blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Manchester Arena bombing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester Arena bombing  (Read 70441 times)
hummuspie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2017, 09:05:30 PM »

im guessing muslim dominated countries dont even allow churches or christians lol

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins

you two should hook up
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2017, 09:39:53 PM »

Awful, just awful.

But what I can not believe, is the fact that bags & bodies have not been checked. What on earth? Working in events myself, this is out main aim. You aren't getting into the nightclub without a body search & a bag check. This was exactly the same at the football last week with 32,000 fans. No check whatsoever.

If you take the attitude of "it'll never happen to us" with your security checks, then be rest assured, it will happen sooner rather than later.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2017, 09:48:25 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2017, 10:01:30 PM »

Awful, just awful.

But what I can not believe, is the fact that bags & bodies have not been checked. What on earth? Working in events myself, this is out main aim. You aren't getting into the nightclub without a body search & a bag check. This was exactly the same at the football last week with 32,000 fans. No check whatsoever.

If you take the attitude of "it'll never happen to us" with your security checks, then be rest assured, it will happen sooner rather than later.

He wasn't searched because he entered the venue after the performance had finished, when everyone was leaving.

Obvious tactic when you have hindsight, but aftertiming is easy now.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2017, 10:05:49 PM »

im guessing muslim dominated countries dont even allow churches or christians lol

https://www.bowlandcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77387

On the off chance you're actually trying to educate yourself rather than make snarky self congratulatory remarks about a terrorist attack.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2017, 10:11:06 PM »

i was indeed
found this link https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2015/jul/27/where-in-the-world-is-it-worst-place-to-be-a-christian
differs a lot from the one you shared
hummuspie

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2017, 10:16:28 PM »

no ones biting fella, only showing yourself up

One Love
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2017, 10:37:16 PM »

Awful, just awful.

He wasn't searched because he entered the venue after the performance had finished, when everyone was leaving.

If you listen to the reports, people have said how lapse the security was. This included no bag or body checks.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2017, 10:44:47 PM »

Awful, just awful.

If you listen to the reports, people have said how lapse the security was. This included no bag or body checks.

It doesn't matter.

Have you ever been at any sort of event (apart from football matches to keep rival fans apart) with security after it has finished?

Was clearly targeted as a weak point of security at major events.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2017, 11:52:13 PM »

Awful, just awful.

It doesn't matter.

Have you ever been at any sort of event (apart from football matches to keep rival fans apart) with security after it has finished?

Was clearly targeted as a weak point of security at major events.

I've been to around 10 events at the arena in last year from boxing, to comedy, to concerts.  Searched every time and never saw a person not.

I can believe they didn't pat down children perhaps but severely doubt it was lax at the door. As Keith said. It's a weak spot.  Perhaps keep the dogs around after the show. Plus don't let people into foyer etc etc. Very hard to ever prevent this type of thing
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2017, 12:58:33 AM »

just got to ban religion in this country and section any crazies that believe, easy
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2017, 06:51:34 AM »

just got to ban religion in this country and section any crazies that believe, easy

You make it blatantly obvious that you don't need to be religious to be crazy

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2017, 08:53:06 AM »

Had a similar discussion on Facebook a year ago, if you look at global historical atrocities and see what %  especially in modern days, are committed in the act of religion it's staggeringly low. 

If you were then to filter out the religious terrorist acts not genuinely committed for religious reasons you'd find the overall figure not even making a tiny percentage of a tiny percentage. Is just a metric for propaganda, if not religion then it would be something else.

Is easy to take for granted, but the freedom to believe, think, say and do what you want is one that is relatively new to us...to Just "ban" one of these freedoms would hugely disrespect the tens of millions of people who died for them.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2017, 08:59:23 AM »

It's beyond comprehension that people do this sort of stuff - I wonder what the buzz is?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40018189

Sickos.  Very poor taste.

There is loads of this all over facebook.  People setting up fake condolence sites for "friends" just to generate followers and likes.  I expect there are a fair few fake gofundme pages by now too.  A fair few scumbags in the World. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2017, 09:04:28 AM »

Theresa May says UK threat level raised to Critical - meaning a new attack is expected imminently (last time that high, June 2007)

PM also announces Operation Temperer has been enacted - allowing police to call on immediate help of 5,000 troops

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: