blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:31:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)  (Read 304280 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 04, 2018, 09:28:43 PM »

Might lob £500 on a few of the lesser knows coins just for a punt, is Binance a reputatable place to get them? Or somewhere else that sells loads of the different ones other than bitcoin?

I pretty sure you can’t by with cash on Binance, you have to use Bitcoin or Ethereum

Ok what’s the simplest way to buy smaller currencies, thinking about POE.....

Not sure the best way but I originally had a bit on Coinbase (ETH & LTC) paid for in cash but later transferred it to Binance.

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 04, 2018, 09:44:46 PM »

Might lob £500 on a few of the lesser knows coins just for a punt, is Binance a reputatable place to get them? Or somewhere else that sells loads of the different ones other than bitcoin?

I pretty sure you can’t by with cash on Binance, you have to use Bitcoin or Ethereum

Ok what’s the simplest way to buy smaller currencies, thinking about POE.....

Not sure the best way but I originally had a bit on Coinbase (ETH & LTC) paid for in cash but later transferred it to Binance.

Ok cheers mate, that seems consistent with what someone else told me  Smiley
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 04, 2018, 10:17:41 PM »

Coinbase fees are exuberant but it seems that is the only way for most people, especially for smaller amounts.

If you're lucky enough to know someone who can sell you bitcoin for cash, then that will be the best and cheapest solution.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 05, 2018, 12:45:25 AM »

If you use gdax you will pay less fees than coinbase. It is also owned by them. I would recommend buying ETH or Litecoin as the transfer fees on bitcoin are a killer.

Binance isn't taking new sign ups right now so that could be a problem.

I've used kucoin which has a lot of small market cap coins and it has worked well
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 05, 2018, 12:47:58 AM »

As fate would have it my snide sports streamer of choice only now takes bitcoin as payment, just popped up now, they must know something  Cheesy
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 05, 2018, 09:26:20 AM »

As fate would have it my snide sports streamer of choice only now takes bitcoin as payment, just popped up now, they must know something  Cheesy

Is that SportsMania?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 05, 2018, 09:47:35 AM »

Is that SportsMania?

Ulimatemania, but yes same company.....
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 05, 2018, 09:57:27 AM »

Is that SportsMania?

Their move to bitcoin payments is putting a lot of customers off renewing their subs.  The fees associated with third parties to complete the buying and making the payment seem excessive.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 05, 2018, 10:19:08 AM »

Is that SportsMania?

Their move to bitcoin payments is putting a lot of customers off renewing their subs.  The fees associated with third parties to complete the buying and making the payment seem excessive.

Is that because, being forced to pay in Bitcoin, the price, in effect, has rocketed, or does it not work like that?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 05, 2018, 11:26:00 AM »

Is that SportsMania?

Is that because, being forced to pay in Bitcoin, the price, in effect, has rocketed, or does it not work like that?

I think it is due to transaction fees which can vary from £3-4 to £10-13 depending on what time of day you transact.  Not so much a problem if you buy them and watch the value skyrocket but it does come into consideration if you simply want to buy some bitcoins to pay for a £34 subscription.  I have read some comments that to pay the £34 it cost £50 cover all of the fees.  There are a number of providers who charge different fee structures, all very complicated which I think needs to be addressed before bitcoins are used for simple transactions.

The reason this vendor has gone to bitcoin is because none of the regular payment processors will accept their business since they have been identified as a sports streaming service who do not have any agreements from the Sky Sports of the world to broadcast their channel.  Bitcoin seems popular for dodgy business payments!
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 05, 2018, 01:13:03 PM »

why wouldn't the streaming service use Litecoin or Ethereum, the fees are much smaller, it doesn't make sense!
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 05, 2018, 04:35:20 PM »

Wonder how many Russians/Chinese/North Koreans are currently testing Spectre and Meltdown exploits to obtain private keys?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 05, 2018, 04:53:42 PM »

why wouldn't the streaming service use Litecoin or Ethereum, the fees are much smaller, it doesn't make sense!

They probably know as much as everyone here or Evan Davis of Newsnight interviewing an economics prof yesterday.

sola virtus nobilitat
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 05, 2018, 05:35:24 PM »

time to get them cap-gains forms back out lads, whooohoooo

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 06, 2018, 07:32:59 AM »

time to get them cap-gains forms back out lads, whooohoooo

Spread bet the price movements, it will save you hours filling out those wretched forms
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 88 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: