blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273058 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  London tower block fire.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London tower block fire.  (Read 16609 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 12:42:33 PM »

Yeah seen someone comment on FB that they had read it might be terrorist related, no idea if true. Looks very serious...

yeh must be Browns.

the person who posted that is a cretin, and you are no better for spouting someone elses speculation.  fake news and bigotry best news.

Bullshit, there is always going to be speculation with big incidents until the cause is know.

Anyway, you are speculating it's 'browns' because I mentioned the word terrorist, that's racist innit? 

lol grow up and don't try and turn it back on me now it's gone past midday and you have to be a twat about things.

just admit yes I made another shit inflammatory post.

Utter bullshit, your the one being a twat and trying to find something where there is nothing to find,
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 12:45:20 PM »

This is the internet - everyone's a twat.

Let's try not to have the same arguments on every single news thread.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »

This is the internet - everyone's a twat.

Let's try not to have the same arguments on every single news thread.

Agree, I'm done with it on this thread.  talktothehand
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 12:50:35 PM »

Well then . . . .
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 01:03:57 PM »

Well then . . . .

We don't know what the allegations were or whether the individuals named were at fault for the allegations.  It looks terrible, but we have no context for the letter.  Note I have read the blog and referred to it this morning, and heard the ex head of the residents association speak this norning. I obviously have no idea what was changed since 2013 either. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2017, 01:06:16 PM »

Yeah seen someone comment on FB that they had read it might be terrorist related, no idea if true. Looks very serious...

yeh must be Browns.

the person who posted that is a cretin, and you are no better for spouting someone elses speculation.  fake news and bigotry best news.

Bullshit, there is always going to be speculation with big incidents until the cause is know.

Anyway, you are speculating it's 'browns' because I mentioned the word terrorist, that's racist innit? 

lol grow up and don't try and turn it back on me now it's gone past midday and you have to be a twat about things.

just admit yes I made another shit inflammatory post.

Utter bullshit, your the one being a twat and trying to find something where there is nothing to find,

This emote tells a different story as usual   
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 01:19:14 PM »

I doubt it.  There was a witness on the radio said it started in a flat opposite his on the 4th floor.  The issue is how fast it spread, which doesn't seem in doubt.

Seems the firefighters were very brave.  Hope they all got out safely too.

Easier to blame Jonny Foreigner the terrorist than who is actually to blame.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tories-vote-down-law-requiring-landlords-make-their-homes-fit-for-human-habitation-a6809691.html

It is pretty clear that that vote is irrelevent.  That was an amendment to a private sector housing bill.  This is a social housing block, though it is likely to have some private tennants.  But even then, it would be hard to see how a private landlord could be held responsible for what looks like major flaws in the entire social housing block.  Also they are already protections in place regardless of that amendment and those have clearly failed.  Pretty much zero chance this would have made any difference even if it did apply to social housing.

I would just add that a lot of amendments are going to be thrown out for a whole raft of reasons that won't be that obvious.

Twitter is worse than the tabloids at times like this.  Obviously there is some great information out there, but this isn't part of that.   People should just quit the politics around it right now.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 01:52:02 PM »

yeh must be Browns.

Everybody speculates when something like this happens. Can you honestly say that at no point no matter how brief that terrorism as a possible cause didn't cross your mind?

First thing I thought when I saw it was along the lines of 'poor bastards'. Immediately following was 'blimey this could be the next terrorist thing.....'. Shortly after, 'nah it's just a fire'.

At no point did the vision of a brown person with a box of matches enter my head though so does that make it okay?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 02:13:22 PM »

yeh must be Browns.

Everybody speculates when something like this happens. Can you honestly say that at no point no matter how brief that terrorism as a possible cause didn't cross your mind?

First thing I thought when I saw it was along the lines of 'poor bastards'. Immediately following was 'blimey this could be the next terrorist thing.....'. Shortly after, 'nah it's just a fire'.

At no point did the vision of a brown person with a box of matches enter my head though so does that make it okay?

I was asleep so obviously woke up to a more definitive picture.

yes of course many things can cross your mind, but why post something you know to be utterly unfounded just to push it then just say well free speech I can infer what I want even when I am adamant it's baseless. It's not like this is his first post trying to stir stuff up seemingly for entertainment.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2017, 02:51:05 PM »

yeh must be Browns.

yes of course many things can cross your mind, but why post something you know to be utterly unfounded just to push it then just say well free speech I can infer what I want even when I am adamant it's baseless. It's not like this is his first post trying to stir stuff up seemingly for entertainment.

I never thought terrorism.  I heard tower block when the Mrs woke me up at 6am this morning and I asked if it was Flats or Commercial premises.  Had she said commercial I might have assumed differently. 
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2017, 03:04:19 PM »

yeh must be Browns.

I never thought terrorism.  I heard tower block when the Mrs woke me up at 6am this morning and I asked if it was Flats or Commercial premises.  Had she said commercial I might have assumed differently. 

I suppose your first impression depends entirely on what you first see.

The first I saw of the event was a picture on Facebook of a tower block completely engulfed in flames and it was horrific. It's very difficult not to picture twin towers and automatically think terrorism especially given recent events in the UK. Those thoughts disappear quite quickly but they were still there for me no matter how briefly.

If the first knowledge I had of it was my someone telling me there'd been a bad fire in a tower block in London I doubt terrorism would have even entered my mind because there wouldn't have been that strong visual image.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2017, 03:07:29 PM »

I doubt it.  There was a witness on the radio said it started in a flat opposite his on the 4th floor.  The issue is how fast it spread, which doesn't seem in doubt.

Seems the firefighters were very brave.  Hope they all got out safely too.

Easier to blame Jonny Foreigner the terrorist than who is actually to blame.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tories-vote-down-law-requiring-landlords-make-their-homes-fit-for-human-habitation-a6809691.html

It is pretty clear that that vote is irrelevent.  That was an amendment to a private sector housing bill.  This is a social housing block, though it is likely to have some private tennants.  But even then, it would be hard to see how a private landlord could be held responsible for what looks like major flaws in the entire social housing block.  Also they are already protections in place regardless of that amendment and those have clearly failed.  Pretty much zero chance this would have made any difference even if it did apply to social housing.

I would just add that a lot of amendments are going to be thrown out for a whole raft of reasons that won't be that obvious.

Twitter is worse than the tabloids at times like this.  Obviously there is some great information out there, but this isn't part of that.   People should just quit the politics around it right now.  

Yr way too sensible for these threads now

sola virtus nobilitat
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2017, 03:47:25 PM »

how dare anyone have a thought that this may be terrorism
racists
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »

yeh must be Browns.

I suppose your first impression depends entirely on what you first see.

The first I saw of the event was a picture on Facebook of a tower block completely engulfed in flames and it was horrific. It's very difficult not to picture twin towers and automatically think terrorism especially given recent events in the UK. Those thoughts disappear quite quickly but they were still there for me no matter how briefly.

If the first knowledge I had of it was my someone telling me there'd been a bad fire in a tower block in London I doubt terrorism would have even entered my mind because there wouldn't have been that strong visual image.

it's also what we're 'trained' to think with all the hype and quick to assume reports/reporting.

You say those thoughts were there briefly, did you not think to quickly message everyone you know and post on forums that 'they' (lol prove what I mean) did it? there is a huge difference in that.

i've just been reading a thread about both the social media reaction farming and the instigators of this and it's very interesting (https://twitter.com/GuardianRover/status/874914107857805312).

cliffs anything that provides an emotional response is perfect fodder for people who wish to destabilise democracies/regions to thrust sides with different views together. it highlights that the 'bot' problem in social media is not limited to one side, nor is it orchestrated by one of 'our sides' it's controlled and targeted by outside means as a way of letting us do the work for them. it's very clever and seemingly very effective.
junior91

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2017, 03:54:03 PM »

It is absolutely beyond the realms of possibilty that this could've been a terrorist attack and anybody who suggests otherwise is a RACIST BIGGOT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: