blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:28:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2018 thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2018 thread  (Read 49095 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2018, 01:39:27 PM »

Who's team do you like?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2018, 11:31:37 PM »

Who's team do you like?

*Whose

Regards D

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2018, 11:58:24 AM »

Beginning to see the wheat from the chaff.

Jasmine & Kayode look likely to run deep. I think Tom will have learnt a lot from his overly collaborative PM stint, and should run good.

Kurran? Apparently he has a law degree. Surely he's next for the finger.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2018, 01:52:19 PM »

Kurran is awful. He’s so laid back he’s almost horizontal. But if his team keeps winning then he will avoid the chop for a while!

For anyone not watching, when his team appeared in the board room Kurran’s arm was in a sling. It transpired that the night before he managed to sustain a break by arm-wrestling    That will surely hamper him over the next few weeks as many of the tasks have physical elements.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2018, 10:56:02 PM »

Beginning to see the wheat from the chaff.

Jasmine & Kayode look likely to run deep. I think Tom will have learnt a lot from his overly collaborative PM stint, and should run good.

Kurran? Apparently he has a law degree. Surely he's next for the finger.

It’s pretty hard to see any merit in anything that has been done so far. All three tasks have been lost, rather than won.

Regards

D

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2018, 04:58:50 PM »

My Thoughts So Farl

Kurran

Kurran is shit, so far he's shown an incredible lack of aptitude towards any task, no matter how significant, he couldn't even have an arm wrestle without breaking his arm. Soon as his team loses the PM will bring him back regardless and pray it's not a double firing - god help Stato if he gets PM!

Rick

Rick seems to talk a fairly good game and looks somewhat presentable, however if you look at the facts he's basically been terrible. I'm biased because he's on Alex's team and Richard Branson could be on Alex's team and I'd find something negative to say about him.  His major contribution so far has been the octopus incident and a few sexist comments which will go down BADLY with Karen.

I would make these two currently the weakest.

Tom

Redeemed himself with some sales tekkers on the Saunas but aside from that he's been crazy average, his PM performance was a total joke and seems like it's all a bit of a laugh to him, could be one of those guys who starts out ladding it about but then starts to take it seriously and shows some strong improvements, needs it though, same attitude like this and he's going to run into a brick wall very soon imo.

Daniel

Talks about himself like he's some sort of genius guy, but has done precisely nothing as of yet - which doesn't mean he's not good just means there is nothing really to suggest anything about him, again comes across to me like he's in there for the bants and not really a serious guy. All the "Better to cry in a bentley than a banger" bullshit is pretty cringe, I mean "we spent $16,000 on a night out in vegas" come on mate who hasn't done that Tongue

Sarah - Ann

Lawyer from tee-side with an eyebrow piercing, on first appearances didnt look like a serious candidate. She hasn't really done much prior to her PM but everything she had done seemed pretty sensible and relatively intelligent, her PM performance wasn't flawless but she handled it in a relatively competent manner.  Might have just run good so far, but dark horse potential, strong dark horse potential.

Camilla

PM display was ok-ish, seems a bit hot-headed and wreckless to me, seems to have a bit about her though, don't really know what else to say about her...

Jackie

She's on my team so gotta back her up, has had a successful business which apparently was sold for a decent wedge, but then Sugar gonna ask why she doesn't use her own money, from what I've seen she seems to know what she's doing, talks well, competent in sales and has shown some strategic thinking, certainly hasn't done anything donk yet - biggest worry is she is quite abrasive, unlikely to be that popular and likely to cause a few bust-ups, can see her appearing in the boardroom a few times and Sugar might go tired of her. She's also Canadian and that can be annoying. I think she has a great shot at top 5.

Sabrina

Her PM performance was a bit wooly, she didn't show great leadership, made some silly mistakes, didn't really demonstrate a "big picture" approach. Having said that she seems very personable, and has some spunky boardroom tekkers. Has her own business, she's for sure one who needs to improve as the weeks go along, but if she can learn from whats happening and being said I think she's got a final 5 in her.

Khadija

On the surface she seems aggro, brash and shouty, but I think there is a very appealing humility to her, when she was told in the boardroom by Sabrina she was intimidating she seemed genuinely upset to hear it and since has come across way less aggressive.  Despite how it appeared for most of episodes 1-2 she also seems to me to be quite popular. Hasn't set the world on fire but most of what she's done so far has come across as fairly intelligent to me. She also, according to reports i read o ngoogle, is the only candidate (I guess you exclude Jackie from this) who runs her own business and submitted profitable accounts for the past year.

Kayode

Went in for PM on week 1, which, putting it mildly, is brave. Seemed to automatically gain the respect of everyone, seems popular, very capable in sales - although we're yet to actually see anything else from him yet - and the way he handled not being on the product team last week I thought was thoroughly professional.  My favourite line of the series so far was in EP1, he said he thought about going to the off-license for salt, to which Karen replies "You were going to an off license to buy salt"
Kayode's response - "I don't know Karen, I've never been to Malta"
Think he's going deep.

Jasmine
Seems very solid and very credible, the hot sauce on the donut was of course complete headloss but you can have a headloss over a donut and still be a good businesswomen. Karen likes her, she's firey when needed, calm when needed and seems pretty smart. Top 2 for me.

Sian
Strong, feisty, calculated, seems to fully grasp the early stages are about staying out of danger "coasting" as Claude put it. Looks to be the one with the business sense, self awareness, strong will and character to navigate her way through, I would be very surprised if she doesn't top 5.

Stato's team would be far and away the strongest if not for Kurran, who's a brains timebomb waiting to happen, Keith has two solid guys including Jasmine who's a big shout to top 5. Me and Alex and in a bit of a high variance spot, could easily get 2 in the top 5 or be next 3 out, need to see some movements or could be an expensive season!

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2018, 11:15:52 PM »

Always really enjoy your write-ups, SuperDave.

Tell me, though; what's the part about being Canadian that's annoying? Is it the part that's nearly American?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2018, 07:56:41 AM »

i love a Canadian myself, Sugar though he's a grumpy old man from the streets of laaandan town, Jackie got a whiny american sounding accent and likely to be in the boardroom a fair bit, i reckon the old geezer might just flip and decide 'grrr had it with this american sounding women'

Regards (and no offence to Canadians!)

LD

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2018, 11:25:08 AM »

Certainly fair comment about whiny-accent Jackie. She's probably from Toronto or thereabouts, as the accent is more similar to the US than elsewhere in Canada... although I haven't checked. Yes, she's definitely annoying.

Your comment suggested a general, anti-Canadian sentiment, which I found curious. I'm Canadian born (English mother) and although I have lived in England the vast majority of my life, I'm still (perhaps too) defensive about my birthplace.

In any event, no offence taken

Regards
PH
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 11:26:47 AM by 4KSuited » Logged
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2018, 11:03:23 PM »

Well, that was a first...

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 01, 2018, 09:40:53 AM »

Should have fired another couple.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2018, 09:53:08 AM »

Should have fired another three

FYP Smiley

Kadija, Kurran, Sarah Jane

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2018, 07:46:56 PM »

Kurran clearly has something on Sugar.

Felt sorta bad for Jackie. She knew exactly what she was doing with her choice of who to bring back. It’s never gonna work but fair play for the effort.

Regards
C

Blue text
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2018, 10:47:13 AM »

I think one of the best PM performances ever from Jackie that, she lost because her team was maybe the weakest team in history, task was basically just her and jasmine.

No idea how Kurran survived the dbl there, actually quite happy about it as looking forward to seeing the shenanigans he creates as PM. It's terrible for me as Jackie is likely to upset him at some point and Kurran will bring her back even though she's never getting sacked unless she does something truly horrific

Think Jasmine and Jackie are #1 & #2 now, Sian behind on #3. Think Sian was somewhat poor on her own standards although she did some fairly intelligent things and people seems to like working with her.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2018, 09:48:14 AM »

Bizarre episode, was like everyone knew Kurran was for it and just sort of ambled through....

As far as quality of performances went, it was pretty horrific - I think the safety net of Kurran made eveyone switch off + was a tough task anyway.

Regards

LD

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: