blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2018 thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2018 thread  (Read 49404 times)
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »

That's bollocks. Official jumped the shark moment. Won't be watching next year.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2017, 10:14:30 PM »

My prediction was neither gets it. Am I watching the same people he has been?

Blue text
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2017, 12:54:08 AM »

Why is everyone going on about how terrible they are? Not seeing it at all, Sarah has been very solid throughout the show, has an existing business and a decent idea. It's super low risk and almost gtd to make money, chances of it kicking off and making him £20m are pretty slim but it's pretty much a shot to nothing, far worse places to put £250k.

James is a young city chancer who did very well on the corporate ladder and wants to have a crack at his own ladder - fairly reasonable chance he dusts the 250 and cant make it work, tiny chance he smashes it and builds a monster. For totally different reasons to Sarah once again way worse places to stick £250k, if you've got the roll for a gamble like this.

I think they are both pretty good, Sarah would have gotten funding from virtually any corporate lending facility and James would have found backing at some point in the few yrs with his charming/networking manner, everyones talking like neither of them could lace their shoelaces, don't get it.

I loved this, great TV, some massive donkery and some good stuff in there, if i has to be critical I'd say that the tasks were a little samey, more money making tasks where selling to actual people would be nice - would like to see some changes to the structure but can't wait for next year already. Think people take it all way too seriously and forget it's a bloody TV show!

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2017, 03:01:05 PM »

What a load of nonsense in this thread! You all must be millionaire business gurus or if you're not, apply next year cos by the sounds of it Alan would jump across the boardroom table to invest in you lot!

Dave's right, both good investments for different reasons. Sarah made almost no mistakes all series and her business will pretty much always succeed. James is a punt but a sensible one and when you've got a billy you can take the variance.

And the double investment was great TV - unexpected, unprecedented and dramatic - what more could you want?!

And me and Dave chopped the first prize in our side bets - whoop!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2017, 07:26:09 AM »

So, James and Jade had an affair in the house then. Both split up with their partners straight away once they were finished with the process.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »

Why is everyone going on about how terrible they are? Not seeing it at all, Sarah has been very solid throughout the show, has an existing business and a decent idea. It's super low risk and almost gtd to make money, chances of it kicking off and making him £20m are pretty slim but it's pretty much a shot to nothing, far worse places to put £250k.

James is a young city chancer who did very well on the corporate ladder and wants to have a crack at his own ladder - fairly reasonable chance he dusts the 250 and cant make it work, tiny chance he smashes it and builds a monster. For totally different reasons to Sarah once again way worse places to stick £250k, if you've got the roll for a gamble like this.

I think they are both pretty good, Sarah would have gotten funding from virtually any corporate lending facility and James would have found backing at some point in the few yrs with his charming/networking manner, everyones talking like neither of them could lace their shoelaces, don't get it.

I loved this, great TV, some massive donkery and some good stuff in there, if i has to be critical I'd say that the tasks were a little samey, more money making tasks where selling to actual people would be nice - would like to see some changes to the structure but can't wait for next year already. Think people take it all way too seriously and forget it's a bloody TV show!

Guy got caught faking an industry accreditation on his website. Hard to imagine any corporation following in after that. Very shady guy, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole personally.

Sarah is pretty boring, if it wasn't for Sugs shes largely drawing dead on doing anything other than making a small amount of money. Remember all her competitors with exactly the same branding and packaging? No inspiration, her yellow dress during the presentation was the only bright thing about her.

Great tv and finish but its awfully boring during the last few weeks when we find out half the people left have no chance with their current business model.  Such a waste of time, and who knows whether there was an actual exciting business plan out there.

Budget Shark Tank which could be so much more.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 24, 2017, 01:54:17 AM »

It's surprising they glossed over what James did. They destroyed Baggs the Brand for a similarish thing - saying he was fully-licensed when be only had some licences. For that, the interviewer told him he had no ethics and Sugar gave him a proper kicking on the way out. Not very consistent.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2017, 05:59:57 PM »

It's surprising they glossed over what James did. They destroyed Baggs the Brand for a similarish thing - saying he was fully-licensed when be only had some licences. For that, the interviewer told him he had no ethics and Sugar gave him a proper kicking on the way out. Not very consistent.

Not just that but getting fired for poaching clients from his employer, joke that got overlooked. Then there was how he got walked all over by the girls every week in the tasks, even the final
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2018, 07:30:11 PM »

It’s nearly time...

https://youtu.be/3ss-59fi4nM

Could someone fix the link please?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:46:20 PM by TightEnd » Logged

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2018, 11:06:57 PM »

Here they are

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06jv20z/the-apprentice-series-14-meet-the-candidates

No doubt we'll end up shouting at the telly again.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2018, 09:17:01 AM »

Glad she's gone.

Everytime she opened her mouth wide she looked like a spitting image mask.

Regards

B

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2018, 04:24:20 PM »

Glad she's gone.

Everytime she opened her mouth wide she looked like a spitting image mask.

Regards

B

Would have been good entertainment though! Surprised he didn't fire the Canadian Doris

regards

Ri
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2018, 03:05:10 PM »

lil dave, stato and keith are having our annual auction for candidates today at DTD. If anyone fancies themselves as an auctioneer then let us know, we need one!

Regards

AG

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2018, 10:13:53 PM »

Missed the first episode, so this was my first encounter with the class of 2018

My god, what a bunch of incompetents, although there were a few flying under the radar. Biggest LOL was the look on the face of one of the retailers - he seemed to be in shock about how bad both the products & pitches were.

Lord Sugs, hardly surprisingly, is showing barely any enthusiasm for the process.

Things can only get better.

Regards
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2018, 11:05:32 PM »

The funniest show on TV. Not even close. Where dooo they find them?

Regards

C

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: