blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:10:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 177648 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: March 01, 2018, 12:28:40 AM »

Amazing frame in progress right now (Mark Williams v Mehta, Eurosport) which is well worth a watch.

No need to rush though.

Don't think I've seen anything quite like that before. Williams has had a funny week Hasn't he?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 01, 2018, 08:24:29 AM »

Amazing frame in progress right now (Mark Williams v Mehta, Eurosport) which is well worth a watch.

No need to rush though.

Don't think I've seen anything quite like that before. Williams has had a funny week Hasn't he?

It was really weird, wasn't it?

Those 5 reds & the black were stuck like that for 45 minutes.

One red got freed, but Williams, 71 behind & needing 1 snooker, could not pot it as every colour was tied up, & the black & pink were both stuck by the pocket where the 5 reds were.

I actually enjoyed every minute, but Neil Foulds & Ronnie were chuntering something shocking, & said the Ref needed to "do something". What, & why?

He's had a funny week, yes. Thought he kept his cool pretty well in this;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/43217734

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 01, 2018, 08:35:27 AM »

I was really surprised to see several incidents following a "miss", where the balls needed replacing in their original position.

The camera cut to the lady "Marker", who had several monitors & freeze frames available to her so she could see where the balls originally were.

She was beckoning with her hand in the air to the referee.....

Up a bit...but more, left a bit - no, your left not my left ....that's it - up a bit - no down a bit.....bit more, whoa, too much....

Ugh, this is 2018 & they were faffing about like it was 1950. It was an embarrassment.

Just juxtapose 2 freeze-frames on top of each other & have a white circle where the ball should be, job done.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 01, 2018, 09:03:33 AM »

No need to rush though.

It was really weird, wasn't it?

Those 5 reds & the black were stuck like that for 45 minutes.

One red got freed, but Williams, 71 behind & needing 1 snooker, could not pot it as every colour was tied up, & the black & pink were both stuck by the pocket where the 5 reds were.

I actually enjoyed every minute, but Neil Foulds & Ronnie were chuntering something shocking, & said the Ref needed to "do something". What, & why?

He's had a funny week, yes. Thought he kept his cool pretty well in this;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/43217734

I reckon he's on the all time in all sports list for keeping his cool. Scandalous that Ronnie left him out of the 4 people in the history of snooker who had "bottle" list. He did it on purpose, of course.
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 01, 2018, 11:08:00 AM »

I was really surprised to see several incidents following a "miss", where the balls needed replacing in their original position.

The camera cut to the lady "Marker", who had several monitors & freeze frames available to her so she could see where the balls originally were.

Up a bit...but more, left a bit - no, your left not my left ....that's it - up a bit - no down a bit.....bit more, whoa, too much....

Ugh, this is 2018 & they were faffing about like it was 1950. It was an embarrassment.

Just juxtapose 2 freeze-frames on top of each other & have a white circle where the ball should be, job done.

In one of the tournament's I was watching that took place in China they had a screen with flashing white crosses for when the ball was in correct position. So all the ref did was ask for it to be brought up on screen and he simply nurdled the balls until all the little crosses were flashing. Makes loads more sense and took half the amount of time to get it right
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 01, 2018, 11:16:23 AM »

In one of the tournament's I was watching that took place in China they had a screen with flashing white crosses for when the ball was in correct position. So all the ref did was ask for it to be brought up on screen and he simply nurdled the balls until all the little crosses were flashing. Makes loads more sense and took half the amount of time to get it right

Exactly that, & it worked perfectly, & everyone could see it was correct.

Instead, we had some lady with a blue rinse waving her hands about, up a bit, down a bit. Reminded me of Bernie the Bolt.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: March 01, 2018, 12:08:10 PM »

Instead, we had some lady with a blue rinse waving her hands about

I bet she had clumpy shoes too.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 01, 2018, 12:09:48 PM »

Instead, we had some lady with a blue rinse waving her hands about

I bet she had clumpy shoes too.

Nah, she struck me as the sensible flat heeled type. You can always tell.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: March 01, 2018, 01:14:08 PM »

Settled in to watch the snooker, hoping mardy arse Ronnie gets beaten.

Who is that he's playin? He looks like Booder but with less fingers.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:28:12 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: March 01, 2018, 01:29:51 PM »

I think Booder looky likey needs about 60 start.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:40:53 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: March 01, 2018, 02:04:22 PM »

And there he was, gone .

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: March 01, 2018, 07:09:51 PM »

I like this ref.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 02, 2018, 04:07:19 PM »

Whilst Martin Gould was beating Mark Williams yesterday (Gould played as well as I can ever recall him playing), the commentator, might have been Mr Foulds, mentioned that both had performed better since they had their "sight right" experience.

It sounded like a hint or sneaky bit of spam to me, & it was, but I thought it was quite interesting.

http://www.sightrightuk.com/snooker.php

They do Darts & Golf, too.

Bet they'd struggle with me though.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: March 02, 2018, 10:40:06 PM »

Old mardy arse is a gonner then.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 02, 2018, 10:46:36 PM »

Old mardy arse is a gonner then.

The referee with the clumpy shoes?

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: