blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:06:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 176563 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 05, 2018, 09:05:02 AM »

Mark Williams sauntered to a 9-1 victory over Dott in the German Masters - what an absolute delight he is to watch.

He has such delicate touch, rarely using power shots, & can "dolly" long balls in from the baulk area without any action whatsoever on the cue ball, a remarkable skill.

He has two extraordinary party tricks, too - the "under body" shot, and the one handed shot, mainly used to escape from snookers. Not sure too many others do both.

He did the one handed thing yesterday - other hand braced against his right knee - to escape from a very tricky snooker, trying to glance the red on the way back from the top cushion. He missed narrowly twice, & was adjudged to have missed a third time, but Ronnie - on commentary duties, & very good at it too - squeaked "he hit that, he hit that".

Slow motion replays apparently showed it had glanced the red so finely that I could not see the red move even in slow mo. In fact I don't think it did move, it was that fine.   

Mark is an absolute joy to watch, not sure any televised sports suit TV better, & Mark is a real cool guy.

If his head is in the right place come April, he'd not be the worst bet if reasonable odds are available.

He has huge feet, too.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: February 08, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »

I've stumbled upon something called snooker shootout.

Timers, gongs, whistles, players running, people shouting....

What?

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 08, 2018, 06:09:35 PM »

Mark Williams sauntered to a 9-1 victory over Dott in the German Masters - what an absolute delight he is to watch.

He has such delicate touch, rarely using power shots, & can "dolly" long balls in from the baulk area without any action whatsoever on the cue ball, a remarkable skill.

He has two extraordinary party tricks, too - the "under body" shot, and the one handed shot, mainly used to escape from snookers. Not sure too many others do both.

He did the one handed thing yesterday - other hand braced against his right knee - to escape from a very tricky snooker, trying to glance the red on the way back from the top cushion. He missed narrowly twice, & was adjudged to have missed a third time, but Ronnie - on commentary duties, & very good at it too - squeaked "he hit that, he hit that".

Slow motion replays apparently showed it had glanced the red so finely that I could not see the red move even in slow mo. In fact I don't think it did move, it was that fine.   

Mark is an absolute joy to watch, not sure any televised sports suit TV better, & Mark is a real cool guy.

If his head is in the right place come April, he'd not be the worst bet if reasonable odds are available.

He has huge feet, too.

Click to see full-size image.

Had a cob on when he came to my old man's tournament with Iwan, and Sealey bashed him up in the cash game Cheesy

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: February 08, 2018, 11:20:34 PM »

What?

I've watched it for a while now and it's tolerable except for the audience shouting and whistling.

I think I can manage without it.

The older I get, the better I was.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 10, 2018, 12:15:48 AM »

I cant stand the shoot out. It's not the noise i dislike, its the fact the crowd arnt funny at all.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 10, 2018, 08:41:41 AM »

What?

I've watched it for a while now and it's tolerable except for the audience shouting and whistling.

I tried to watch it, but, for me, it was unbearable.

Some ingredients of snooker - proper snooker - are so important, & without them, the game is nothing.

Here we had players - & referees - wearing silly football-style shirts, disrespect from the crowd, & the game played at a ridiculous pace with no time or room for thinking or delicate shots.

It's like No Limit Omaha compared to Pot Limit. All the beauty of the game is removed.

I suppose it's a generation thing, but they'll have to manage without my interest or patronage.

Such a shame that so many beautiful, pure sports are being ruined.  

I grew up watching 5 day Test Cricket - few things are more enthralling - but the game is now all about mass appeal & dumbing down. Any time now you can expect to see cricketers playing under floodlights, wearing coloured pyjamas, & - you wont believe this, but it'll happen - exploding bails that light up.

It's all shite.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 10, 2018, 09:26:23 AM »

What?

Some ingredients of snooker - proper snooker - are so important, & without them, the game is nothing.

Here we had players - & referees - wearing silly football-style shirts, disrespect from the crowd, & the game played at a ridiculous pace with no time or room for thinking or delicate shots.

It's like No Limit Omaha compared to Pot Limit. All the beauty of the game is removed.

I suppose it's a generation thing, but they'll have to manage without my interest or patronage.

I grew up watching 5 day Test Cricket - few things are more enthralling - but the game is now all about mass appeal & dumbing down. Any time now you can expect to see cricketers playing under floodlights, wearing coloured pyjamas, & - you wont believe this, but it'll happen - exploding bails that light up.

It's all shite.  

They'll be having shot clocks in poker next.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 10, 2018, 09:34:37 AM »

Now you are being silly Tal.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 10, 2018, 09:36:48 AM »

I watch it, in part because i am convinced the strategy and tactics of the players is all wrong (much more time to be defensive and not thrash around than they think)

but watch it with the sound down, the boorish audience is a real turn off bit like the plonkers at the darts

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 10, 2018, 10:09:15 AM »

I watch it, in part because i am convinced the strategy and tactics of the players is all wrong (much more time to be defensive and not thrash around than they think)

but watch it with the sound down, the boorish audience is a real turn off bit like the plonkers at the darts

Yes, it amuses that the players sort of rush around the table in the comedic manner they do. As for the audience, no comment, for fear I may further upset Darts fans.

Bye the bye, wrong place to post this, but not sure where the right place is.

Tighty writes the 6 Nations Reviews & suggestions over on B-E, & it's completely free to view.

His knowledge of RU never ceases to amaze, & he writes so beautifully. 

Go look at this weekend's write-ups, they are unbelievably good. I suppose, to some, all that matters is whether the tips win or not, but for me, I really don't care, I just love to see high quality stuff. Ambo has stuck up a nice 12/1 shot (or was 12/1) in the weekly Free Tip, too. Last week's free tip was a Tighty football bet which hosed up at 9/4/. oioi

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 10, 2018, 12:19:02 PM »

Yes, it amuses that the players sort of rush around the table in the comedic manner they do. As for the audience, no comment, for fear I may further upset Darts fans.

Tighty writes the 6 Nations Reviews & suggestions over on B-E, & it's completely free to view.

Go look at this weekend's write-ups, they are unbelievably good. I suppose, to some, all that matters is whether the tips win or not, but for me, I really don't care, I just love to see high quality stuff. Ambo has stuck up a nice 12/1 shot (or was 12/1) in the weekly Free Tip, too. Last week's free tip was a Tighty football bet which hosed up at 9/4/. oioi

Agree with everything, especially strategy shortcomings, Mark Williams who professes to hate the format, always seemed closest to getting it right. The fans are horrible, really dreadful and racist. Kind of like "look I'm making fun of someone from an ethnici minority but it's OK because everyone (including them) is laughing."

Unless I massively misunderstood something, the "hosed up bet" actually lost. Unimportant with regard to whether it was a good bet but seems reasonable to correct. Let me know if I misunderstood. The weekly free bet is in my view a very generous and valuable resource, many thanks to all concerned.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: February 10, 2018, 12:21:03 PM »

What?

It's all shite.  

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 10, 2018, 03:46:23 PM »

Agree with everything, especially strategy shortcomings, Mark Williams who professes to hate the format, always seemed closest to getting it right. The fans are horrible, really dreadful and racist. Kind of like "look I'm making fun of someone from an ethnici minority but it's OK because everyone (including them) is laughing."

Unless I massively misunderstood something, the "hosed up bet" actually lost. Unimportant with regard to whether it was a good bet but seems reasonable to correct. Let me know if I misunderstood. The weekly free bet is in my view a very generous and valuable resource, many thanks to all concerned.

The hosed up bet - correct, it was 2 weeks ago, (5/2), Coventry in the FA cup away at MK Dons, not last week, as I stated. Apologies.

Today's free tip just won comfortably at 12/1, too. Not bad for a free tip.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 03:51:53 PM by tikay » Logged

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 10, 2018, 03:55:12 PM »

The hosed up bet - correct, it was 2 weeks ago, (5/2), Coventry in the FA cup away at MK Dons, not last week, as I stated. Apologies.

The overall record of that column must be massively in profit. They should change the name of that Newbury race to the 'Betting Emporium Benefit Hurdle'.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 10, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »

Even better for those who snaffled a little 14/1 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: