blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:28:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Manchester Arena bombing
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester Arena bombing  (Read 70916 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2017, 12:47:02 AM »

With lots of people up and down the country experiencing these diving communities I talked about in a previous post, its only natural for a figure like Tommy Robinson to emerge. He has a growing following of 500,000 on facebook and 295000 on twitter. I know many of them will be mindless  "send them all back" racist thugs, but there will also be lots of level headed people who can also see the worrying side of islam in britain.

For sure yeah, and like him or hate him , Tommy Robinson represents the views of quite a large # of people, and saying anyone who supports some of his points are racists would be equally as intolerant as saying that all Muslims are the problem. Quite a big responsibility falls to a person like Tommy Robinson because he actually can make a big difference. He says in 2014 he's turning away from activism and is focusing on dialogue, bringing non-radical british muslims and white british communities together. I can't say for sure but I don't know how much he's actually done that and how much was just hot air...he has a lot of influence

Tommy Robinson has been labelled racist a few times in this thread and apparently his motives are driven by intolerance and hate. The march in Manchester was a peacful march AGAINST hate and was attended by people from all sorts of different backgrounds.  The only troubled caused at this march was by the loony lefties who didn't have a clue. 2 very interesting videos from the march.

Sort of disagree with this to be honest. Did you ever play that game as a kid where you'd hold your hand so close to someones face without touching whilst saying "not touching can't get annoyed" the EDL should be allowed to march wherever they want but the reality is they know the trouble is causes and I really can't help but feel like they were fine with it. I've seen lots of these videos where they are "peacefully" going about their marches and suffer ill-treatment from some angle, a lot of them seem quite antagonistic to me...also a bit convenient they all get caught on camera...

Lots of fake news and the media saying is was a far right EDL protest only stirred up trouble. One of the reasons TR left the EDL is because it was heading in far right neo nazi direction and he was not prepared to follow.

Possibly true but the driving reason was it was a condition of his parole?

I think he makes points that are valid and the community problems he talks about are legit. The more I see of him though the more raw political propaganda I see and the less genuine desire to make the situation right.

I might be doing him a big mis-justice here... but I feel like it's more he's an activist THAT'S FOUND A CAUSE, than he's being an activist FOR THIS CAUSE. It's tough because when you listen to him he's thoroughly convincing. Whatever his motives I think he's going about it all pretty inefficiently.

Would be interested to hear your replies to this TimVanW.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2017, 03:49:42 PM »

The irony of Tommy Robinson attending/leading a 'UK against hate' march  Cheesy

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2017, 03:54:15 PM »

Nice bunch of people, great chaps who just want what is best for this country.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/edl-sikh-manchester-homeless-abuse-volunteers-feeding-english-defence-league-racist-a7787241.html

Best Bitter.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 15, 2017, 09:41:47 AM »

When the chance to confrontational is there, people are right in. When the chance to engage is reasonable discussion and swap opinions is there they are no-where to be seen.

Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 15, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »

When the chance to confrontational is there, people are right in. When the chance to engage is reasonable discussion and swap opinions is there they are no-where to be seen.

What are you basing this on? Not like a friendly Muslim has come and offered to meet up and discuss things
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 15, 2017, 11:44:26 AM »

What are you basing this on? Not like a friendly Muslim has come and offered to meet up and discuss things

I'm talking about specifically this thread.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 15, 2017, 12:30:35 PM »

I know what you mean mate. I written a post a few pages back without any response too. I'm a prole and work with my hands so it's not as easy for me to construct paragraphs and I can't quite express myself as elegantly as some of you guys. I sometimes wonder if you can word things better and use better grammar your points have more credibility. It's like Tommy Robinson and Douglas Murray have more or less the same views but Douglas Murray hasn't been attacked once in this thread. A lot of my posts have been dissected and only parts have received a response. But it's all part of the fun on internet message boards hey.

I don't know who Douglas Murray is, but I know who Stephen Lennon is and what his views are and what they are motivated by and I know him to be a racist despite trying to hide behind a new persona.  It has nothing to do with grammar.  I never spellcheck or read back much on what I post on here so dont necessarily view anyone elses posts negatively if they are riddled with spelling and grammar mistakes so long as I understand the point being made.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 15, 2017, 01:05:08 PM »

I know what you mean mate. I written a post a few pages back without any response too. I'm a prole and work with my hands so it's not as easy for me to construct paragraphs and I can't quite express myself as elegantly as some of you guys. I sometimes wonder if you can word things better and use better grammar your points have more credibility. It's like Tommy Robinson and Douglas Murray have more or less the same views but Douglas Murray hasn't been attacked once in this thread. A lot of my posts have been dissected and only parts have received a response. But it's all part of the fun on internet message boards hey.

Many of the posts in this thread, yours often, don't make it obvious that they are looking for an exchange of ideas, more just advancing a view. As you allude to, it's the nature of things that most posts, generally, fall into this category rather than becoming a conversation. Also, hard to engage with the repetition  of a single point

sola virtus nobilitat
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 15, 2017, 04:33:41 PM »

You managed to express yourself perfectly well when you accused 1.6 billion people of being supporters of paedophilia.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 15, 2017, 05:18:27 PM »

You managed to express yourself perfectly well when you accused 1.6 billion people of being supporters of paedophilia.

Was that before he said he was trolling? 

Not hard to understand why nobody bothers talking to the guy who doesn't listen to you, posts only very negative posts about Muslims and has admitted he is only posting to wind people up.  Life is way too short.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 16, 2017, 11:57:20 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40303300

Scientology at it again
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: June 16, 2017, 12:32:14 PM »

You would have though that as thetons they could just fly over the fence

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 19, 2017, 02:06:21 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960

Probably just a drunk
hummuspie

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 19, 2017, 02:10:58 AM »

You're fvckin riidiculous
hummuspie

View Profile