blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:39:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)  (Read 303527 times)
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: July 05, 2018, 03:59:32 PM »

Ace I admire your persistence if nothing else

Why ask a question get a perfectly reasonable answer and for once possibly accept you may have got something wrong?

I have zero financially interest in bitcoin or any other crypto but the more you post the doom and gloom the more I want it to continue.

Lucky and others on this thread have admitted when they have slipped up possibly try it sometime

What has questioning the usage of a currency and getting a half-baked answer got to do with getting something wrong?

Does it really boil down to whether someone is right or wrong, or as it should be asking questions about the real world applications of cryptocurrencies. I do not think any sane person thinks that they are the solution to dealing with wealth inequality in the world, yet this comes up time and time again, just in the same way as people come out with how you can exist on Bitcoin today.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 05, 2018, 04:20:13 PM »

Why ask a question get a perfectly reasonable answer and for once possibly accept you may have got something wrong?

I have zero financially interest in bitcoin or any other crypto but the more you post the doom and gloom the more I want it to continue.

Lucky and others on this thread have admitted when they have slipped up possibly try it sometime

What has questioning the usage of a currency and getting a half-baked answer got to do with getting something wrong?

Does it really boil down to whether someone is right or wrong, or as it should be asking questions about the real world applications of cryptocurrencies. I do not think any sane person thinks that they are the solution to dealing with wealth inequality in the world, yet this comes up time and time again, just in the same way as people come out with how you can exist on Bitcoin today.

But you could, couldn't you, if you really wanted to?

It might be a different existence to your normal day to day, but you would still be existing.

Are you actually stating it is impossible?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 05, 2018, 06:41:57 PM »

It might be a different existence to your normal day to day, but you would still be existing.

I suppose if you like eating burgers every day yes. But tell me is there a coin that gets you the healthcare that you need to deal with high blood pressure and heart disease in this utopian world or do we rely on a centralised healthcare system?

Wink

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1053 on: July 05, 2018, 06:46:11 PM »

I suppose if you like eating burgers every day yes. But tell me is there a coin that gets you the healthcare that you need to deal with high blood pressure and heart disease in this utopian world or do we rely on a centralised healthcare system?

Wink

Rely on the NHS obv, no one said it was against the rules and they have it in London AFAIK.

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 05, 2018, 09:50:22 PM »

Wink

Rely on other taxpayers like nirvana obv, no one said it was against the rules and they have it in London AFAIK.

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1055 on: July 05, 2018, 09:59:21 PM »

Wink

Rely on other taxpayers like nirvana obv, no one said it was against the rules and they have it in London AFAIK.

The question was "is it possible" not "is it ethical".

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 05, 2018, 10:03:13 PM »

I know but on my high horse today

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 06, 2018, 02:09:38 AM »

You heard anything about 'mize' and 'powernodes', Dan?

Mate of mine is bang into it, and convinced it's the next big thing.

All looks a bit like those panels things that were about a few years ago, which one of my mates had a punt in.

I've got no idea, but no interest in investigating while I'm on holiday.

One of smartest people I know seems pretty sure it's just an MLM scheme, where obv a few will coin it in. Like a lad I know who got into Juice Plus while he was in the RAF, and has had it right off.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 06, 2018, 07:55:34 AM »

All looks a bit like those panels things that were about a few years ago, which one of my mates had a punt in.

One of smartest people I know seems pretty sure it's just an MLM scheme, where obv a few will coin it in. Like a lad I know who got into Juice Plus while he was in the RAF, and has had it right off.

Very kind of you Marky, thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 06, 2018, 08:08:25 AM »

It just looks and feels like a ponzi scheme.   Tell your friend to do one.

Holiday FTW.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 06, 2018, 08:24:45 AM »

If it looks like a duck...

If your mate made himself wealthy through an MLM there are two possibilities: He is an evil bastard or very very lucky (or both). Most people lose a lot of time and money through them but a handful get rich. If you happen to get lucky like your friend did and he was unaware it was an MLM, he will fall victim to something like it again and learn the hard way.

Mize looks like a scam, I don't understand anything that is on their website and there is no subreddit available for it yet.

If by supernodes you means masternodes then yes. They aren't a new thing. The requirement is that you have a certain amount of holdings of a coin (often substantial) and you will have to have a node running 24/7. I think it's a way of improving the security of the network.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 06, 2018, 09:31:08 AM »

For those that wondered (as I did....) what MLM is;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing

Pretty sure that was the business model (might still be) of businesses like Tupperware & Avon Cosmetics.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 06, 2018, 09:38:44 AM »

For those that wondered (as I did....) what MLM is;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing

Pretty sure that was the business model (might still be) of businesses like Tupperware & Avon Cosmetics.

Marky147 just sent me a PM to say that Anne Summers also use that business model.

Click to see full-size image.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 06, 2018, 10:54:53 AM »

What most others have said, Doobs Cheesy

If your mate made himself wealthy through an MLM there are two possibilities: He is an evil bastard or very very lucky (or both). Most people lose a lot of time and money through them but a handful get rich. If you happen to get lucky like your friend did and he was unaware it was an MLM, he will fall victim to something like it again and learn the hard way.

Mize looks like a scam, I don't understand anything that is on their website and there is no subreddit available for it yet.

If by supernodes you means masternodes then yes. They aren't a new thing. The requirement is that you have a certain amount of holdings of a coin (often substantial) and you will have to have a node running 24/7. I think it's a way of improving the security of the network.

The lad that has gotten really high up in Juice Plus definitely isn't evil, and is in fact a really nice guy. I think a fair few below him have done well, too. As you say, plenty won't, though.

LOL @ Tikay.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 06, 2018, 11:09:22 AM »

What most others have said, Doobs Cheesy

The lad that has gotten really high up in Juice Plus definitely isn't evil, and is in fact a really nice guy. I think a fair few below him have done well, too. As you say, plenty won't, though.

LOL @ Tikay.

Juice plus and anne summers is different as they have a product to sell.  This Mize thing appears to just be taking in money and passing it up the chain.   Hence I think calling it MLM is a little misleading. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 88 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: