blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:42:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)  (Read 303577 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: November 10, 2017, 08:56:38 AM »

out today

The Economist‏

People are buying Bitcoin because they expect other people to buy it from them at a higher price. This is foolish

https://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2017/11/greater-fool-theory-0?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/thebitcoinbubblegreaterfooltheory

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 10, 2017, 09:01:17 AM »

Not read this thread other than first couple of pages but I'm in the old fart brigade.

When you have a currency that is built on nothing tangible other than sentiment then you have a recipe for disaster at some point.

The whole premise of a currency is a promissory note issued by a trusted institution.

If we learn anything from history then its only a matter of time before the values come crashing down. Might not be now, this year or year after but it will happen.

Its a speculators dream - the George Soros's of this world will be rubbing their hands with glee. If I had significant profits I'd be taking some to protect my position.

It will be the small investors that jump on the band wagon too late that get really burnt.
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 10, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »

Wtf is going on today - Bitcoin tanking but Bitcoin Cash surging. 
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2017, 08:50:09 AM »

Not read this thread other than first couple of pages but I'm in the old fart brigade.

When you have a currency that is built on nothing tangible other than sentiment then you have a recipe for disaster at some point.

The whole premise of a currency is a promissory note issued by a trusted institution.

If we learn anything from history then its only a matter of time before the values come crashing down. Might not be now, this year or year after but it will happen.

Its a speculators dream - the George Soros's of this world will be rubbing their hands with glee. If I had significant profits I'd be taking some to protect my position.

It will be the small investors that jump on the band wagon too late that get really burnt.

The reason old farts think in this way is that we have seen it all before. Younger people invest with no fear and are immune to what could happen to cryptocurrencies. The average age of a Financial Adviser in the UK is now well into late 40s/early 50s. There is a reason for that, people with money want to talk to someone who has life experience and understands the perils of investing in any market.

There was an analyst on Bloomberg this morning saying BTC has some way to run, but when it does crash it won't be a pretty sight. Do crypto geeks even watch Bloomberg or CNBC?

The smart money is sitting on the sidelines IMO.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2017, 11:45:03 AM »

The reason old farts think in this way is that we have seen it all before. Younger people invest with no fear and are immune to what could happen to cryptocurrencies. The average age of a Financial Adviser in the UK is now well into late 40s/early 50s. There is a reason for that, people with money want to talk to someone who has life experience and understands the perils of investing in any market.

There was an analyst on Bloomberg this morning saying BTC has some way to run, but when it does crash it won't be a pretty sight. Do crypto geeks even watch Bloomberg or CNBC?

Makes perfect sense. It will depend on someone's risk tolerance levels as to how much they should invest in speculative investments. Vast, vast majority of people shouldn't be investing more than 5% of their assets in this unless they are aggressively speculative IMO. I wonder what percentage of their assets the guys on here invest in Bitcoin etc?? I have a feeling it will be a bigger number.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2017, 12:52:30 PM »

Harry Rednapp now promoting the cryptocurrency - enough said
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2017, 02:12:41 PM »

Pretty much any crypto being endorsed by a celeb is a fail. Don't touch these.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 13, 2017, 04:20:38 PM »

Pretty much any crypto being endorsed by a celeb is a fail. Don't touch these.

This endorsement happened a while ago and is very very funny.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 13, 2017, 04:22:45 PM »

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2017, 04:23:23 PM »

So yeah, makes sense that he's now lumping in on Crypto.

@GreekStein on twitter.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2017, 04:43:12 PM »

Charts to the left of me, CNBC to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you

I mostly use tweetdeck as twitter is the best resource for crypto. I think its similar for the traditional markets too, surely mainstream media is too slow.

Electroneum is in the scam category for sure.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 14, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »

Makes perfect sense. It will depend on someone's risk tolerance levels as to how much they should invest in speculative investments. Vast, vast majority of people shouldn't be investing more than 5% of their assets in this unless they are aggressively speculative IMO. I wonder what percentage of their assets the guys on here invest in Bitcoin etc?? I have a feeling it will be a bigger number.

As this is a poker site I would say all in. There probably is very little consideration to asset allocation , geographical spread or risk tolerance. 

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 14, 2017, 02:44:38 PM »

As this is a poker site I would say all in. There probably is very little consideration to asset allocation , geographical spread or risk tolerance.  

Lol. Your acting like professional poker players don't know how to handle risk or variance.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:47:23 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 14, 2017, 06:11:32 PM »

Where are the best places online to keep up to date with crypto? I find this all really interesting even though i've currently not invested, can't wait to see in a year if i'm going to regret missing out or not Cheesy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 14, 2017, 06:58:56 PM »

Where are the best places online to keep up to date with crypto? I find this all really interesting even though i've currently not invested, can't wait to see in a year if i'm going to regret missing out or not Cheesy

I just follow this thread Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 88 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: