blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:26:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  London tower block fire.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: London tower block fire.  (Read 15754 times)
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »

Lots of love for hearing from Tony Benn, I still think you're probably a nutter but nice job.

no probably about it today.

i'm massively fired up and in a mood for political agitation.

the capital is a few degree centigrade away from boiling point -  and i mean that literally as well as figuratively. if the temperature ups there could be civil unrest.

we've been hit by some  ruthless terror attacks, and yet poor housing in one of the countries richest wards has killed many more people, many more kids too.

i dont think standing idle is an option. i'd encourage people to take to the streets and take the fight to the door of the people who through patronage, political expediency and financial self-interest have been involved in this outrageous situation.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2017, 01:10:21 PM »

Lots of love for hearing from Tony Benn, I still think you're probably a nutter but nice job.

no probably about it today.

i'm massively fired up and in a mood for political agitation.

the capital is a few degree centigrade away from boiling point -  and i mean that literally as well as figuratively. if the temperature ups there could be civil unrest.

we've been hit by some  ruthless terror attacks, and yet poor housing in one of the countries richest wards has killed many more people, many more kids too.

i dont think standing idle is an option. i'd encourage people to take to the streets and take the fight to the door of the people who through patronage, political expediency and financial self-interest have been involved in this outrageous situation.

Did you quit your job and start a militia yet ?

sola virtus nobilitat
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2017, 01:10:39 PM »

I know this is a political ranting thread at the moment and facts aren't relevant but 10 days ago

Tories 13.7m votes
Labour 12.8m votes

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2017, 01:16:12 PM »

I know this is a political ranting thread at the moment and facts aren't relevant but 10 days ago

Tories 13.7m votes
Labour 12.8m votes

Agreed, it's incredible. We're not there yet, nowhere near but it's biggest step forward since Attlee was running the show.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »

Tories 13.7m votes
Labour 12.8m votes

Facts aren't relevant? lol. I love true things the most, all we need are facts. Which facts should we be focussing on? The result of the GE just means it will be the Conservative Party in minority government that will be run in to the ground and humiliated by Brexit. From a reap what you sow POV, I'm OK with that.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2017, 01:31:11 PM »

Tories 13.7m votes
Labour 12.8m votes

Facts aren't relevant? lol. I love true things the most, all we need are facts. Which facts should we be focussing on? The result of the GE just means it will be the Conservative Party in minority government that will be run in to the ground and humiliated by Brexit. From a reap what you sow POV, I'm OK with that.

I am not ok with an incompetent Tory govt ruining the country with their incompetent approach to Brexit. TM is demonstrating that she is the worst PM in many years, the tories need to swap leader now, I would prefer Hammond but can't see that happening as he is not enough of f a Brexitier.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2017, 01:40:20 PM »

Tories 13.7m votes
Labour 12.8m votes

I am not ok with an incompetent Tory govt ruining the country with their incompetent approach to Brexit. TM is demonstrating that she is the worst PM in many years, the tories need to swap leader now, I would prefer Hammond but can't see that happening as he is not enough of f a Brexitier.

It's a difficult spot for sure. My hope is that 2 years of suffering might lead to 20/30 years of improvements. Perhaps, although this is ambitious, a permanent move to a fairer society. In the meantime more important than ever that we look out for each other.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2017, 01:49:07 PM »

Telegraph have a feature titled full details of people missing

Guardian lead with "more than 70 missing"

People on the ground are estimating 300-500 dead. Food that has been sent to help the displaced is piling up. Just saw an interview with one resident who said they need to sell that food as the people it is intended for are laying dead in the building and that there will be 500 funerals to pay for.

If this is close to being true then it's deplorable.
buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »

I would like to see this enquiry be totally independent of whichever government we end up having.
People are very mistrusting at the moment, look how long it took to get to the bottom of hilsbourgh for example.

Some people are clamerring for a criminal investigation instead even.

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2017, 02:21:34 PM »

100% there should be a criminal investigation. It's shameful that nearly £10m was spent on that block yet they couldn't organize quarter of a million to retro fit sprinklers. Money has been misspent/syphoned off left right and Centre, and dozens of people have been alerted to the dangerous and unsafe co fictions in that flat.

Why isn't every flat provided with a fire extinguisher and a few smoke masks? That would cost about £50 a flat and five then some hope of fighting an out of control blaze themselves, or with help of neighbours. Then the smoke masks help them escape.

Some of the survivor stories are horrendous, people will be scarred for life.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2017, 02:38:15 PM »

i dont want to derial, so will refrain from arguing about tourist income. but i will say that  cleopatra and the egyption pharohs make a lot of money for egypt whilst being dead for a millenia or two. we dont need madge trolloping around to get tourists in.

also regardless of what i feel about theresa may, the fact that she had to ask permission to form a government after recieving a mandate from the people is sickening.

even if she dies and isn't replaced we'll have to upkeep the castle or the palace as tourist attractions they are some of Londons biggest. that's still just an investment at the end of the day.

think people who want a specific number of dead right now IM ON SOCIAL MEDIA are pretty ill guided. it's obvious very many are dead and anyone missing is very long shot to be found now. guessing the death toll accurately is pointless. more than 0 died therefore it's awful, each individual one is a bit like ICM they just become a statistic. by demanding someone know how to count cremated bodies in a building that isn't fully accessible is just silly or for us to be informed before their families is just crass.

we should focus on the reasons for why society has got to a point that failings like this is one of those things, and why there is no responsibility for anyone for literally anything anymore. parents have none for their kids, lazy have no responsibility for not working, government have no responsibility for the effects of their decisions. banks have no responsibility to the money owners etc   (only the other day in the US some wankerbanker sits in front of the committee saying repeal dodd frank (the legislation brought in after financial crises to stop them quite literally just being 'too irresponsible' and this guy who gave evidence just before his bank was bailed out saying its all rosy we know banking bro, now sits in front of them again saying no but 'listen' (he keeps saying this because hes a rich man talking to a women about money so he obviously knows more), listen I am in the industry and I know banking your point is valid but its irrelevant we want to gamble and make profits and take no risk now repeal based on zero acceptable logic..... https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/875808277149372416/video/1  )

we should focus on righting these institutional wrongs not getting bogged down in these death toll figures its a brilliant way to sow discord and just place things in the way of actual change being effected.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »

Letter from Met Police to residents says "there are grounds for corporate manslaughter charges over the Grenfell Tower."

under corporate manslaughter legislation, no individuals can be arrested/charged.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2017, 08:52:46 AM »

A major public inquiry into the deadliest fire in Britain in more than a century opened on Thursday

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/world/europe/uk-grenfell-fire-london.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2017, 01:03:54 PM »

How can it possibly take this long to start it.

I am 100% sure that I could have finished it within 3 months!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »

Bit of grandstanding from Michael Mansfield yesterday, as usual casting himself as the campaigning hero, surely just designed to stir up the crowd and put pressure on the Judge for later advantage.

I'm sure he does a lot of good work, but these kind of antics seem a bit cynical. I guess he knows by now what tactics are effective, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: