blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:17:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)  (Read 303383 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 02, 2018, 07:43:06 PM »

bizarrely GDAX requires two forms of ID to buy crypto. As I don't drive, all I have is a passport, so it seems like I can't sign up to the site.

Is there any other place to by ETH or BTC for fiat money or do I just have to suck it up and pay the coinbase fees?

I used Coinfloor as they're UK based, so also pretty easy (relatively) to withdraw to your bank account. Coinbase sounded awfully long winded to me with SEPA's and Euro accounts, plus google is filled with negative reviews about them. 
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 03, 2018, 11:40:15 AM »

bizarrely GDAX requires two forms of ID to buy crypto. As I don't drive, all I have is a passport, so it seems like I can't sign up to the site.

Is there any other place to by ETH or BTC for fiat money or do I just have to suck it up and pay the coinbase fees?

I used Coinfloor as they're UK based, so also pretty easy (relatively) to withdraw to your bank account. Coinbase sounded awfully long winded to me with SEPA's and Euro accounts, plus google is filled with negative reviews about them. 

Alright I might give them a go!
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 03, 2018, 02:36:38 PM »

Alright I might give them a go!

Yes, Coinfloor seems best for UK-based sterling deposits/withdrawals.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 03, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »

Rough idea of fees for coinfloor?

I guess I'd like to buy bitcoin cash there as the transfer fees will be cheaper. Any ldea of the liquidity for GBP/Bit coin cash or Euro/Bitcoincash ?
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 03, 2018, 04:11:55 PM »

https://coinfloor.co.uk/fees

£5 flat deposit fee for sterling, minimum deposit £2500.  They used to be fee-free for trading but have reintroduced them recently (0.30% for low volume traders).  Not very liquid for BCH compared to Coinbase.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 03, 2018, 05:11:12 PM »

These new articles daily on cryptocurrency hold zero weight- the currency fluctuates so radically in a relatively short space of time it becomes irrelevant or outdated within 48 hrs

Aren't these articles largely responsible for the currency fluctuations?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 03, 2018, 06:02:57 PM »

Does anyone know where you can buy TREX (Tron)

You can buy it at Binance - but I'm just going to quote the above sentence from LuckyScrote too!

"Avoid coins that have insane hype around them because there is too much noise to determine how good the project is."

I'd say that Tron seems to be one of the most hyped coins along with Verge and Cardano (though I have Cardano myself)

What do you like about Tron?

Unfortunately can't seem to buy any on this platform?! Set up an account but has the max available at 0.

Would be appreciative of any other ways to do it.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 03, 2018, 06:11:20 PM »

You can buy it at Binance - but I'm just going to quote the above sentence from LuckyScrote too!

"Avoid coins that have insane hype around them because there is too much noise to determine how good the project is."

I'd say that Tron seems to be one of the most hyped coins along with Verge and Cardano (though I have Cardano myself)

Unfortunately can't seem to buy any on this platform?! Set up an account but has the max available at 0.

Do you have some bitcoin in your account to buy it?
sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 03, 2018, 06:43:31 PM »

Do you have some bitcoin in your account to buy it?

Ahhhh 
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 03, 2018, 08:27:16 PM »

These new articles daily on cryptocurrency hold zero weight- the currency fluctuates so radically in a relatively short space of time it becomes irrelevant or outdated within 48 hrs

Aren't these articles largely responsible for the currency fluctuations?

FUD articles are written all the time, if the timing is right they get a lot of hits and are seen as responsible. Sometimes a well written article can be the straw that breaks the camels back though.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 04, 2018, 02:58:28 PM »

I'm reluctant to shill specific coins on here. BUT -  I'm going big on Icon (ICX) - I think it has really strong potential when things start progressing from 24 January and when it gets listed on Korean exchanges. A few people who are smart in crypto seem to be very bullish on it. It is very early in the project, so it is a bit of a punt, but ICX is a decent part of my portfolio now.

A couple of videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVWWF_whFCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deo2Ajr7P5I
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 04, 2018, 04:25:46 PM »

I use coinfloor, very good imo.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 04, 2018, 07:44:18 PM »

Might lob £500 on a few of the lesser knows coins just for a punt, is Binance a reputatable place to get them? Or somewhere else that sells loads of the different ones other than bitcoin?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:47:25 PM by Woodsey » Logged
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 04, 2018, 08:34:11 PM »

Might lob £500 on a few of the lesser knows coins just for a punt, is Binance a reputatable place to get them? Or somewhere else that sells loads of the different ones other than bitcoin?

I pretty sure you can’t by with cash on Binance, you have to use Bitcoin or Ethereum

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 04, 2018, 08:49:41 PM »

I pretty sure you can’t by with cash on Binance, you have to use Bitcoin or Ethereum

Ok what’s the simplest way to buy smaller currencies, thinking about POE.....
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 88 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: