blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:48:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Manchester Arena bombing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester Arena bombing  (Read 71079 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 03:09:59 PM »

Oh like there's another group in the world capable of killing innocent children at a pop concert by suicide bomber is there?

Americans have got a pretty strong record in mass killings of innocent people.

Just let it play out.  The killer is likely to be a moron regardless.

was just about to type this.

it always amazes me how many people it turns out I know or interact with that are deep down clearly bigoted and ignorant/possibly just very racist.  yet it takes so little to bring it out in them.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 03:18:24 PM »

Oh like there's another group in the world capable of killing innocent children at a pop concert by suicide bomber is there?
I think the IRA have form for blowing up innocents but they're white and Catholic so it's Ok.

The IRA never targetted apop concert where the vast majority of those in attendance were kids. 

And being Catholic had nothing to do with it, don't be fooled into believing the lies of the establishment media. 

Catholics were not responsible for the RA just like Muslims are not responsible for ISIS and Al Quaeda.
My point here being that terrorists by definition target the innocent. So whether it's Manchester,Warrington,London Underground or Eniskillen, it's all reprehensible. People seem to have forgotten how much pain and misery the IRA caused so I find it laughable when people say ban Islam,ban Muslims and knock down Mosques. By that reckoning, there should be no Catholics or Catholic Churches in Britain because of the IRA. But that would be stupid but OK to inflict on Muslims. I despair sometimes.

I'm in agreement with you and I am definitely not in the camp of banning muslims or Islam.  But you seem to be very lazy in your analysis. 

The IRA rightly or wrongly were widely condemned by the Catholic Church. 

It is very seldom that faith leaders from the Muslim faith come out and condone these terrorists. 

Incidentally, there was a political goal that the IRA were trying to achieve, and granted  they done a lot wrong.  By god did they do wrong, but causing mass casualties was to the best of my knowledge never the plan.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 04:03:18 PM »

Americans have got a pretty strong record in mass killings of innocent people.

Just let it play out.  The killer is likely to be a moron regardless.

was just about to type this.

it always amazes me how many people it turns out I know or interact with that are deep down clearly bigoted and ignorant/possibly just very racist.  yet it takes so little to bring it out in them.

Big +1.

Best Bitter.
hummuspie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 04:05:31 PM »

Taken from Facebook

If you're going to use what happened last night in Manchester an opportunity to spread vitriol and try to divide this amazing city by way of colour or religion, I'd like to point you in the direction of all the Muslim doctors and nurses who worked through to daylight caring for those who had been hurt, to the Asian taxi drivers who suspended all charges helping people get out of the city, to the Black security staff around the M.E.N Arena who risked their own lives to make sure everyone else was safe before they left the area themselves. This is a city built on diversity, a city that embraces and grows alongside the cultures that form in it. But more importantly this is Home. We won't be divided.

I am a british muslim who lives close to Manchester.  No doubt we will all be tarred with the same brush again, thats already clear judging by what I have seen on social media today.  

To anyone who generalises, get to know a real muslim first - I am happy to meet anyone on here for tea and a sticky bun

You realise that being white is also a race, how about those wonderful doctors/nurse/taxi drivers/security guards that just did their jobs too. Your quote starts by not wanting to divide the city by race then compliments select racial groups only for doing what any other normal human being would do.

If anything your quote is actually stereotyping racial groups!

Apologies if it came out like that mate, of course, that wasn't my intention at all. In this day and age where Muslims will no doubt be targeted in the aftermath, (look at the airtime given to Katie Hopkins today for example), was highlighting that even Muslims were involved. There are still those out there who think we (the whole Muslim population) support these satanic actions.

Peace and love - one humanity
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 05:33:38 PM »

It's beyond comprehension that people do this sort of stuff - I wonder what the buzz is?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40018189

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2017, 05:44:31 PM »

It's beyond comprehension that people do this sort of stuff - I wonder what the buzz is?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40018189

Sickos.  Very poor taste.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2017, 06:35:34 PM »

Easier said than done. As already said, lots of people are "known" to the security services. 99% plus would never do something like this.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2017, 06:54:10 PM »

Sadly I am notsurprised by the number of clowns that are racist. You always get a sense for them and normally events like this is when they appear full throttle. 

What has amazed me, are the number of folk I know who class themselves as Irish Republicans calling for a return to internment.

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2017, 07:07:38 PM »

exstream-ist
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 07:14:35 PM »

Do these Muslim countries have churches or other places of worship over there
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2017, 07:33:16 PM »

Is there a particular country you are thinking of? 
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2017, 07:36:53 PM »

Is there a particular country you are thinking of? 

muslimland....

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2017, 08:17:44 PM »

what ever countries are mainly muslim religion innit
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2017, 08:31:19 PM »

im guessing muslim dominated countries dont even allow churches or christians lol
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2017, 08:34:44 PM »

muslimland....

what ever countries are mainly muslim religion innit
im guessing muslim dominated countries dont even allow churches or christians lol

Given what has happened how about lowering the jovial tone and flippant remarks  ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: