blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Negreanu lists 40 players he's willing to cross-book vs. Hellmuth
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Negreanu lists 40 players he's willing to cross-book vs. Hellmuth  (Read 4618 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2017, 09:16:18 AM »

Negreanu lists 40 players he's willing to cross-book vs. Hellmuth. Will Phil put his money where his mouth is? http://ow.ly/rtPd30fkkFk

Who would you cross book v Phil?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 02:13:22 PM »

Shows how far I've lost touch with the world of poker.

Only heard of about half of the 40.

Also, where's Pads?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 02:17:57 PM »

I thought of Pads too.

I think the answer is it depends.  I'd cross book myself online, and at O8, but live hold em I wouldn't.  He has an edge in live hold em, however he does it.

I would be surprised if there wasn't a fair few more in the live hold em rankings and Daniel is clearly right.

Here is Phil getting it all very wrong from about one minute 10.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 03:04:24 PM »

Phil's got like 80% of wisdom muddled in with 20% of really short sighted and narrow minded thinking.

Can't argue with PH record or most of what he says about longevity of playing styles etc, what he seems to completely miss though is that these players (the guys beating SHR fields) have really mastered the style of play needed for these formats and structures, I think that Phil is correct, i'd take his side of a crossbook in the next 1000 $1500 WSOP events and I'd be surprised if there is many better players in that format.

Here though we're talking about small field, faster paced, super high rollers with a very tough standard of play, he looks to be out of his depth and completely blinded by his experiences and unwilling to open his eyes and see the facts - these guys are brilliant in those formats. He could probably get himself very good at them too PH if he wasn't so stubborn.

I'm pretty sure the likes of Fedor, Siever, Bryn Kenney etc are relatively pleased to see PH's inclusion in the SHR fields even though there is no denying he's a great player.

Also, the comments about how people have 10% of themselves in the SHR's are a bit rich when it's public knowledge he gets a 15% freeroll in all these tournaments - which is equal to selling at like a 18% mark up which given he's probably losing in the fields is quite deal for him.

Entertaining though because you know that Phil passionately believes what he is saying is right, and the fact that 80% of it is makes it even more frustrating for him!!! Just needs to humble himself a little, Love PH though Smiley

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 04:36:40 PM »

Ive actually never played with Negreanu before, but it's not very brave to crossbook those guys. Most of them actually aren't very good, but will still have higher roi than Phil.

There's 40 guys you could name who are better than the 40 guys there, just not all playing for 5-20% of themselves and instead getting it quietly. There is 40 guys Negreanu would xbook vs Hellmuth and 250 we would xbook against Negreanu I guess.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 05:07:06 PM »

Ive actually never played with Negreanu before, but it's not very brave to crossbook those guys. Most of them actually aren't very good, but will still have higher roi than Phil.

There's 40 guys you could name who are better than the 40 guys there, just not all playing for 5-20% of themselves and instead getting it quietly. There is 40 guys Negreanu would xbook vs Hellmuth and 250 we would xbook against Negreanu I guess.

Negreanu is making offers, step up to the plate Pads.  Keep the spat going.

To be fair to Negreanu, he isn't the one claiming number 1 spot.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 05:13:32 PM »

I wanna gamble some
 Pads give me a choice of some people low down the 250 player list I could Xbook tiny vs Dnegs in something? for funs

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 05:44:52 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

fish2013
linuslove
hhecklen
isildur
proto
berri sweet
watnlos
barek
wushu
serey lebedev
european
elmerix
bencb
graftekkel
romeopro
ssickone
diego ventura
healtheworld
ivan luca
sixthsense
pascal le francsois
black88
hellototti
lena900
cdarwin
oborra
cejakas
vbv1990
evnomiya
mexican222
dario
saw greenwood
girafganger
jens lakemair
yurasov
ohheycindy
romanhld
dex888
paulelfaul
ben sulsky
ruinf
lars luzak
overthetop43
gmwvalter
tim adams
nizmojiz
takechip
3nipa
lissi stinkt
probirs
limitless
ole
apestyles
danmer
chris kruk
educa

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 06:45:04 PM »

Think it's humans only
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »

all of those play shrs live

WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 11:39:02 PM »

Why not just put actual names, very few people have a clue who you’re talking about

I think Negreanu has finally realised that he’s fallen behind these days, respect to him. Phil Helmuth will never realise it but he’s good enough in the wsop type fields + sponsorship etc that it doesn’t really matter
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 01:15:39 AM »

Why not just put actual names, very few people have a clue who you’re talking about

I think Negreanu has finally realised that he’s fallen behind these days, respect to him. Phil Helmuth will never realise it but he’s good enough in the wsop type fields + sponsorship etc that it doesn’t really matter

i mean im going down a lobby and just putting every guy, if i find out the exact name of each guy for 250 guys whats the point? if i say their real name and lot of the time its almost angling him as he will google them and nthing will come up and he wont know who they are.

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 07:10:18 AM »

So you don't have first-hand experience/notes of your list's capabilities/knowledge? You must have data on how much they beat different online stakes over a decent sample size though?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: