a non US player who had a pre shot routine a few years ago that involved 4-5 swings of the golf club holding the head and swinging the club upside down. Think it was something about getting the club going thru the ball and completing the follow thru in full.

That would be weirder and more time consuming than putting a glove on for me. According to Brooks interview afterwards they were on time with the group ahead until early on the back 9. From the 11th hole onward Holmes made a triple bogey, 3 double bogeys and two bogeys. During that spell of bad holes Keopka was tapping his watch at the official walking with that group.

WTF does Keopka think he is in that spot?  My first thought is there is abs no way in the world he even mentions slow play if it was someone he was close to. He seems to have created this persona that he is going to call players out for slow play, so he now thinks he has to call players out for slow play. If I were in JB's shoes and seen him tapping his watch at the officials when I was going thru a spell of +11 thru 8 holes I would be telling him to mind his own business and **** off ;o)

Woods, Rose and Bryson  De'crazy were put on the clock a couple of weeks ago. Abs no way in the world Keopka is going to mention that or call those players out in public.

Hope you are well bud.

All fair and valid points mate.

All good here, a Lil crazy too, but give you a bell v soon for a catch up!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 25, 2019, 12:09:01 PM »

Small interest bets on Hatton and Kisner in the Fedex St Jude both ~100/1

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 25, 2019, 10:13:49 PM »

All in on Rory.

Lets see if the jolt of last week has made a man of him with some cold hard cash at 10-1.

Gone at the game.

Sure he will pop up somewhere but he should be 50s plus and anyone taking less is more stupid than me backing him this week.lol

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 25, 2019, 10:55:18 PM »

All in on Rory.

Gone at the game.

Sure he will pop up somewhere but he should be 50s plus and anyone taking less is more stupid than me backing him this week.lol

timing tho.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 26, 2019, 07:29:12 AM »

All in on Rory.

Gone at the game.

timing tho.

All about the reverse bok.

Long way to go tho. I'm still not convinced.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 27, 2019, 08:56:35 PM »

Radar dressed as Elvis talking us through 13. Priceless.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: